• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

People Who Feel Wrong

Oh, there is a glitch in the matrix!

In @escargot's text above it has the quote as mine, but actually it's from @Cochise. :conf2:

Although, interestingly, I grew up in Essex and my dad's from Liverpool.

Your Scousity cannot be concealed. :cool:

The reason for the wrong name is to do with my fat fingers. :chuckle:

His modus operandi, his way of controlling them, was alcohol.
This reminds me of how pimps work.

Most effective way to dominate anyone is turn them into an addict and then control what they are addicted to.

Simple.
Dependence on drugs, financial help, social presentation, it's all unhealthy.

I put this down to the fact that she had had a very miserable abusive married life, but looking back I wonder whether in fact she "got off" in some way with such a relationship, and simply couldn't live with the calm loving environment I tried to create for her.
Yes, I've met people like this who need to have conflict and who strive to control. The conflict provided a cover for whatever they were trying to ignore in themselves. When they couldn't control me they got bent out of shape. I came to realize that they tried to control conditions external to themselves, whether it was my behavior or someone else's, because they felt out of control on the inside. The more out of control they felt on the inside, the harder they tried to control what was outside themselves. Imagine if you felt like you were in danger of annihilation as your inner chaos ramped up. It must be terrifying. Add to that a great lack of self awareness (why else would they have all these unresolved, highly destructive issues?) and that's a recipe for horrible dynamics.

We're huge Liverpool fans in this house. Our creepy weird neighbours support Man Utd... Which says it all, really. If anyone remembers Harry Enfield's Kevin and Perry... the episode where Perry comes back from Manchester and starts walking around like Bez - the (female) neighbour walks exactly like that. (They're not Mancunians).

This reminds me of how pimps work.

Dependence on drugs, financial help, social presentation, it's all unhealthy.

Yes, I've met people like this who need to have conflict and who strive to control. The conflict provided a cover for whatever they were trying to ignore in themselves. When they couldn't control me they got bent out of shape. I came to realize that they tried to control conditions external to themselves, whether it was my behavior or someone else's, because they felt out of control on the inside. The more out of control they felt on the inside, the harder they tried to control what was outside themselves. Imagine if you felt like you were in danger of annihilation as your inner chaos ramped up. It must be terrifying. Add to that a great lack of self awareness (why else would they have all these unresolved, highly destructive issues?) and that's a recipe for horrible dynamics.
It tends to come from being brought up in a family where violence = love. It is very very hard to lose the conditioning of your childhood, which is why abuse tends to be handed down from generation to generation. If someone with this kind of upbringing finds themselves in a calm, what most people would call 'loving' environment, they can't handle it and can't see it as love. They spend most of their time in a state of stress waiting for, and sometimes trying to precipitate, the violence erupting, because that is how 'all' loving relationships must be.

We're huge Liverpool fans in this house. Our creepy weird neighbours support Man Utd... Which says it all, really. If anyone remembers Harry Enfield's Kevin and Perry... the episode where Perry comes back from Manchester and starts walking around like Bez - the (female) neighbour walks exactly like that. (They're not Mancunians).
One of my colleagues loves Liverpool so of course every bit of Man U memorabilia I can find gets stuck or taped to his locker. :evil:

Stickers, programmes, cards, badges, tickets - the best was a Man U stadium tour lanyard which must've been some fan's prize possession.
Well, it's Joe's now.

Apparently he goes BALLISTIC. :chuckle:

I've never admitted this so nobody knows it's me, and if anyone suspected me they'd dismiss the idea as I am known to have no interest in sport. :cool:

One of my colleagues loves Liverpool so of course every bit of Man U memorabilia I can find gets stuck or taped to his locker. :evil:

Stickers, programmes, cards, badges, tickets - the best was a Man U stadium tour lanyard which must've been some fan's prize possession.
Well, it's Joe's now.

I've never admitted this so nobody knows it's me, and if anyone suspected me they'd dismiss the idea as I am known to have no interest in sport. :cool:
You are an evil genius :hahazebs:

snail-bob-6.jpg

Well, it's Joe's now.

So evil.

I actually find it quite pathetic that people get so wound up about humans kicking a round thing about on a field. I lost all interest in sport in my late teens when I discovered bikes, cars and girls. Nothing beats those 3 interests.
Yup, it's like a religion with them! :chuckle:
It tends to come from being brought up in a family where violence = love. It is very very hard to lose the conditioning of your childhood, which is why abuse tends to be handed down from generation to generation. If someone with this kind of upbringing finds themselves in a calm, what most people would call 'loving' environment, they can't handle it and can't see it as love. They spend most of their time in a state of stress waiting for, and sometimes trying to precipitate, the violence erupting, because that is how 'all' loving relationships must be.
Was chatting with Techy recently about a late friend who'd been like that.
I was a good mate to her but had to accept that she didn't trust me.

