• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. E

Genuine Mediums and the like

How would you know what my world view is? Did a clairvoyant tell you? I am actually one of those people who WANTS to believe there's something after life, USED TO believe, but the older I get the more I believe that this right here is all we get.
  2. E

Sorry, I thought that was the Fortean Times message board, not the Let's Accept Everything Without Question message board. ETA: My opinion of mediums/fortune tellers was formed by years of watching my mum spend her hard-earned on them.
  3. E

Possibly because she'd already spent some time with you all and spoken to several of your friends individually before you. She would have been able to glean quite a lot of information from that. According to the earlier paragraph there were 4 different spreads between the XYZ bit and the...
  4. E

You needed a new house. If the cards had predicted "nope, it's not going to happen" would you have stopped looking for one? You'd have eventually found a house to suit your needs whatever the cards said.
  5. E

Arachnophobia

Tegenaria Gigantea living up to its name... The red lines on the left are where the mortar lines in the brickwork are, for easy working out of size.[/img]
  6. E

Great Acts Of Stupidity

The thing about the train driver... there seems to be absolutely no hint of movement in the photos... almost as if the train was stationary whilst waiting for the track ahead to become clear or a signal to change...
  7. E

Torchwood: Dr Who Spin-Off With Captain Jack

I'm just shocked that they managed to get through a whole episode with no nudity or shagging!
  8. E

Panic at the bakery

Same here. I also have kids. It could easily have been me. I also have recently started going out again after nearly a year of agoraphobia. 50% of the times I go in to a shop I abandon my shopping and run out again because of the feeling that something is very wrong. I come home and...
  9. E

Panic at the bakery

"fat person leaves pie shop without buying anything!" Yes, that really deserves a thread of its own. PS, yes I AM fat, which is probably why I picked on that one word. And by mentioning it at all you did, in fact, make a point.
  10. E

Panic at the bakery

Was there any reason you made the point that the woman was obese? Was that relevant? Why didn't you tell us what colour she was as well?
  11. E

The Thread Of Sherlock Holmes

. Oh, I don't know. Had it been a pure GR film I most likely wouldn't have bothered even downloading it, let alone paying money to see it. As it was a SH film, though, I was queueing up to hand my pennies over yesterday and it was worth every one of them. Might possibly even go to see it again.
  12. E

Ghost Bikes (Memorials to Cyclists Killed) - Have You Seen One?

There was one for ages at the roundabout where the A102 crosses the A206, but I noticed today that it's gone (although the assorted dead flowers, tatty teddies and other stuff are still there). http://www.thegreenwichphantom.co.uk/20 ... -bike.html
  13. E

Fortean Headlines

Octopus snatches coconut and runs Fascinating article and video here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8408233.stm Probably deserves to go in one of the animal threads.
  14. E

Aztecs: Culture, History & Discoveries

Sounds like the noise the foxes make when they're shagging in the bushes down the end of my garden.
  15. E

Mitchell and Webb

"PETRIL"
  16. E

Crop Circles

There's a giant jellyfish down by Wayland's Smithy... http://www.cropcircleconnector.com/2009 ... y2009.html
  17. E

The Drugs Don't Work? Wild Behaviour In The Grip Of Narcotics

I think it would be pretty much impossible to write anything while under the influence of Salvia. I wonder if they considered the possibility that he wasn't under the influence of anything when he did what he did?
  18. E

EVP via my speakers

I managed to email a copy of my odd noises to a friend who's cleaned them up and put them online. I don't want to say what I think is being said, or what he or anyone else who's heard it thinks is being said, or how many voices anyone seems to think are in there. I'd like unbiased opinions...
  19. E

EVP via my speakers

That was the first thing I checked for. Edit: Well, not that particular ad, but any of them that might have been producing sound.
  20. E

EVP via my speakers

I was watching some youtube vids tonight and when the last one finished there were some odd whispering voices looping through my speakers. One seemed to be saying "did you (hear/see)... [something I can't make out]" and "look at my [something I can't make out]", and the other, which seemed to...
  21. E

Dangerous alcopops (mixing, fermenting)

Yes. Frequently.
  22. E

Travis Louie: An Artist Whose Work Is So Fortean It Hurts

The link works fine from here, thanks for passing it on. Those pictures are amazing! I've never heard of him before either, but will be keeping an eye out for his name in future.
  23. E

Possessed fetal doppler machine

Why would you need one of these for use at home? Are you sure it's completely safe for regular use? I only ask because in the past I've had ultrasound treatment to reduce scar tissue on a tendon. It actually changes the makeup of the tissue. Obviously these monitors work at a different...
  24. E

Ghost Rats?

