• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Conspiracy Theories & Claims

French nurse says (literally) that French government figures are bullshit and that testing has been dialled down to avoid the panic that would ensue if the real figures were known.

My French is sub-schoolboy. If the translation is inaccurate, I apologise.

Also, caveat: frustratingly, I can't get a date for this.

Thanks.

So, thus far from October 2019 to March 2020 a total of 59,000 people have died from the flu in the US.

The number being thrown around for coronavirus is 200,000. So, yes, almost four times worse.

To be clear (which several news accounts were not), this figure of 200,000 was a possible best case scenario.

How well Americans obey social distancing could make the difference between 100,000 and millions of deaths, said Dr. Deborah Birx, the White House's coronavirus response coordinator.
"If we do things together well, almost perfectly, we could get in the range of 100,000 to 200,000 fatalities," Birx told NBC's "Today" show Monday. "We don't even want to see that."
Birx said the worst-case projections show "between 1.6 million and 2.2 million deaths if you do nothing" and disregard social distancing guidelines.

Source: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/30/health/us-coronavirus-updates-monday/index.html

My instinct--informed by contact with friends in the States--is that while they are no longer in 'worst case scenario' territory, they are a world away from a 'best case scenario' setting. Reports are that far too many people still are not observing even the relatively 'loose' social distancing guidelines, and that both state and federal tiers of government lack the appetite to make the recommended measures legally binding.

In short: this could still end up being epically worse than any 'regular' flu season.

French nurse says (literally) that French government figures are bullshit and that testing has been dialled down to avoid the panic that would ensue if the real figures were known.

I understood about half of that, and what I did understand matched with the subtitles. Don't take that as definite though..

If true, extremely scary. I suppose the question would be (as in all things related to this) - is she really a nurse and really telling the truth? Not to discredit her if she is, but I suppose if I'm wearing my 'cynical' beret* then anyone could just phone in and claim such things and we can never know.

Do I think its possible the French government (or any government) could be lying about the true figures? Absolutely.

*that's the sapphire blue one.

I understood about half of that, and what I did understand matched with the subtitles. Don't take that as definite though..

If true, extremely scary. I suppose the question would be (as in all things related to this) - is she really a nurse and really telling the truth? Not to discredit her if she is, but I suppose if I'm wearing my 'cynical' beret* then anyone could just phone in and claim such things and we can never know.

Do I think its possible the French government (or any government) could be lying about the true figures? Absolutely.

*that's the sapphire blue one.

TBH I doubt if any Western government is deliberately lying about the figures. Low figures are good news, high figures justify the draconian actions taken. they've no need to lie. That doesn't mean the figures are 100% accurate as I said above, but I really really doubt any deliberate obfuscation is taking place in Europe or North America.

This is a lengthy interview with a couple of biowarfare experts. They're fairly clear that Covid-19 is transmissible by droplets (via coughs and sneezes), not through handling fomites (things that have been touched). It's still a good idea to be zealous about handwashing, but I think maybe we should be less worried about handling stuff.

TBH I doubt if any Western government is deliberately lying about the figures. Low figures are good news, high figures justify the draconian actions taken. they've no need to lie. That doesn't mean the figures are 100% accurate as I said above, but I really really doubt any deliberate obfuscation is taking place in Europe or North America.

Don't misunderstand - I'm not saying they are lying... just saying I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if they did. :) But it wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination that they might not want the figures too high to avoid mass panic (i.e. buying up of even more toilet rolls ;) )

This is a lengthy interview with a couple of biowarfare experts. They're fairly clear that Covid-19 is transmissible by droplets (via coughs and sneezes), not through handling fomites (things that have been touched). It's still a good idea to be zealous about handwashing, but I think maybe we should be less worried about handling stuff.

I've seen plenty on the news lately about the coronavirus staying on certain surfaces for various ranges between a few hours and 3 days (or something, can't remember exactly)... is that not the case, then? (Disclaimer: unable to watch the video at this present moment).

