• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

From what I can recall from my dreams last night, my father (who died 35 years ago) was wanting to give his brother (my uncle is living, has post stroke dementia) a red rose boutonniere and either a watch or a clock which was not working. My mom was trying to find the paperwork that came with the watch/clock so that we could have it fixed. Then I remember sitting in an elegant grey room with an incredibly high coffered ceiling. I was there with my sister and we were waiting for something - it wasn't clear what we were waiting for.

It was one of those dreams where you wake up feeling the weight of it.

I dreamt last that I had some kind of very serious mission and had to take various forms pf transport to accomplish it. One of which was a very fraught drive in a mate's GTi that was being driven in a rather spirited manner.

Said mate is now married, with children and two electric vehicles, and hasn't owned a GTi for a decade.

My dream incorporates the sleepiness. I cannot see what is happening around as I can't keep my eyes open. I cannot move normally as my body presents as very lethargic.

I do think that physically I am fatigued and just respond with like dreams.
I frequently have dreams when my eyes won't stay open. I'm trying to do something important, and have to resort to opening my eyelids with my fingers and only getting very brief glimpses of what I'm doing.

I put it down to my body knowing I'm paralysed and can't open my eyes. The same as the inability to run away from danger, or scream when necessary - I try, but my body won't comply.

Last night I had a very odd dream, in which I owned a tiny (hand sized, the size they call 'tea cup') dog. It was a pug-type, called Henry. I was carrying him around in my cupped hands, my eldest son was there in his big black coat and with dyed blond hair (which he hasn't had for nearly twenty years), and I was driving a car, trying to get into a stream of traffic at night, and noticing that all the other cars in the queue had pulled over to the left, so I just cut in down the outside and joined the main road.

The weirdest thing about the whole dream was the dog element. I have absolutely NO desire to own a pug (or any other brachycephalic dogs), let alone anything tiny. Teal is as small as I would ever go and she's fairly large for a Patterdale.

I dreamt last that I had some kind of very serious mission and had to take various forms pf transport to accomplish it. One of which was a very fraught drive in a mate's GTi that was being driven in a rather spirited manner.

Said mate is now married, with children and two electric vehicles, and hasn't owned a GTi for a decade.
I know it's bad form to quote your own post, but I need to add that I told said mate about this dream.

He just looked wistful and said, "I miss that car."

I dreamed I was driving my current banger, with the seats down as usual, in heavy drizzle, carrying a huge sack full of some unspecified cargo in the back.

This bag was bulbous and tied at the top with a cord, like a Santa sack. It was so heavy it weighed down the back of the car and tilted the bonnet upwards so I could hardly see over it.

It also obscured my rear view and made the steering heavy.

I was negotiating a staggered crossroads, turning right then left, and as the traffic was busy decided to pull out and hope someone stopped.
This worked with some screeching of brakes, whereupon I trundled right and then eased into the very sharp left turn which was also on a hill.
(Resembled a Black Country street I know and fear.)

As I passed a taxi in the queue on my right, the bald and moustachio'd driver angrily leaned towards me to shout abuse. Before he could get a word in I bellowed FUUUCK OFFF! and continued on my way.

This may have been about my youngest commuting in the bad weather.

Just a quick one last night and the word "Peace".
Awoke to the words of the national anthem:" We are one but we are many and from all the lands on earth we come" Must have been with all the unrest on the news.

The dream last night wasn't particularly odd or anything (I was in a house in my dream-world and was cooking something while preparing for a guest to arrive), but sometimes I wake up with the oddest damned sing-songs stuck in my head. Typically, they're nonsensical, but this time it was blasting in my head in proper '80's pop-synth/rock style (including the reverb on the voices) and the chorus was very clear:

"Ecstasy (ecstasy!)
Is a sex disease (sex disease!)"

Repeat ad nauseum.

It was just so perfectly 1980's that I could even picture a music video or something, but to my knowledge, no such song exists.

Last night I dreamed I was standing on a station in Australia, watching a TV programme on big screens whilst waiting for a train. They were showing a film about a wildlife dam that had used to exist on a stretch of river. Lots of people wading across a weir, children playing etc, but we all knew that this no longer existed and the river was now just a concrete embankment. The train arrived, I opened the door (it had one of the old fashioned big brass handles that you had to turn), it opened just behind the driver's section. There was then some discussion as to whether or not we should get on.

Then I was at a house somewhere, with several other people. I needed the loo (yes, another one of 'those' dreams), but instead of a toilet, in this house they used something like a rattan armchair. So I went to the loo in this chair (no, it's all right, I didn't wet the bed, it must have been a purely metaphorical wee), only to realise that all the wee promptly ran straight through the wicker and onto the floor. So I found a cloth and some washing liquid of the sort used for clothes, and started washing the floor, reasoning that the laundry liquid would make everything smell nice. I then wondered why this chair was being used as a toilet because obviously everything was just going to fall through it!

I very rarely dream,and it’s unusual for me not to sleep soundly,actually had a dream last night that was disturbing.I had bought an expensive new coat and saw a group of people in a corn field,I dropped my coat near them on the ground and asked them to take care of it.shortly after I was back in the field and asked where my coat was,one lady picked it up and it was muddy so she threw it in a puddle ruining it.Suddenly I was beside her house burning it down,then I woke up and couldn’t get back to sleep for a while trying to work out why I had dreamt such a bizarre scenario.

What did I dream of last night? Wish I knew. Odds on it was better than what I actually experience during the average day.
Ah yes I know the feeling well:). Lately though I have been dreaming about my deceased friends, having long conversations with them. It still grates a touch when my mate Pete was about to reveal the answer to life the universe and everything when I was woken up violently by summat.

