• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Threadfinder General: Lost Threads Located

What's the one to do with something like 'things that only happen in film/movies'. Nothing coming up on the 'search forums' for me.

How about a thread that documents our "senior moments" of forgetfulness, etc.?

Didn’t we have a thread on deliberately boobytrapped playgrounds/kids’ play areas?

l’ve searched under various appropriate key words, but to no avail.

maximus otter

Didn’t we have a thread on deliberately boobytrapped playgrounds/kids’ play areas?
l’ve searched under various appropriate key words, but to no avail.

No - there was no thread specifically focused on boobytrapped play areas.

Allegations or stories about such boobytrapping are found in multiple places such as:

- A number of threads in the UL section discussing rumors (rather than specific incidents)
- A thread in Human Condition about alleged poisons applied to playground equipment

Both rumors and incidents have been posted in:

- A variety of other threads (Strange Crimes; WTF; Silly Mistakes; etc.)

Specific incidents have also been posted in the "Dangerous Play" thread (general thread on injuries / deaths caused in play / recreational areas)

I'm not sure about dedicated threads, but there are a couple of mentions elsewhere: the dangerous playgrounds thread, and the modern UL thread.

No - there was no thread specifically focused on boobytrapped play areas.

Allegations or stories about such boobytrapping are found in multiple places such as:

- A number of threads in the UL section discussing rumors (rather than specific incidents)
- A thread in Human Condition about alleged poisons applied to playground equipment

Both rumors and incidents have been posted in:

- A variety of other threads (Strange Crimes; WTF; Silly Mistakes; etc.)

Specific incidents have also been posted in the "Dangerous Play" thread (general thread on injuries / deaths caused in play / recreational areas)

Thanks, gents.

maximus otter

Edited to add: Now l can’t find the news item l wanted to post…

:mad:

Edited again: Found it! The mention of the word “nails” in an Internet search swamps the searcher with pish about acrylic fashion accessories for the aesthetically-challenged…

m.o.

Last edited:
I know I started a thread about microsoft windows 11. I looked through all of my content and could not find it. Search says it does not exist. Can someone help me find it?

In my moment of frustration, I forgot my manors. My sincerest apologies to all. Could someone please help me find the thread that I started about windows not being compatible with windows 11 without certain software capabilities. Please?

Just for the record, Yithian, I would have accepted that you had removed the thread and still have thanked you. :)

A cursory search seems to indicate that we don't have any threads on "skyquakes" or "sky quakes" for that matter. We must have one somewhere, right? Nothing comes up, but I think I just experienced one.

Mystery Booms From The Sky (Skyquakes)
Alright, thanks for the link.

...I searched "Skyquakes" without the quotes last night (titles only) and Search couldn't find anything. I just searched that exact thing this morning after seeing your response and there were four results. I just don't get it. I would assume Search was working, as I didn't get an error proper, just no results.

Alright, thanks for the link.

...I searched "Skyquakes" without the quotes last night (titles only) and Search couldn't find anything. I just searched that exact thing this morning after seeing your response and there were four results. I just don't get it. I would assume Search was working, as I didn't get an error proper, just no results.

For the record - No, I didn't modify any titles or tags to screw with your mind ... :evillaugh:

The search engine doesn't consistently associate simple singular / plural versions of the same search term.

My guess is that you entered "skyquake" (singular) in a titles-only search. This returns no results.

The search engine doesn't consistently associate simple singular / plural versions of the same search term.

My guess is that you entered "skyquake" (singular) in a titles-only search. This returns no results.

I tried a number of permutations, but you're probably right. In fact, this might be my single biggest problem using the Search Function on this site, because that's exactly the opposite of what I'd expect.

When I search for something online in general, I tend to avoid modifiers (plurals, past tense, etc.) automatically because searching for the base term is going to get me results that include modifiers as well as just the base term. Except here.

Sometimes entering the (simple; without 's') singular form gets hits on the singular form and hits on the plurals as well. Sometimes not.

@EnolaGaia yeah, that's the frustrating thing. It's all random and nothing makes sense. Like the seasons in Wisconsin. :D

I think a lot of the reason for different outcomes results from differences in the ways the content and search databases were coded in past incarnations of the forum (and its software platform). In other words, some things don't show up in searches because they aren't (or aren't any longer) indexed so the search engine can find them.

Do we have a thread (probably in Chat) for amusing stories about ourselves? I'm thinking non-Fortean IHTM, the kind of stories Kramer sold to Peterman on Seinfeld. I have a couple I've made references to on the forums and would like to share the details with my many fans who are itching with curiosity. :)

Both of these stories involve what you might call colorful local characters, so a thread on that would do as well.

There are lots of personal stories posted here, but not many threads dedicated to posting them. There are a few threads that easily accommodate stories about oneself (as opposed to others), but most are defined by topic - such as:

Funny And/Or Weird Happenings Whilst Drunk (Stoned; Tripping; Etc.)
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...nings-whilst-drunk-stoned-tripping-etc.65660/

One of the few threads that invites first-person accounts of funny incidents is:

What's The Funniest Thing You've Ever Seen?
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/whats-the-funniest-thing-youve-ever-seen.63030/

Hmm...

I guess I could start a new thread, but my stories might fit that second one, if I may be allowed two funniest things.

There's no problem either way (starting a general thread on first-person funny stories; posting two times in the "Funniest ... Seen" thread).

Do we have a thread (probably in Chat) for amusing stories about ourselves? I'm thinking non-Fortean IHTM, the kind of stories Kramer sold to Peterman on Seinfeld. I have a couple I've made references to on the forums and would like to share the details with my many fans who are itching with curiosity. :)

Both of these stories involve what you might call colorful local characters, so a thread on that would do as well.
I'd love to read those ChasFink :) .. crack your knuckles and please start writing.

Back