She'd been forked over so many times by people who'd shown her a bit of kindness, she was always expecting it.
Took me a good while to realise all this.

I've mentioned this before -

Things became clear when she told me how her father would drop little Her off at men's houses and they would abuse her, and he'd collect her later.

She actually asked me, 'Do you think my Dad knew what those men were doing to me?'

I said 'Well yeah, he knew, and those men were paying him.'
It explained a lot.

This was never mentioned again and soon afterwards she did ME over by stealing from me and our friendship was over.
I believe now that she couldn't handle the realisation of how cruelly she'd been abused by people she trusted.

So yeah, there are people who are damaged and they can't be fixed with mere love. :(

Anyway... a mate informed me yesterday that Mr Angry has been suspended. This seems to have happened in the last few days.

It might or might not be about my complaints, I don't know.

A manager went to see see him at work and he responded to whatever was said by shouting abuse.
That's all I know, as I heard it from my friend who was told by a witness.

So, we shall see what we shall see.

Well, it's Joe's now.

@Ghost In The Machine - you do realise I'd do this to YOU? :evil:

Last edited:
Anyway... a mate informed me yesterday that Mr Angry has been suspended. This seems to have happened in the last few days.

A manager went to see see him at work and he responded to whatever was said by shouting abuse.

Ah well you see something has finally been done as he has now threatened someone important. :mad:

I wonder what Mr Angry's defence will be? But now he's shown his true colours to management he's more likely to get fired.

This bloke doesn't accept that he has any mental health problems at all.
I think he does and have put in writing that I am not angry with him and have tried my best not to disparage him for it because he can't help it if he's ill.

I won't be told anything about his suspension or whatever happens next through the formal channels because it is confidential. Fair enough!

That's fine by me as I will be informed after he's gone if that's the outcome.

In the meantime I'll hear what's going on from my nosy colleagues. ;)

Sounds like you've got your result - at long last. Sad that they have to show their true natures to the higher ups before anything ever happens, but I suppose he was bound to mess it up eventually - it's just so unfair that you've had to endure this creepiness for so long.

In the court case, if they don't panic and change plea to Guilty at last minute (husband thinks they will, I think they won't). I'm curious to know what their defence will be but might never find out.

Ms PeteS has been recently tasked with turning round a failing business. There's a Mr Angry in there who's already told her to "Shut Up" despite his lowly position (for 30 years). I suspect he's not long for that job, Ms PeteS does not mess about, as I know only too well.

Sounds like you've got your result - at long last. Sad that they have to show their true natures to the higher ups before anything ever happens, but I suppose he was bound to mess it up eventually - it's just so unfair that you've had to endure this creepiness for so long.

In the court case, if they don't panic and change plea to Guilty at last minute (husband thinks they will, I think they won't). I'm curious to know what their defence will be but might never find out.
He hasn't been charged with anything, he's just been sent home from work for shouting at a manager. There's nothing so far to arrest him for.

Well, there is, but people won't complain about intimidation and minor assaults. I'm the only person who's put anything in writing.

Daddy didn’t give me enough hugs when I was ‘ickle seems to be a popular bleat/excuse for most shite nowadays!
Do you watch The Sopranos? One of the mobsters' wives is told that.

He hasn't been charged with anything, he's just been sent home from work for shouting at a manager. There's nothing so far to arrest him for.

Well, there is, but people won't complain about intimidation and minor assaults. I'm the only person who's put anything in writing.
Escargot - You are a smart and cautious person, but sane. The creep at work does not have, it seems, these qualities. Please continue to be cautious in case he fixes his "attention" on you outside the work site. I am always surprised at the ability of a nutcase to fix his or her attention onto a particular person for months and months....

Escargot - You are a smart and cautious person, but sane. The creep at work does not have, it seems, these qualities. Please continue to be cautious in case he fixes his "attention" on you outside the work site. I am always surprised at the ability of a nutcase to fix his or her attention onto a particular person for months and months....
Thank you! Excellent advice there.

Yup, I do believe he is obsessed with me to some extent and will certainly blame me if he loses his job. He already brings my name up in any disagreement and often alleges that I am spreading lies about him.

My home is reasonably secure and I don't open the door without knowing who's there first. The car doors are locked when I'm driving and I keep a pointy crowbar handy!

Back