• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Dog That Turned Into Green Mist, Cows Standing On Hind Legs & Other Cases Of Gibbering Insanity

heres one from right here:
I remember about 8 years ago before I started to drive (when my Mum always used to drive me everywhere - aaaw don't you just love mums? :D), we were travelling to town when on the left hand side of the road, up a slight slope my mum gasped and told me to look up on the left.

She slammed on the brakes and we both saw about 12 small people (approx 4ft tall) dressed in green, with tiny little helmets on, carrying miniature guns running along the side of the road :eek!!!!:

We looked around as a car overtook us, blaring its horn, when we turned back we couldnt see anything; we were like WTF?! - a highly unusual experience, but at least is classified as a strange encounter. Maybe they were real people and we just must have been confused as to distance/whatever...

Either that or the leprechauns are getting ready to invade :madeyes:
from the strange folk thread
but yup faeries carring weapons,what could possibly go wrong :p

oooh I found this gem of a story...

So i've shared my story a few times(multiple now) whenever someone asks what the creepiest thing to have happen to them is so it might look very familiar, but here it is: When I was 16 I would jump on my trampoline out back for hours every night. Literally, hours. I would listen to my ipod and just daydream to get away from a rough family life. One night when I was jumping a kid ran past our fence full speed carrying a box about the size and shape of a skateboard. He ran to the park behind my house and held it by the edge then tossed it into the air so that it flipped a few times before landing on the ground. At this point I was a little weirded out because he was just standing over it staring for a pretty long time. Then out of no where he just bolts full speed back past our fence like he didn't even notice I was there. Alright that's a bit weird. I just kept jumping and staring at where the box was.... here's where it gets creepy. The box looked like it was moving. Then something started to rise out of it. I actually stopped jumping and rubbed my eyes and watched as what looked like a full grown man rose out of a box that was like 2 inches thick.. He had an elongated head with no hair. His skin was orange, and his eyes were huge and pitch black. He raised one arm up to his side and the box just kind of went into what I can only describe as a trench coat. He walked over to the only pavilion we have at the small park, grabbed the metal beam holding up the overhang and started to bang his head hard onto the beam over and over. At this point I had rubbed my eyes quite a few times and couldn't even move. I had no idea what I was seeing. Then without warning he just stopped and his head quickly whipped around and stared right at me. It was like he could feel me watching him. A giant and I mean giant smile came across his face as those dark eyes just stared at me. He tilted his head back and forth a few times. I had goosebumps and my eyes stared to tear up. Even typing this is making my hair stand on edge because I wont ever forget that look. As I was about to start crying (and I don't know why I wanted to cry but his face just filled me with terror) he turned around and kind of phased down the road off into the distance. Phase like those units the Protoss have in Starcraft that leave a "trail" of themselves for a short period of time if that helps to explain it. He was gone. That was it. I balled my eyes out and sprinted inside and called my best friend who assured me I was seeing things and needed to calm down. Im sure I sound insane and no one will believe me, but this is the creepiest thing that has happened to me. I know what I saw and to this day when I think about it my eyes begin to water and my hair stands on edge. Never saw anything like it since.

That's a cracker! And again, that weirdness we were talking about here, last week or so - that huge smile.

Ok, I did do a bit of research to determine whether this memory I have was the same as the ‘dancing cows’ mentioned on the gibbering insanity thread - but it doesn’t seem to be. I hope this is the right section of the board to post my query (I’ve been posting for a while now but have never started my own thread prior to this)!

I recall a story (in the style of ‘it happened to me’, but not quite sure if it was on the FT website), possibly quite a few years ago now, concerning more than one witness. Maybe two women? If I recall correctly they were out walking (or driving) in a rural area when they came upon a field of cows grazing. As they approached they witnessed a small group of cows - separate from the others - stood up on hind legs, human style, chatting and laughing to one another. As the witnesses came closer the cows quickly reverted back to type, hurriedly lowering themselves back on to 4 legs, mindlessly chewing grass,etc.

This little tale really stuck with me, perhaps it was in the telling, but it seemed quite genuine. Had me pondering for days :crazy:
I’m not ashamed to admit that I love this kind of oddity, and would really like to know if anyone else has come across it anywhere online.