Reassuring if that's the case, but I think we'll continue to wipe down our purchases and any post that comes through the door, if nothing else it makes us feel better. :)

Just watched the video with my wife. We both felt the English subtitles were very accurate.
Quite a damning critique of the government concealing the true enormity of the crisis and of the desperation felt by health workers.

Uri Geller went the full David Icke yesterday by suggesting that the virus is nanotechnology and that the protrusions from the virus are antennas. He says they are "controlled" through Quantum mechanics.

Say what you will about him, the guy is a brilliant self-publicist. His latest lecture was basically about creating controversy to keep yourself in the headlines. He said, "It doesn't matter what they say about you as long as they spell your name correctly".

I've seen plenty on the news lately about the coronavirus staying on certain surfaces for various ranges between a few hours and 3 days (or something, can't remember exactly)... is that not the case, then?
Yes, that is true, but it's really not the primary route of infection.
My advice is to continue wiping stuff down if it makes you feel reassured.

IMO the main differences between Geller and Icke is that Geller comes out with any old nonsense based on nothing in an attempt to further his own popularity (or lack of), and mostly you can see through it as a load of pseudo-scientific claptrap cobbled together to be barely even an idea.
Whereas Icke comes out with what he thinks are actually fully formed ideas/opinions based on the science as he interprets it, and it sounds fairly believable (except for all that nonsense when he was raving and said he was the son of god etc).
I can't say I accept much of what either of them says TBH but if I HAD to go with one or the other, I think Icke is the more convincing, yet still obviously a bit nuts. I'm sure he's a lovely chap though.

Uri Geller went the full David Icke yesterday by suggesting that the virus is nanotechnology and that the protrusions from the virus are antennas. He says they are "controlled" through Quantum mechanics.

Say what you will about him, the guy is a brilliant self-publicist. His latest lecture was basically about creating controversy to keep yourself in the headlines. He said, "It doesn't matter what they say about you as long as they spell your name correctly".
Barking!
Antennas! :rollingw::rollingw::rollingw:

I know that when I want to get an opinion on whether a virus is manufactured or not I go to a conman and self-proclaimed psychic, not an actual virologist or immunologist. C-19 clearly evolved from existing and known forms of the disease found in bats and pangolins, and if it had been tampered with via CRISPR it would be obvious due to the fact that the sequences involved are only slightly evolved from precursor forms of the virus, whereas CRISPR would allow whole sections of genetic code to be cut and inserted, and would render the virus obviously edited, like a bad photoshop job.

I know that when I want to get an opinion on whether a virus is manufactured or not I go to a conman and self-proclaimed psychic, not an actual virologist or immunologist. C-19 clearly evolved from existing and known forms of the disease found in bats and pangolins, and if it had been tampered with via CRISPR it would be obvious due to the fact that the sequences involved are only slightly evolved from precursor forms of the virus, whereas CRISPR would allow whole sections of genetic code to be cut and inserted, and would render the virus obviously edited, like a bad photoshop job.
Of course, there are ways of doing this by using animal hosts to combine viruses. It would be very slow and fairly random, but the end result would look natural. This is what we're not being told.

Of course, there are ways of doing this by using animal hosts to combine viruses. It would be very slow and fairly random, but the end result would look natural. This is what we're not being told.
So you are saying that they would be actively seeking to breed the virus in the animals? Firstly, you could literally go decades without producing a result by that method. Nobody has the time to do it that way. Secondly, why would you go to all that trouble to destroy your own economic prosperity and randomly kill your own population? I mean, whatever you may have done to your target's population, you will also do to your own. Thirdly, the process you are describing would be less effective than selectively breeding animals for trait by a huge margin. Most people will eventually opt for just digging up people who have died of a lethal pathogen and harvesting the virus from them rather than wasting the money, if they are really that set on killing people. Fourthly, if your aim is to kill people, C-19 isn't nearly lethal enough for a manufactured disease, and it is now active in every country on the planet, so nobody saw it coming. In the case of a conspiracy, one must always ask "who profits"? Not even the drug companies will make money. Yes, even when they roll out the vaccine it will almost certainly not make enough of a profit to cover the expense of making it, and in the meantime they are losing money on the other drugs they aren't selling or making because their workforce is at home.

