• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Threadfinder General: Lost Threads Located

I think I might be losing my mind.
I'm sure we had a thread titled "Dreams: What did you dream of last night"?
Or if not titled as that, something very very close to it.
And it had only been added to within the last week or so, I'm sure I saw at least a couple of quite long and detailed posts about what people had dreamt of.
Anyhoo............I had a search and couldn't find it in 'thread titles only' using 'Dreams' as the search term.
So then I tried 'Dream', then 'Dreaming', then 'Dreamt'.

Other threads were appearing but all of them were older, and had titles that were nothing like what I was looking for.
What's going on?
Did I in fact dream that there was a thread titled such?

And it had only been added to within the last week or so, I'm sure I saw at least a couple of quite long and detailed posts about what people had dreamt of.
Anyhoo............I had a search and couldn't find it in 'thread titles only' using 'Dreams' as the search term.

Other threads were appearing but all of them were older, and had titles that were nothing like what I was looking for.
What's going on?

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/what-did-you-dream-of-last-night.59497

Thanks Yith. I can't fathom why it didn't appear in any of my multiple searches.

"DREAM", "NIGHT", Search Thread Titles Only > First result.

Strange. Now I just repeated my original search in 'titles only' using just 'dream' it has appeared as 16th on the list.
I can only think of 3 reasons I couldn't find it before.
I spelt 'dream' wrong.
I didn't see it in the list of results.
It didn't appear in the list of results for some kind of 'computer says no' reason.

But of course you do have to temper this with the fact that I am an idiot.

What's going on?
I can put THE EXACT phrasing in and it often still doesn't work.

Was there once a white dog poo thread?

I put those words in the search and nothing came up.

I saw some white dog poo recently and thought I'd better report it.

I see we have a thread about animals being arrested, tried, executed, etc. Do we have one for cases where the defendant is an inanimate object?

I see we have a thread about animals being arrested, tried, executed, etc. Do we have one for cases where the defendant is an inanimate object?

As far as I know, there's no separate thread dedicated to inanimate objects as defendants. I want to say I've seen an occasional post over the years in which an inanimate object was ceremonially sanctioned or destroyed as a sort of redress for criminal action.

The topically closest thread we have would be:

Can Machines & Inanimate Objects Be Evil?
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/can-machines-inanimate-objects-be-evil.15405/

It is useful when we can get some idea about our resources - trust, reliability, transparency. Every so often someone suggests that academia is inherently fraudulent, self interested and capable of burying The Truth.

It would, I think, be useful to offer a view on how scandals are found and dealt with, how the individuals, institutions and systems do or don't stand up to scrutiny. What isthe best thread? Do we have a When Academics Go Bad thread?

Adding to the above: I'm not comfortable with it being in Scanms, Cons and Grifters. The situation is still debelopoing and an official enquiry is underway. We don't know what the whole picture is. I need a home for it that is about process, at least until the corpulent female has given voice!

Will attend to this all tomorrow.

On my way to bed—long day.

giphy.gif

Sigh! I've lost the thread for pictures where you can't work out what is happeneing... help please? :headbang:

Is is 'Photos you have to look hard at' or summat?

That's the badger! But I can't find it. Must be using every combination of words except the right one. At l;east now I know it was a folie a deux!

The secret is to pick one highly apposite word and be sure to tick 'search titles only'.
I use the Rynner method when our search engine is being crap (which is often). He hated Google but this works with Google as well: .. just go to Google, write Forteana forums thread finder general or forgotten history or whatever the thread title was you remember was, click search and 9 times out of 10, you'll be given the correct direct link to click on.

Last edited:
I use the Rynner method when our search engine is being crap (which is often). He hated Google but this works with Google as well: .. just go to Google, write Forteana forums thread finder general or forgotten history or whatever the thread title was you remember was, click search and 9 times out of 10, you'll be given the correct direct link to click on.
Yep. I do that too. It's often the only way.

somewhere to post an interesting place name?

Are there any experience type threads about feelings of being overwhelmed by nature/encounters with Pan?

Back