A few years ago I had a lovely rat called Izzy. Her favourite place to hang out was on one of the shelves in the corner of the living room, and she used to love the cabbage and gravy that came with my favourite dish from the Chinese Takeaway, although the smell of it always made her sneeze...
  25. E

Communing With Spiders

As they both came out of it alive, I think they were making the beast with 16 legs :wink: Edit: Tho that usually ends with just the one alive when spiders are concerned, doesn't it? I'm confused now. Need more research I think...
  26. E

Snakes On A Plane

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Silly, gory, funny... just switch your brain off and enjoy it :D (I agree about the snake-o-vision thing.)
  27. E

Communing With Spiders

by wafting many strands of web down on to it from above until it was too gummed up to struggle violently, then dropping down and wrapping it up properly during a series of advances and retreats. Having now read that and done a bit of research I think it may be pholcids that I have in my...
  28. E

A Scanner Darkly - the film

Even if you're not on any substances, they managed to make it look as if you were watching it whilst slightly stoned. Well, me anyway. There were weird shifting perspective bits, and bits where it looked like things were floating above the background, and little bits where it looked like it was...
  29. E

Communing With Spiders

Don't move it on - those spindly ones' favourite food is the big brown house spider. I watched a fight between one of each in our back room once. It didn't last long, and spindly ended up with a meal that lasted a week.
  30. E

Oh Lordi! Death Metal Eurovision Fins

I really like Lordi, and have got tickets for their Halloween gig in London. Should be a laugh :lol:
  31. E

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

That was one of the best books I've ever read. I hope they don't spoil it.
  32. E

FT At Work—Yes Or No?

I suppose you could leave copies of the 10 commandments laying about the place in prominent positions, with the one about not stealing highlighted in bright colours...
  33. E

Healthy Sex

I'd be quite concerned if my children were being advised to use cling film as a preventative measure.
  34. E

Mobile Phone Tracking

Didn't they try to cook an egg with 100 mobile phones on Brainiac or something similar once? IIRC it didn't work.
  35. E

Razor Blades In Baby Food

Granted, there's not an awful lot online about it but it DID happen and it affected me directly and I remember it clearly. It was not told to me by a friend, or a friend of a friend. I personally watched the news broadcasts. I personally checked the seals on jars of baby food. Why would I...
  36. E

Razor Blades In Baby Food

I remember the razor blades in baby food scare. My memory is notoriously crap, but I did have a baby at the time which is why it stuck in my mind. I'm thinking it would have been 88/89. Somebody trying to extort money from a bank, IIRC. Anyway, that scare's the main reason why all jars of...
  37. E

Piercings

Sub Clavicle piercing. http://www.bmezine.com/news/presenttense/20050420.html
  38. E

http://www.imageshack.us do free image hosting.
  39. E

FT205

Don't waste your money on an Omax - they're uncomfortable, noisy, don't live up to their claims and you can get something from Anne Summers for a third of the price that'll do the job twice as well. Or so I'm told, anyway. Ahem...
  40. E

Dangerous Roads

I once 'spun' a car while exiting a roundabout, bounced off a wall and ended up on the central reservation. When I flagged down a passing police car to come and rescue me the driver said he'd done exactly the same thing in exactly the same spot before, and so had several of his colleagues. I...
  41. E

Free Magic Mushrooms—In a Garden Near YOU!

The little nipply ones you mention are Psilocybe Semilanceata, commonly known as Liberty Caps - a native species that grows in open grassland. The bark-chippy ones (as above) are Psilocybe Cyanescens, a non-native species that's taken hold due to spores and hyphae being present in imported...
  42. E

Free Magic Mushrooms—In a Garden Near YOU!

Until October, when I found a nice little crop of them not 10 yards away from my accommodation at one of Mr Butlin's holiday establishments. I got pulled up by Security for laying in the flowerbed to photograph them :oops:
  43. E

the incredible falling eel

Eels can live for an incredibly long time out of water. They also travel overland. I also think dropped by a bird is most likely.
  44. E

Testing my psychic abilities (or lack of)

I don't think the new pages have gone past 5 since I've been coming here, even when I've left it a couple of days between logins, and I usually log in at least once every 24 hours. What I've been doing is coming to the main message board index, hovering my mouse over the new posts link...
  45. E

Bizarre Auctions

Life Size Replica of Stonehenge
  46. E

Testing my psychic abilities (or lack of)

Guess 107 - Actual 104
Back