• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Cavynaut

Schrödinger's Thermometer: New Uncertainty Principle

I do try to follow this kind of stuff as best I can, but I might have got hold of the wrong end of the stick here...does this new uncertainty have implications for entropy? Anybody?
  2. Cavynaut

Novichok In Salisbury: Secret Agents & Nerve Agents In Britain

Spies caught spying eh? The sneaky bastards.
  3. Cavynaut

The Wilsthorpe Incident

I first read of it in "Truth Proof" by Paul Sinclair. I'm not trying to plug the book, I have no connection with the bloke, but it does document some very puzzling stuff about Flamborough and Bridlington. There appears to be quite a bit of independent evidence of increased military activity in...
  4. Cavynaut

The Wilsthorpe Incident

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/854745/UFO-aliens-Wilsthorp-Incident-40-UFOs-RAF I hope that the link works, posting from a Kindle Fire and it's not the easiest of things to use. Anyway, I thought I'd mention this incident on here as I don't recall seeing it mentioned previously. Whatever...
  5. Cavynaut

Copiapó (Chile) Flying Creature Sighting (1868)

Bulging/ glowing red eyes eh? That's something of a constant for cryptids.
  6. Cavynaut

Yes, it's almost as if we're told just enough to get us thinking in a preferred fashion. Isn't it called Nudge Theory or something?
  7. Cavynaut

Salisbury is to Russians as Eastbourne is to retired colonels. God's waiting room.
  8. Cavynaut

"The symptoms of Novichok poisoning and certain types of narcotic abuse are very similar" Interesting.
  9. Cavynaut

Protocols, Plans & Preparations For Human-Alien Contact

Do we just mean aliens as in "they come from outer space" or are we also considering the possibility that such beings might be trans dimensional?
  10. Cavynaut

I can just imagine the first take: Mr Petrov (wearing a Beatle wig), "Yes, thoroughly enjoy trip to world famous Salisbury cathedral. Many, many people wearing bowler hats and traditional English Bobby internal security men on bicycles. And nannies flying with umbrella. Carnaby Street yes!"
  11. Cavynaut

Outer Limits Magazine: UFO Conference 2018 In Hull

Thanks for that EG. I've just read one of the books that the OP mentioned. I didn't realise that the phenomenon was still being seen. Maybe I should think about spending a few days in Brid next summer. :)
  12. Cavynaut

Outer Limits Magazine: UFO Conference 2018 In Hull

I'm almost certain that we had a thread on here about ten years ago which dealt with lights in the sky over Bridlington and Flamborough. Anyone else remember it?
  13. Cavynaut

Weird Bus Stop Encounter

Why would anyone try to get from the Borders to Donny via Carlisle?
  14. Cavynaut

Kenneth Arnold's 1947 UFO Sighting

Most of that stuff seems to be related to flying saucers though. Is there any evidence that KA was interested in the paranormal, out of place animals or any of the other topics that usually fall under the description of forteana?
  15. Cavynaut

Is Fake News & Viral Social Media Subverting Democracy In The UK?

You've worth your weight in gold Stu. Seriously! :)
  16. Cavynaut

Is Fake News & Viral Social Media Subverting Democracy In The UK?

Seems to me that the only thing remotely "democratic" about our present system is that each vote carries the same weight. Whichever form of media the voter takes his or her information from doesn't change that simple fact. It should be up to the individual to make a decision based on facts...
  17. Cavynaut

At a rough guess I'd say that the reliability of his memory will have a direct correlation to how useful his recall is to the official narrative.
  18. Cavynaut

"Paper (Bag)" UFOs

Oddly enough I saw something very similar last night at about 8:30. Three objects, two of them very close together and the third one above them. Travelling from north to south and very high up. At first I thought that they were hangliders, but I was unable to see any pilots hanging beneath...
  19. Cavynaut

The Abolition Of Cash

Yeah, probably just trying to be helpful. Plus, the worker would most likely have got a bollocking had a manager noticed that a queue was building up and no attempt had been made to reduce it. I find it funny that contactless payment gets pushed as being quicker. What do people do with the few...
  20. Cavynaut

How do you come to that conclusion?
  21. Cavynaut

Not exclusively we don't. That razor you like so much could equally point to a Russian criminal gang hit for example.
  22. Cavynaut

But not necessarily agents of the Russian government.
  23. Cavynaut

Probably the most inept political assassination in recent history. I reckon the Russians must have outsourced the gig to G4S.
  24. Cavynaut

Found a couple of days ago according to the BBC at six o'clock.
  25. Cavynaut

Not quick then? The startling thing about this entire episode is how it dropped off the radar once the propaganda value began to fade. I mean come on, we apparently have at least one rogue Russian wandering around with a potentially lethal nerve agent, but no updates on how the search for the...
  26. Cavynaut