Firstly, you could literally go decades without producing a result by that method. Nobody has the time to do it that way. Secondly, why would you go to all that trouble to destroy your own economic prosperity and randomly kill your own population?
This is China we're talking about. A repressive regime. They'd quite happily sacrifice a few of their own people.
Their elite people are in no danger - maybe they even have a vaccine. Their economy is recovering right now.
They may have been working on the virus for decades - those guys have a lot of patience.

I'm going straight out there with it.
The whole Covid-19 pandemic IS a a massive con.
We already have seasonal flu which is nasty and kills people.
Governments are using it (covid-19) as a reason to impose new rules/restrictions/laws in order to subdue the population and/or deal with increasingly ageing populations as it's a drain on resources.

I disagree.

Are these new laws really worth the damage to the economy?

And with these new laws the powers that be lose a massive amount of useful data - that of where people go, when they go there, and who with.

The number of deaths is not huge (so far), it barely puts a dent in pension expenditure - which is massively outweighed by the increased cost of unemployment benefit, salary benefit and business grants.

Not to mention the lock down resulting in loss of tax revenue from fuel and pubs.

I disagree, once the virus peaks then our situation will start to stabilize. Already know some who died from this virus. And lets face it there's a lot of unsanitary folks out there who don't care if they spread the virus. I believe presidents Trumps and governor Cuomo's precautions are just a stop gap measure, not a conspiracy. Don't know about Great Britain but we have any thousands of cases in NY state. It will run it's course in X weeks or months. What I refuse to watch is the fricken news which can create panic with their non stop updates and network interruptions concerning the Covid -19. Done watching this crap.

Soon as you look this up you will find it has been debunked - Is that too a conspiracy?

Vitamin C for Pneumonia, Lung Infections, & the Novel Coronavirus

{"Supposedly 'they' debunked Vitamin C as having any value for Coronavirus BUT this group of doctors and other professionals
'Orthomolecular Medicine' News Service, Mar 22, 2020, which I have followed for years disagrees" }

by Graham Player, PhD, Andrew W. Saul, Damien Downing, MBBS, MRSB and Gert Schuitemaker, PhD

"
(OMNS Mar 22, 2020) In 1936 Gander and Niederberger found that vitamin C lowered fever and reduced pain in pneumonia patients. Also in 1936, Hochwald independently reported similar results. In 1946 Slotkin further reported that "Vitamin C has been used routinely by the general surgeons in the Millard Fillmore Hospital, Buffalo, as a prophylactic against pneumonia, with complete disappearance of this complication."

It is one thing to be sick from a virus and another thing entirely to die from a viral-instigated disease. A 1994 randomised double-blind trial involving vitamin C/placebo supplementation was conducted on 57 elderly patients admitted to hospital with acute respiratory infections (bronchitis and bronchopneumonia). Using a clinical scoring system based on major symptoms of the respiratory condition, patients supplemented with the vitamin fared significantly better than those on placebo. This was particularly the case for those commencing the trial most severely ill, many of whom had very low plasma and white cell vitamin C concentrations on admission.

Vitamin C supports your immune system. Vitamin C helps to kill viruses and reduces the symptoms of infection. It's not a COVID-19 "cure," but nothing is. It might just save your life, though, and will definitely reduce the severity of the infection. If someone tells you it's not proven, consider two things:

1. Nothing is proven to work against COVID-19, because it is a new virus
2. Vitamin C has worked against every single virus including influenzas, pneumonia, and even poliomyelitis.

