• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Reverend Dr Donald Omand exorsicing the Loch Ness Monster on Nationwide in 1973. That's F.W Holliday, author of The Dragon and The Disc with him.
This has echoes of St Columba's encounter with the LNM.
From Wikipedia:
There are also many stories of miracles which he performed during his work to convert the Picts, the most famous being his encounter with an unidentified animal that some have equated with the Loch Ness Monster in 565. It is said that he banished a ferocious "water beast" to the depths of the River Ness after it had killed a Pict and then tried to attack Columba's disciple, Lugne.

Some historic Nessie sightings:

"It was a while back that I got my first view of some original sighting reports from the Loch Ness Investigation Bureau which existed from 1962 to 1972. I don't recall if I was looking at an original or a photocopy, but certainly the contents were genuine enough. I was looking at two eyewitness testimonies to the same event of the 13th October 1971 which was of the double hump type, one of the most common genres amongst Loch Ness Monster testimonies. The eyewitnesses were two police officers, Inspector Henry Henderson and Sergeant George Mackenzie."

http://lochnessmystery.blogspot.com/2023/12/tim-dinsdale-and-two-original-lnib.html

Reverend Dr Donald Omand exorsicing the Loch Ness Monster on Nationwide in 1973. That's F.W Holliday, author of The Dragon and The Disc with him.
Worth watching just to hear, the expression, "Dr Omand, his canonicals fanned by the breeze..."

An interesting assertion by the narrator that the monster has been causing mischief for a million years.

I wonder what makes a recently retired west country vicar decide that he is the one to travel to Scotland and carry out this exorcism in front of the TV cameras. Surely not attention seeking disorder?

Nessie: "Y'know - I and my kind I've lived here for centuries, perhaps before humans walked upright. But, hearing you yell at me in a strange series of grunts and splutterings, I'll go away then."

Worth watching just to hear, the expression, "Dr Omand, his canonicals fanned by the breeze..."

An interesting assertion by the narrator that the monster has been causing mischief for a million years.

I wonder what makes a recently retired west country vicar decide that he is the one to travel to Scotland and carry out this exorcism in front of the TV cameras. Surely not attention seeking disorder?
He had become convinced that the LNM was an evil dragon. He wend on to tackle a Swedish lake monster. Both are still seen so his rituals failed. There is a very interesting book called Devil Hunter by Marc Alexander about him.

The MacLennan Land Sighting​

"It is back to classic sightings of the Loch Ness Monster and a report of a large creature seen on land in that seminal first year of Nessie reports 91 years ago. The date was the 6th August 1933 and two days before, the local Inverness Courier newspaper had published a letter from a George Spicer about a similar sensational incident. However, this account would not see the light of day for some time afterwards."

http://lochnessmystery.blogspot.com/2024/02/the-maclennan-land-sighting.html

3:40 is pretty interesting.
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 09.31.11.jpg

That is intriguing...

$_57.jpeg

Those definitely look like nostrils and this crocodile head is what I think I am seeing and you can buy these to put in your garden pond. No way a reptile could be living in Loch Ness, so is this pareidolia, footage taken elsewhere or a croc head and fake body being towed by an unseen boat?

"Initially thinking that she had only saved 15 photos from the event, Kelly was amazed to find that there were another 56 pictures that wound up not being fully deleted."

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/arti...c-photos-of-mysterious-creature-in-loch-ness/

The more I look at this composite dozens of of still photos the more I think the Loch Ness background has been added at a later date to wherever the river/lake/loch/seawater was.

"Initially thinking that she had only saved 15 photos from the event, Kelly was amazed to find that there were another 56 pictures that wound up not being fully deleted."

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/arti...c-photos-of-mysterious-creature-in-loch-ness/

The more I look at this composite dozens of of still photos the more I think the Loch Ness background has been added at a later date to wherever the river/lake/loch/seawater was.
Perhaps there is a good reason why, but the background remains at the same angle to the 'frame' of the images as she snapped away with a hand-held camera. Then there is the whole back story about holding onto the photos for "fear of ridicule" and yet now she appears to be courting publicity and also just happens to be a freelance journalist...?! How typical that the best series of photos of 'something' in Loch Ness would be less than straightforward...

Back