It's pretty vague now, but I dreamt that I was hiking through woods in an area I was familiar with (but either I don't remember where, or it was purely a dream location) when I unexpectedly came upon an overgrown railway goods yard, and thought "this is great!" and decided to explore. As I explored I came across a railway worker who explained that the railway was being restored as a heritage railway and I was free to look around. As I did so, I came across an abandoned village, and decided that one of the houses would be fine for me, and I went inside - it was a nice, modern house - but there were signs that I wasn't the first intruder. For some reason, I still decided to stay. After a while a very rough-looking gang of ruffians entered, saw that someone had been there and searched the place until they found me - there then followed a discussion about who exactly had the right to live there, and I graciously allowed them to cohabit, although relations soon soured, and they started hunting me through the woods, which were dotted with overgrown houses. The leader of the gang found me and was about to shoot me, when a woman in his gang knocked him unconscious and told me to run for it... it all goes extremely vague but I think she was shot by one of her companions, while I scarpered... Seems obvious now that the woman was loosely based on the Imperial officer working for the rebellion in the Star Wars series Obi Wan Kenobi, which I am in the middle of re-watching, as for the rest, I've no idea.

Last night I dreamed I was standing on a station in Australia, watching a TV programme on big screens whilst waiting for a train. They were showing a film about a wildlife dam that had used to exist on a stretch of river. Lots of people wading across a weir, children playing etc, but we all knew that this no longer existed and the river was now just a concrete embankment. The train arrived, I opened the door (it had one of the old fashioned big brass handles that you had to turn), it opened just behind the driver's section. There was then some discussion as to whether or not we should get on.

Then I was at a house somewhere, with several other people. I needed the loo (yes, another one of 'those' dreams), but instead of a toilet, in this house they used something like a rattan armchair. So I went to the loo in this chair (no, it's all right, I didn't wet the bed, it must have been a purely metaphorical wee), only to realise that all the wee promptly ran straight through the wicker and onto the floor. So I found a cloth and some washing liquid of the sort used for clothes, and started washing the floor, reasoning that the laundry liquid would make everything smell nice. I then wondered why this chair was being used as a toilet because obviously everything was just going to fall through it!
Very "Black Books".

There is a Mandela effect here as well, when I looked that clip up I could have sworn the dialogue was along the lines of:

Bernard Black: "How posey having a wicker toilet seat."
Hostess: "Oh, God! The laundry bin."

Being on early earlies I'm prone to sofa-napping after tea. This causes entertaining micro-dreams.

Last night I was sprinting in a prestigious Olympic-type event, going great guns, eye on the looming finishing tape, when I caught the sole of one trainer in a join of the green carpet we were running on and sliced it clean off. Did that trip-stagger-run thing, most disruptive. No medal for me.

Last night I dreamed I was standing beside a body of murky-looking fast-flowing water, very much like the floods we were being warned about. I was holding a CD or DVD in my left hand, just the disc, no case, and threw it in the water.

Someone said 'THAT'S gone then! You won't be getting THAT back!' to which I replied 'Nah, it'll float!'
I watched it bobbing about in the turbulent water, and then woke up.

Dunno what that's about. :thought:

Another strange one.

Climbing the last of a flight of stone stairs to the top of a hill that opened out only onto sky, feeling a great relief that I'd got there. For some reason this was repeated several times with slightly different contexts, as if I had to get this completely right.

And then a sequence where I was arguing with somebody about calculating the distance between two points: i got into detail about this, pointing out that the two points are effectively on the outside of a sphere, and therefore it's a case of working out the length of an arc of a circle.... in the dream I went into this in some detail and even got into the maths of it all. (segment of a circle, et c.) As far as can remember, the maths was accurately spot-on!

: i got into detail about this, pointing out that the two points are effectively on the outside of a sphere, and therefore it's a case of working out the length of an arc of a circle.... in the dream I went into this in some detail and even got into the maths of it all. (segment of a circle, et c.) As far as can remember, the maths was accurately spot-on!
I think that you work too hard in your dreams :)

I gave up maths after o-level; back in school I was in the fifth stream out of six, graded "stupid but saveable", the borderline cases who would end up doing O-level if they shaped up and GCSE if they didn't. I was lucky to have a really good teacher and aced the O-level. Thinking back: was I digging up memories there of one of those moments where Mr B's classroom delivery caused something to click, and maths suddenly made sense?

Dreamed I was visited by one of our old cats, Jeffrey, who was coal-black and female. Jeffrey was rescued by children form a wheelie bin and brought to me in the street, and she made a wonderful pet.

Sometimes she pops up in my dreams, as she did last night, and as always it was a pleasure. :loveu:

Also dreamed that I was sitting on a bus, as I do sometimes, chatting with a woman who seemed to know me. I couldn't remember her name but she seemed familiar.
As I was wondering who she was, another woman boarded the bus, sat down and joined the conversation. She called me by a family name which I dislike and told the first woman that this was my 'real' name.
Woke up feeling deep hatred and loathing for her. :chuckle:

If someone could parse this, I'd be grateful.

Dreamt I had a tree growing up from behind the top corner of my bed. This alarmed me, as it seemed to be covered in spiders. Leapt out of bed and realised I had another tree growing up my back- which seemed to rooted... er... "in a delicate place". Panicked, reached over my shoulder to pull tree out of bum, and felt the roots being pulled out from where they were attached deeply inside.

Managed to pull it out, looked in a mirror, only to realise I was 1984 'Do They Mean Us?' TV presenter Derek Jameson.

Woke up alarmed to say the least.

Back