See whole article here:
http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v16n20.shtml

I may be a cynic about modern mainstream medicine
- But it seems to me that no cheap and inexpensive substance, such as vitamin C,
will be accepted as having any value from big pharma when an expensive cure and vaccine might produce many billions, if not trillions of dollars!!!

Orthomolecular.org is put into context here.

I'm not sure if it debunks it. I often take those fizzing high-dose Vitamin C drinks and feel they may afford a degree of protection against the work-related bugs I encounter. Zinc is probably more important.

Vitamin C, a panacea, suppressed by bigpharma? I'm very doubtful. :(

How about this:

Successful High-Dose Vitamin C Treatment of Patients with Serious and Critical COVID-19 Infection
by Richard Cheng, MD, PhD

"
OMNS Mar 18, 2020) A group of medical doctors, healthcare providers and scientists met online March 17, 2020, to discuss the use of high dose intravenous vitamin C (IVC) in the treatment of moderate to severe cases of Covid-19 patients. The key guest was Dr. Enqian Mao, chief of emergency medicine department at Ruijin Hospital, a major hospital in Shanghai, affiliated with the Joatong University College of Medicine. Dr. Mao is also a member of the Senior Expert Team at the Shanghai Public Health Center, where all Covid-19 patients have been treated. In addition, Dr. Mao co-authored the Shanghhai Guidelines for the Treatment of Covid-19 Infection, an official document endorsed by the Shanghai Medical Association and the Shanghai city government. [1]

Dr. Mao has been using high-dose dose IVC to treat patients with acute pancreatitis, sepsis, surgical wound healing and other medical conditions for over 10 years. When Covid-19 broke out, he and other experts thought of vitamin C and recommended IVC for the treatment of moderate to severe cases of Covid-19 patients. The recommendation was accepted early in the epidemic by the Shanghai Expert Team. All serious or critically ill Covid-19 patients in the Shanghai area were treated in Shanghai Public Health Center, for a total of 358 Covid-19 patients as of March 17th, 2020.

Dr. Mao stated that his group treated ~50 cases of moderate to severe cases of Covid-19 infection with high dose IVC. The IVC dosing was in the range of 10,000 mg - 20,000 mg a day for 7-10 days, with 10,000 mg for moderate cases and 20,000 for more severe cases, determined by pulmonary status (mostly the oxygenation index) and coagulation status. All patients who received IVC improved and there was no mortality. Compared to the average of a 30-day hospital stay for all Covid-19 patients, those patients who received high dose IVC had a hospital stay about 3-5 days shorter than the overall patients. Dr. Mao discussed one severe case in particular who was deteriorating rapidly. He gave a bolus of 50,000 mg IVC over a period of 4 hours. The patient's pulmonary (oxygenation index) status stabilized and improved as the critical care team watched in real time. There were no side effects reported from any of the cases treated with high dose IVC..........."

See whole article here:
http://www.orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v16n18.shtml

There is another article online now:
NEW YORK HOSPITALS ARE USING VITAMIN C TO TREAT SOME CORONAVIRUS PATIENTS
Link here:
https://www.newsweek.com/new-york-hospitals-vitamin-c-coronavirus-patients-1494407

But remember there is little money to be made in vitamin c even if it has to be
purified for injection - So it must be debunked even if it could save thousands,
if not millions of lives!!! - But modern medicine and especially big pharma see
profit as the major incentive for action.

Christ Myth - I remember you from way back on this forum, in my old account, you used to preach tolerance and respect for everyone. You've gone "woo-woo" over the last few years, what happened to change your mind?

Bond, James Bond, are you ready?

Casual observation indicates a bioterroism attack
- There is something very unnatural about this pandemic,
both the way it is spreading and the rate of spread are subject to suspicion.