There were a few other stories alongside this one concerning talking animals, although only this and maybe one or two others impressed me. I wondered if I might have read it on the digital spy forum a few years back, perhaps the ‘creepiest thing’ thread, but I can only say for certain that it wasn’t reddit.

Any idea?

Last edited:
Like this?

503d4c69d7f479cd517a5d653f866470.jpg

:D:D:D I’m dying here! This is too much, haha!

Now I am wondering if the witnesses saw this beforehand.
However, my cow story must exist somewhere. Perhaps I am wrong and the cows were horses? I can’t be too certain.

:D:D:D I’m dying here! This is too much, haha!

Now I am wondering if the witnesses saw this beforehand.
However, my cow story must exist somewhere. Perhaps I am wrong and the cows were horses? I can’t be too certain.

I remember reading a story like that, but I can't remember where. I think the one I read had horses, so maybe not the same story. It would have been here or Reddit, I'm 99% certain.

I also particularly like that kind of oddity.

I remember reading a story like that, but I can't remember where. I think the one I read had horses, so maybe not the same story. It would have been here or Reddit, I'm 99% certain.

I also particularly like that kind of oddity.
It may have been horses - I’m still undecided :confused:

One thing’s for certain, it wasn’t a cartoon. It was quite unusual and strangely convincing. I so wish that I could remember! Reminded me of Katherine Briggs’ compilation of ordinary people’s accounts of so-called fairy lore; the dark & uncanny, as opposed to all that Cottingley-style prettified stuff.

It may have been horses - I’m still undecided :confused:

One thing’s for certain, it wasn’t a cartoon. It was quite unusual and strangely convincing. I so wish that I could remember! Reminded me of Katherine Briggs’ compilation of ordinary people’s accounts of so-called fairy lore; the dark & uncanny, as opposed to all that Cottingley-style prettified stuff.

Reminded me of something I posted a while back, post number 2 -

http://forum.forteantimes.com/index...ite-irish-fortean-stories.60702/#post-1557009

It's a sheep and while it's not standing up having a chat, it's certainly a scary encounter.

reddits GITM delivers once again:
When I was about 16, I came home from hanging with friends. I was a huge cartoon fan, still am, grabbed some food and settled into my bed to watch Nickelodeon. I knew it was Nick because it was the last channel I watched that day and no one shared the TV in my room. So I turn it on to see this creepy black, white and grey scene where hundreds of nude humans are walking in a line over these hills in the background towards these giant hamster wheels in the front of the scene. They're walking towards the wheels as a few people are already in the wheels walking endlessly & mindlessly in this robotic, zombie like state. The people walking toward the wheels are also in this similar state, as if there is no life within their eyes, they're just cold/robotic. There's this cold, wind like noise, whistling in the background. It looks real, not animated and as I watch in awe at this dark scene I come to similar conclusion and ask myself why Nick would have something so live and non-action (really) as the entire scene keeps just repeating itself of more humans walking towards and in these hamster wheels. I start thinking maybe it's just some weird short and it's kinda cool in a dark sort of way, but minutes go by and it starts to get dull watching this same scene not doing anything else so I quickly change the channel to something else when in a split second I realize "wait a minute.... WTF did I just watch?!?!" and change it back immediately, only to find SpongeBob on mid episode. You could tell SpongeBob was on for awhile, not like the weird short played and it just came on. Freaked out I keep going back to surrounding channels thinking maybe it wasn't Nick, but nothing has the hamster wheel video on. It felt really dark, almost evil when I watched it and though seemed somewhat interesting at first, started to feel really wrong after awhile so that lined with the repetitiveness of it all made me change it but now that I realized that it wasn't on any channel in the first place I was really creeped out and still am to this day.

I don't know if this was necessarily a shift in reality or something sinister, paranormal, really a short, etc. But I have NEVER been able to research and come up with anything about its existence since, including researching that day online in 2005 when it happened. Id like to believe it was some dumb film project, but I can't find any evidence of it ever existing in reality as we know it. If anybody knows wtf I saw, I'd love to be debunked. Still somewhat wary of my TV till this day, ugh.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Glitch_in_the_Matrix/comments/7jmfjk/humans_walking_in_hamster_wheels/

On the subject of TV's doing weird things, I recall that once, in between adverts, I saw this green alieny thing looking out at me. The image was there for abt 3 seconds, and it looked highly surprised that it could be seen. It reached over, pushed a button and then the next ad came on. Very strange.