Confirmed already? Blimey, that was quick.
  27. Cavynaut

Not As Environmentally Friendly As Promised

I thought that the point was that burning fossil fuels led to an increase in CO2 which led to an increase in overall temperature. That rise in temperature then leads to the release of methane which has been previously trapped beneath permafrost or beneath ocean sediments. And methane, as has...
  28. Cavynaut

Not As Environmentally Friendly As Promised

It might however be best practice to ask climate scientists about climate science. Rather than say...astrophysicists? After all, if you need heart surgery you generally go see a heart consultant, not a garage mechanic, even though the consultant has a vested interest in giving you the heart...
  29. Cavynaut

Ukrainian Security Forces Fake Assassination Of Putin Critic

Lavrov caught telling the truth shock. Or, to put it another way, don't believe a fucking thing without questioning it first.
  30. Cavynaut

The message being "We're crap at our job"?
  31. Cavynaut

UFO Songs & Music Videos

Have You Seen the Saucers? - Jefferson Airplane.
  32. Cavynaut

Worst. Lethal. Nerve. Agent. Ever.
  33. Cavynaut

Syria: Massacres, False Flags, Backroom Diplomacy & Endtimers

You sure can't beat that old Fortean open mindedness and love of debate can you?
  34. Cavynaut

Absolutely. Prince Windrush isn't even a week old yet. You'd think they would have exhausted the story by now.
  35. Cavynaut

Anyone seen anything in the media about this case in the last few days? Has Mr Skripal left hospital yet? Seems to me that the story has either achieved whatever was intended, or the media has lost interest en masse. Then again...D Notice?
  36. Cavynaut

I'm hearing via social media that Robert Fisk has arrived in Douma. Apparently he is tweeting that the whole gas attack story is down to film of children choking on dust and smoke. Someone then panicked and began shouting about a gas attack. I am clueless about Twitter; can anyone confirm or...
  37. Cavynaut

Slightly off topic but I used to work with a group of Bosnian refugees. Yugoslavia was a multi ethnic state held together by a strong leader, similar in some respect to Assad. I once asked them what they thought of Tito and was slightly surprised when they all expressed their admiration for him...
  38. Cavynaut

Trump took action last year. Why did that not stop Assad?
  39. Cavynaut

The Graffiti & Street Art Thread

I read it, quite enjoyed it. :) Graffiti? Well, I've got a "Dead Bod" t-shirt and there was once a brilliant message painted along a wall just off Holderness Road here in Hull. I can't recall it word for word but it was something like "The choices I made are the reason that I am where I am". In...
  40. Cavynaut

Yeah, that's a fair enough point I reckon. Although seeing 'things' as in a hallucinogenic experience is not quite the same as having your eyesight disrupted as the article seems to indicate.
  41. Cavynaut

Just throwing this into the mix here, but I'm sure I've read somewhere that when first found, Mr Skripal was waving his arms around and pointing at the sky. Not the first thing one would be doing if one's breathing impulse was being disrupted.
  42. Cavynaut

Apparently a Swiss laboratory has identified the agent used in the attempted assassination as BZ, a nerve agent produced by NATO. Apologies for not being able to post a link, but typing "Skripal poisoning BZ" into your search engine of choice should bring something up.
  43. Cavynaut

Dunno if I'm reading the above article wrong, but the heading doesn't really describe the text. All the text seems to say to me is that there were rumours that the rebels were planning to instigate a false flag attack. The title seems to say that the Russians timed it wrong and managed to call...
  44. Cavynaut

This is probably just rumour, but I am hearing that Al Mayadeen TV are reporting that Russian Special Forces have captured British servicemen in Douma. Anyone else heard anything?
  45. Cavynaut

Dangerously close to politics but... That Trump tweet eh? On the upside, I've discovered that Hard Rains Gonna Fall sounds pretty good when played on the mandolin. Duck and cover!
  46. Cavynaut

How about hanging around until you see a barrel bomb detonate, then slope in and release a few canisters of chemicals? Bob's your uncle, or Trump's your saviour, instant media coverage. Always assuming that chemicals were used at all of course. There is no independent evidence so far. Only...
  47. Cavynaut

But why would he do it? The war is almost won. Inviting a western response will only prolong the conflict.
  48. Cavynaut

Yep, quite right. Plus a group of jihadist rebels were reportedly caught around three or four years ago with canisters of sarin. I think the rebels have form in this...they are the ones who gain from this "attack", not Assad. Have a look at Simon Tisdall in the Garudian. Warmongering at its finest.
  49. Cavynaut

It really is odd isn't it? BBC Six O'clock News say that they have footage of bodies with foam on their faces but refuse to transmit them. Is their any indication yet of the identity of the perpetrators?
  50. Cavynaut

Has any indication been given as to exactly when the animals were dealt with? I assume that the property was searched pretty soon after the Skripals were found. I'd hazard a guess that they were removed for toxicological examination quite early on in the investigation. Okay,tinfoil hat on, but...
Back