The coronavirus: Blueprint for bioterrorism, BY GRADY MEANS, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR — 03/09/20

"Regardless of the source of the coronavirus, it is now a roadmap for future bioterrorism. The damage has been quick and enormous — much greater than 9/11 — and worldwide. The responses have been predictable and ineffective. And the cost of a potential weapon such as this is close to zero. It represents the perfect asymmetric warfare strategy, and there should be little doubt these lessons are being studied carefully by military planners in North Korea, Tehran, Moscow, Beijing and desert caves throughout the Middle East.

The conventional, and most likely, view of the COVID-19 outbreak is that it originated in Wuhan, China, near the most sophisticated Chinese bioweapons lab and then proceeded into the world from there, leaving people to guess whether it originated in the lab and leaked, came from wild bats or snakes, or came from an exotic meat market.

But now, or in the future, there is another possibility: an intentional bioweapons attack from a non-state (or, perhaps, hidden, state) actor, and that represents a serious threat that America must take seriously................"

"A coronavirus attack also could be a strategic distraction for a larger military or political play. For example, no terror group would take credit for an initial attack if, for example, they planned to release a similar, more deadly strain to create real panic and social collapse. “Experts” and the mainstream media would be lost and might suggest the original virus had “mutated,” again slowing effective response.

The above outline has been discussed for a couple of decades; intelligence and security services are well aware of this scenario..........."

"Far-fetched? Perhaps. But consider this: If the coronavirus were a terrorist attack, it already would be, by far, the most effective act of non-state terrorism in the history of the world."

See whole article here:
https://thehill.com/opinion/national-security/485921-the-coronavirus-blueprint-for-bioterrorism

And then consider the year of the last huge pandemic with millions of causalities
1918 - The year WWI ended - Coincidence?
Remember the Spanish Flu actually began in the United States.
Were there sore losers at the end of WWI? They already had poison gas
-Is it possible they also had some primitive form of bioterrorist weapon???
Was the United States, and possibly other countries attacked by it?

"The first wave of the 1918 pandemic occurred in the spring and was generally mild. The sick, who experienced such typical flu symptoms as chills, fever and fatigue, usually recovered after several days, and the number of reported deaths was low.

However, a second, highly contagious wave of influenza appeared with a vengeance in the fall of that same year. Victims died within hours or days of developing symptoms, their skin turning blue and their lungs filling with fluid that caused them to suffocate. In just one year, 1918, the average life expectancy in America plummeted by a dozen years."
Source link:
https://www.history.com/topics/world-war-i/1918-flu-pandemic

So James Bond time to get off the screen and stop playing super hero,
The Villains are real Mr. Bond and the World needs you NOW!!!

Last edited:
I disagree.
Are these new laws really worth the damage to the economy?
................The number of deaths is not huge (so far), it barely puts a dent in pension expenditure - which is massively outweighed by the increased cost of unemployment benefit, salary benefit and business grants.............
Not to mention the lock down resulting in loss of tax revenue from fuel and pubs.

Well said, and a logical argument. I take that all on board (and I'm particularly cheesed off about the pubs!)
Maybe it's not quite as much of a 'con' as the half-cut version of me, that exists late at night, stated!
But there is a whiff of something about the whole affair which currently we haven't been given the full story on I'm sure.

If the black death was a terrorist attack, it would have been very succesful. Does that mean that it was?
Also it's only succesful in terms of death toll. It's out of control and doesn't discriminate in who it kills. Is that really so useful?

If the black death was a terrorist attack, it would have been very succesful. Does that mean that it was?
Also it's only succesful in terms of death toll. It's out of control and doesn't discriminate in who it kills. Is that really so useful?

Might be if you had an advanced biological laboratory researching the virus already. Who is to say that the Chinese government don't already have a vaccine against SARS strain coronavirii?

The origin of this virus is not really in doubt. Whether by design or accident it emerged in Wuhan. If I wanted plausible deniability about the origin of a novel virus I would ensure the lab was near a plausible alternative source of pathogens i.e. the wet market.

I don't seriously think it is a bioweapon, but the possibility cannot be lightly dismissed.

Back