• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. S

Blue Atmospherics (Anti-Crepuscular Rays)

The night before last I popped out to the shops and saw a weird atmospheric condition that I'd never seen before: a deep blue stripe running from the horizon up into the sky. It was probably about 9pm so still light but just starting to turn to dusk, weather was excellent, hot, mostly clear...
  2. S

Emergency contact

I've been sent the following by email. On the face of it, it could be a good idea. However, I don't know whether it is genuine or a chain letter. It fits the methodology of the latter: asking you to forward it to everyone in your addressbook and so on. I don't think it really comes from the...
  3. S

Unexplained Objects Appearing From Nowhere

There must be threads about strange objects appearing, but can't seem to find the right search phrases, but feel free to merge as appropriate. Anyway, last night pretty close to midnight I heard a metallic sounding crash from somewhere else in the house. There's noone else in the house, no...
  4. S

Oxford 'Blair Witch'

Someone has brought this page to my attention - an Oxford 'blair witch' style thing. Basically, someone or some group has created a number of bird skeletons out of wood and attached them to trees at head height in a remote part of the University Parks. They look pretty real. Be aware that...
  5. S

Cyprus Forteana?

Evening. I'm off to Cyprus in a couple of days. Anyone know of any vaguely interesting places or things that would be worth a visit if time allows? Ta. Steve.
  6. S

more terror attacks

OK. My assistant told me that a friend of his dads works for a firm in London, and that the government has asked them to store 4,000 body bags in case they're needed. Now, this has all the markings of an urban legend to me, but I've not found anything on snopes.com about it, so perhaps its...
  7. S

New (but pretty unfulfilling) ghost

A new ghost sighting for you, just in time for halloween. Not a particularly exciting story mind you, and no spooky followups. Might not even have been a ghost. This is something which one or other of my grandparents (I think it was my grandfather) saw a while ago. They told my parents...
  8. S

It's late...

...and I really should stop reading ghosty things... I just noticed that it's gone midnight, that it's dark (the bulb blew), and suddenly feel very cold (heating has switched off, although the thermometer still reads 19C) and just have this overwhelming feeling someone is behind me. Bah...
Back