• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Time Or Dimensional Slips

Tight dress that was swinging was weird and a 30 year old with her (shoulder length) hair down. I mean she could have been bohemian.
'30 years old' is surprisingly specific though. I'd guess an older teenager who hadn't yet 'come out' could have her hair down.

There was still plenty of middle class people who lived there at the turn of the century, it covers quite a large area and was densely populated, the story says that the whole scene changed St Lukes (if it was St Lukes) is fenced off now and sadly redundant

More about St Lukes

I’m rereading the IHTM books (why weren’t there more?’ And I’ve always loved this one.

“PARALLEL UNIVERSE.
I live in a converted warehouse in east London with a video entryphone by the front door. The camera has a fixed point of view and shows visitors against a background of the adjacent Victorian warehouse. The tiny TV entryphone unit in my flat hadn’t shown a picture for a while, although the buzzer and intercom were working normally. The system was serviced - at the camera end rather than at my end - and to my amazement when the doorbell rang I could clearly see my visitor on the screen as intended, but against the background of a row of Edwardian terraced houses that I’d never seen before. Is someone in that unidentified street seeing our warehouses on their video entry phone? Has a time-space portal been unwittingly opened? Is this a ghost in the machine that throws into doubt the veracity of modern surveillance equipment? I subsequently learnt that a neighbour has had this illogical view on his entryphone for months. The repair company suggests that he has a second-hand monitor with its last view burned into the screen; he says he bought it as a new unit; and of course this doesn’t explain why my monitor has only recently taken to depicting my visitors in a parallel universe (though some of them definitely are). If anyone has unwanted warehouses on their video entryphone maybe they would consider an exchange. Alex Brattell, by email, 1995 ”

Excerpt From

Fortean Times: It Happened to Me! Volume 1

Fortean Times

https://books.apple.com/gb/book/fortean-times-it-happened-to-me-volume-1/id441512544

This material may be protected by copyright.

Have we featured the Ron and Doris Rising time-slip before?

"My mother’s ‘displacement’ experience happened as she was traveling on the top deck of a double-decker bus in London in around the 1950s, which is where all the experiences happened. (We are Swedish, but lived in London). As she was sitting there, she became aware of suddenly being out in the open, and she looked around to see that she was on the top deck of an 1800s horse-drawn double-decker omnibus. She said she froze in shock."

http://www.lutonparanormal.com/ufo/paranormal-esoterica-unusual-mysteries-topics/timeslips/

"My mother’s ‘displacement’ experience happened as she was traveling on the top deck of a double-decker bus in London in around the 1950s, which is where all the experiences happened. (We are Swedish, but lived in London). As she was sitting there, she became aware of suddenly being out in the open, and she looked around to see that she was on the top deck of an 1800s horse-drawn double-decker omnibus. She said she froze in shock."

http://www.lutonparanormal.com/ufo/paranormal-esoterica-unusual-mysteries-topics/timeslips/

Strange that they should slip from being on the top deck of one bus to the top deck of another bus.

Very interesting stuff, Paul. Especially interesting is the strange woman whose image 'faded' from the photos. Never heard of anything like that before! I wonder if she was/is visible on the negative? Not that I suppose anyone knows where the negative is.

Very interesting stuff, Paul. Especially interesting is the strange woman whose image 'faded' from the photos. Never heard of anything like that before! I wonder if she was/is visible on the negative? Not that I suppose anyone knows where the negative is.
Have to say that one sounded a bit 'sus' as it is essentially what happened in the 'Back to the Future' movie as McFly fades from the family photo album due to time travel. Her Dad was a commercial photographer so its possible this was a practical joke joke inspired by her mother's earlier experience, but maybe not.

Great case, where did this happen please?
Not found anything out unfortunately Paul.

The building used to be a school years ago.

At the time of the aforementioned incident, the figure they saw went into the door on the right (the door on the left being the main entrance) which was used as the post room at the time.

MrsF had quite a few strange occurrences in there though- the sound of someone walking with a crutch, feeling someone walk/run past her on the stairs and hearing her name being called from the cellar to name a few.

HB.png

And that's where it all falls apart unfortunately, put in my file of things that never happened

Some RAF uniforms here (including cadets), would you be able to identify the closest match and also any insignia worn?

http://www.115atc.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Dress-Regs-website.pdf
Just seen this, Summer rig is pretty standard short sleeved shirt, stable belt and trousers, I would need to be quite close to read insignia or rank tabs. It was'nt until later that I realised there was not an RAF stand at the show that year.

I used to work in the department that procured military uniforms and other bits and pieces, I was in a Quality Assurance role so I would probably have picked up on anything non typical, or "old style"

I winder if these time slips or glimpses of another dimension are quite common, but we are only aware of them when they are sufficiently odd to alert us to them.
Yes.
Like Simon said on post #2,432.

I've had a couple of incidences lately (one yesterday) where people seem to vanish down a side road/path, with no signs of there being anywhere they could have gone to so quickly.