That jogged a memory. I had the radio on in the background, either TalkSport or LBC, would have been mid to late 90's. Can't remember what people were calling in about but nothing paranormal was mentioned before or after this call. I wasn't really listening so missed the first bit but a woman, sounded middle aged to elderly, rang in and I started to listen when she said she'd seen all these thin white creatures on her tv, on every channel, walking among the actors who seemingly couldn't see them. She'd rung the police, didn't know what else to do. They'd been dismissive but a while later a policeman called round and told her they knew all about them but they kept quiet about it because they didn't want to frighten people, that some people could see them and some couldn't. The host had been derisive and disbelieving that a policeman would say that to her. She said she knew! she agreed! it was crazy!, and that's why she'd rung the station back to ask what he'd meant, that some people could see them and some couldn't? She'd been very serious and despite what she was saying didn't come across as unbalanced, the fear only crept into her voice when she said the police station told her they hadn't sent anyone round...and the host cut her off and sneered that she should go and have a lay down, had she been at the cooking sherry. Anyone else remember this?

Don't remember it, but it sounds like a definitive case of dementia. My gran started seeing a man in her TV who nobody else could when she began her slide into dementia, and this sounds very familiar, sad to say.

... a woman, sounded middle aged to elderly, rang in and I started to listen when she said she'd seen all these thin white creatures on her tv, on every channel, walking among the actors who seemingly couldn't see them. ...

Back in the early days of over-the-air TV broadcasting, inter-channel interference involving one or more distant / weak / reflected channels could result in a fuzzy second (moving / dynamic) image mixed in with the expected broadcast. Depending on the cause and degree, this could result in dark or white-ish silhouetted figures moving around as if they were ghosts on the same set as the expected show.

Back in the early days of over-the-air TV broadcasting, inter-channel interference involving one or more distant / weak / reflected channels could result in a fuzzy second (moving / dynamic) image mixed in with the expected broadcast. Depending on the cause and degree, this could result in dark or white-ish silhouetted figures moving around as if they were ghosts on the same set as the expected show.

That would have been a far better reply for this radio host to give than sneering at the poor woman. But it's Talk Sport, so I suppose I shouldn't expect any more.

I remember that happening. If it was temporary maybe something like a bird perched on the aerial? Or atmospheric conditions?

September 25, 1954
France: Joinville-le-Pont.
Time: 21:35

Walking along the banks of the River Marne, MP and a friend see an object descend and land nearby without making any noise. Two humanoids about 1.10 m in height with their faces covered with hair exit the machine. A beam of light paralyzes both witnesses as one of the humanoids approaches MP and tore off the trousers. The two humanoids re-board their machine, which rises vertically and disappears at high speed.

Source: Albert Rosales Humanoid Catalogue, 1954, entry #127; citing Michel Figuet
uhhhh....

Excellent! Any other members of the Addams family present?

We need more of these!

more weirdness:
The first or second of September, 1997, Malacite, Colorado, North of Sheep MountainA C-131 transport plane was seen dropping a “huge box” just north of the Atlantic Richfield CO2 plant (located between Sheep and Little Sheep Mountains) in Huerfano County, near the towns of Red Wing and Malacite, Colorado. Locals in the area witnessed the “drop” and set off to investigate and search for the box. Three separate reports of the following events have emerged. In one report, locals witnessed two men with “jet-packs on their backs flying up and down, around and between” Sheep and Little Sheep Mountain, apparently looking for the box. Other witnesses claim they saw a craft, a short time later, that had the appearance of a large clear bubble. From the bottom of the bubble sparks were being emitted with a “clattering sound” from square objects that were described as “magnets.” A witness (in true Colorado fashion) evidently fired a gun at the strange-looking object as it passed overhead and later that evening the man was confronted and then accosted by three men. He told neighbors he was wrestled to the ground and one of the men grabbed him and “snapped his neck” and he immediately was rendered unconscious. Another report claims personnel were seen searching ranches and barns north of Sheep Mountain later that night, or early the following morning. A number of locals are being sought who witnessed this apparent search by these unknown craft and personnel.
source: https://www.ourstrangeplanet.com/the-san-luis-valley/investigations/trogolodytes/

Back