• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Threadfinder General: Lost Threads Located

Can't help but I think that its a rather nice idea for a thread. :twothumbs:

Could it have become defunct over lockdown when nobody was really walking anywhere?

I recall I actually started it during lockdown, and I'm pretty sure it was still visible not that long ago.

Not finding it.

Anymore clues?

Not really. I'm pretty sure my title is more or less spot on. I've tried searching 'Camino', 'Galicia' and other search words based on things I know I mentioned, including a book title*. I fear it has left the path, and entered the mists.

*The Old Weird Albion - Justin Hopper

No, definitely not that one.

Definitely started in 2020. The first post was a description of an atmospherically odd and slightly disconcerting first day on the Camino de Santiago.

If it doesn't turn up, I might just start another one. I think I still have a copy of that original post.

I recall now also loading images of the Fjallraven rucksack I had added some molle patches to.

Come to think of it, maybe I was the only one who turned up!

No, definitely not that one.

Definitely started in 2020. The first post was a description of an atmospherically odd and slightly disconcerting first day on the Camino de Santiago.

If it doesn't turn up, I might just start another one. I think I still have a copy of that original post.

I recall now also loading images of the Fjallraven rucksack I had added some molle patches to.

Come to think of it, maybe I was the only one who turned up!

I'm adamant that it will not have been deleted.

Options:

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/on-the-road.62065/page-2#post-1763805

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/a-dartmoor-tale.66844/page-2#post-1927998

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/stacking-stones-pile-of-pebbles.70529/#post-2267291

No, found all those.

Some refer to the same trip - the Galician one - but none are the particular thread.

(And I'd forgotten about the cows - still think that's probably the best theme park in the world.)

I recall I actually started it during lockdown, and I'm pretty sure it was still visible not that long ago.

Not really. I'm pretty sure my title is more or less spot on. I've tried searching 'Camino', 'Galicia' and other search words based on things I know I mentioned, including a book title*. I fear it has left the path, and entered the mists.

*The Old Weird Albion - Justin Hopper

Your thread is not visible to me - FMB lists no threads created by your good self between late 2019 and late 2021.

Your thread is not visible to me - FMB lists no threads created by your good self between late 2019 and late 2021.

Well, that's very odd. I don't start many, but I certainly did during that period

There's also a Fortean Country Walks thread - but it's not that one either. In fact, I'm positive I recall thinking they would duplicate each other, and wondered about suggesting a merge.

Actually, I do still have the Word document that became the original message - dated 05/04/2020, which is likely to be when I finished and then posted it.

Below are some images that I know were on that thread, I'm posting just to see if they jog anyone's memory (or maybe this whole thing is a memory implantation experiment):

Horse house.jpg
20200424_121911.jpg
IMG_1934a.jpg
Witch1.jpg
20200906_095920.jpg

The last may jog the memory of @maximus otter - as it inspired a minor conversation on the difference between PALS and MOLLE.

(Erm...you probably had to be there.)

I'm sure I remember it, a thread about long-distance walking trails. I've a horrible feeling that I was the last one to post to it which would make me the threadkiller. I can't see it in my history of threads I've posted to but that's happened with other threads too

I'm at a loss.

We simply don't permanently delete anything except technical errors and spam.

Everything else is either intact in a storage sub-forum visible to mods or where it was posted but 'hidden' from view (which I can still see).

But I still can't find it.

There is plenty of 'gear talk' about the brands you mention on the fashion fads thread (possibly split off by @EnolaGaia, but there's no sign of those images.

I'm off to bed, but I'll search by uploaded attachments tomorrow.

Apologies if we've messed up somehow.

I'm sure I remember it, a thread about long-distance walking trails. I've a horrible feeling that I was the last one to post to it which would make me the threadkiller. I can't see it in my history of threads I've posted to but that's happened with other threads too

Quite possibly. I distinctly remember that my original idea was that it would be about walking in general, with no specific Fortean element necessary (but obviously more than welcome if available).

It's not a problem at all - I mean, I'm not that proprietorial, and it's not like we're The British Library or anything.

To be honest, if it doesn't turn up - I'm quite looking forward to starting it again.
Are you sure that it was this forum, Spook? I've quite often found myself searching for things that interested me on here only to find that I actually read it on Mumsnet, or somewhere else.

As Yithian said its not visible in the hidden parts as far as I can see either.

Actually, I do still have the Word document that became the original message - dated 05/04/2020, which is likely to be when I finished and then posted it.

Below are some images that I know were on that thread, I'm posting just to see if they jog anyone's memory (or maybe this whole thing is a memory implantation experiment):

View attachment 69540View attachment 69541View attachment 69542View attachment 69543View attachment 69544

The last may jog the memory of @maximus otter - as it inspired a minor conversation on the difference between PALS and MOLLE.

Here are your postings around that date.

Screenshot_20230911_204109_Samsung Internet.jpg

A look around seems not to sure anything likely either.

And I've searched every image attachment you have uploaded and those you put on this thread do not feature elsewhere.

The posts do not exist—for reasons unknown.

And I've searched every image attachment you have uploaded and those you put on this thread do not feature elsewhere.

The posts do not exist—for reasons unknown.

Ah, well - thanks for looking. I'd also already checked my postings history, and there was nothing there.

I know everyone is now smiling indulgently, while surreptitiously tapping the side of their head and mouthing 'Oh, bless; he's at a difficult age.' But I definitely haven't imagined it.

I'd started it as a general - rather than a Fortean - walking thread (in the same way that we have a general cycling thread), but we have similar Fortean based ones (one which appeared after the fact) so maybe it's not worth it. The big post about my experience on the Camino - which was the first or second on the mystery thread, has some weirdness involved, so I might just post it up again on one of the other threads - if only to see if it triggers any memories.

Ah, well - thanks for looking. I'd also already checked my postings history, and there was nothing there.

I know everyone is now smiling indulgently, while surreptitiously tapping the side of their head and mouthing 'Oh, bless; he's at a difficult age.' But I definitely haven't imagined it.

I'd started it as a general - rather than a Fortean - walking thread (in the same way that we have a general cycling thread), but we have similar Fortean based ones (one which appeared after the fact) so maybe it's not worth it. The big post about my experience on the Camino - which was the first or second on the mystery thread, has some weirdness involved, so I might just post it up again on one of the other threads - if only to see if it triggers any memories.
Perhaps it is JOTT. Maybe you slipped into a parallel universe. Or did you dream it? Not having you on, Spook. I have sometimes had dreams that I really have had to think about what is reality, as I have to question if something has happened - usually a simple conversation that I didn't have, but dreamt. And the only thing that has helped me to realize it was a dream was a very small detail that didn't fit the person's character.

Perhaps it is JOTT. Maybe you slipped into a parallel universe. Or did you dream it? Not having you on, Spook. I have sometimes had dreams that I really have had to think about what is reality, as I have to question if something has happened - usually a simple conversation that I didn't have, but dreamt. And the only thing that has helped me to realize it was a dream was a very small detail that didn't fit the person's character.

I await with baited breath @maximus otter's response to my post #580. My last and only hope!

...The last may jog the memory of @maximus otter - as it inspired a minor conversation on the difference between PALS and MOLLE.

Please, a thread for misleading news report photos?

I'm looking for the thread/posts about the hikers in California that died (parents, baby and dog)

I'm sure I made a post or thread about Andrew WK (rock musician), but I can't find it using site search or google. There's a whole conspiracy theory that he's an invented persona and 'doesn't exist'

Back