Ghosts and UFOs, past and future ?
though this does not explain all sightings I have always thought time played at least a part.
:dunno:
Yes, it doesn't explain everything but the glimpses of figures in houses, there and gone, grey ladies walking paths, phantom coaches/buses/horses - any and all of these could be short partial slips through time. I'm not sure on whose part though - the ghost or the viewer?

Yes, it doesn't explain everything but the glimpses of figures in houses, there and gone, grey ladies walking paths, phantom coaches/buses/horses - any and all of these could be short partial slips through time. I'm not sure on whose part though - the ghost or the viewer?
Those ghost houses are particular favourite of mine and there are some decent cases out there with reputable witnesses. We had a variant of this close to where I was growing up and involving a church set back some distance and amongst trees from the winding main road to Tiverton. The local legend was that sometimes you could see the church as you approached from the Tiverton direction and sometimes you couldn't. Given the church was defiantly solid and in our time. it would seem something else - a tree? - was appearing and disappearing in front of it. I witnessed this myself whilst driving but was never 100% sure it just wasn't a trick of the light and surroundings.

Those ghost houses are particular favourite of mine and there are some decent cases out there with reputable witnesses. We had a variant of this close to where I was growing up and involving a church set back some distance and amongst trees from the winding main road to Tiverton. The local legend was that sometimes you could see the church as you approached from the Tiverton direction and sometimes you couldn't. Given the church was defiantly solid and in our time. it would seem something else - a tree? - was appearing and disappearing in front of it. I witnessed this myself whilst driving but was never 100% sure it just wasn't a trick of the light and surroundings.
I find the sightings of a person in a house, who was there and then gone, the most compelling of ghost stories. So mundane and yet intriguing. A temporary time slip could explain many of these - perhaps some places are just more prone to thinner walls between times. It would be fabulous to find out if there were any similarities in situation between many of the ghost houses.

I find the sightings of a person in a house, who was there and then gone, the most compelling of ghost stories. So mundane and yet intriguing. A temporary time slip could explain many of these - perhaps some places are just more prone to thinner walls between times. It would be fabulous to find out if there were any similarities in situation between many of the ghost houses.
Or as a result of change and/or renovations taking place, such as the grey lady ghost of Dartington Hall being seen at the time the Elmhirst family were taking residence and beginning renovations:

https://www.dartington.org/kay-starr/

Or as a result of change and/or renovations taking place, such as the grey lady ghost of Dartington Hall being seen at the time the Elmhirst family were taking residence and beginning renovations:

https://www.dartington.org/kay-starr/
Thats like my old neighbour 2 doors down who was having the house renovated and saw a bald man in a basic suit and a rolled up newspaper in his who he noticed the neighbour and disappered like he was seeing a strange Ghost and got a shock.
The newspaper was found in the house a day later barged into a roll and was dated from the 1930's.

Thats like my old neighbour 2 doors down who was having the house renovated and saw a bald man in a basic suit and a rolled up newspaper in his who he noticed the neighbour and disappered like he was seeing a strange Ghost and got a shock.
The newspaper was found in the house a day later barged into a roll and was dated from the 1930's.
Which is quite brilliant I've often thought of some ghost sightings as actually being timeslips, but the interaction is key, they both saw each other, we need more cases like this

Interesting youtube video One incident occurred in South Wales, and the other in Oklahoma.

I've just watched this time slip episode and the first tale is almost exactly (give or take) like the one I posted below.

Now I'm wondering if the story told in the letters page of the Daily Mail was nothing but an urban myth, or was an Urban Myth created by the story told in the letters page of the daily mail.

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/creepiest-fortean-story.64545/post-1955682

I've just watched this time slip episode and the first tale is almost exactly (give or take) like the one I posted below.

Now I'm wondering if the story told in the letters page of the Daily Mail was nothing but an urban myth, or was an Urban Myth created by the story told in the letters page of the daily mail.

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/creepiest-fortean-story.64545/post-1955682
The Daily Mail one sounds like an exaggerated version of the that YT account, with added unnecesary details (as if you wouldn't wake up as your bed dematerialised during the night...). There was also another account from a named witness that I have come across regarding a cafe, it was on a the personal blog of a motorcyclist. In this instance there was a couple in the cafe but they acted as if they didn't hear him at the door. Went back soon after and the cafe was derelict.

The Daily Mail one sounds like an exaggerated version of the that YT account, with added unnecesary details (as if you wouldn't wake up as your bed dematerialised during the night...). There was also another account from a named witness that I have come across regarding a cafe, it was on a the personal blog of a motorcyclist. In this instance there was a couple in the cafe but they acted as if they didn't hear him at the door. Went back soon after and the cafe was derelict.
Yeah saw that one and instead of some interaction it was like the motorists was watching a small moment in time repeat itself.
The whole Paranormal is such a broad church but even the Time Slips cases are different be it ghosts, viewing an alternate universe, Stone Tape or Aliens being jesters.

Back