• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Clear Light

Hat Man & The Peeper

I thought I'd share some experiences of "shadow people" encounters that occurred in my old family home. My grandparents had moved into the house in the late 1920s just after my father was born, and 33 years later I arrived into the world. Around six months later my grandfather passed away in the...
  2. Clear Light

"Meeting Nicola"

Stats from the interweb: Violence and Sexual Offences: The most common crimes in Walton-on-Thames are violence and sexual offences, with 1,907 offenses reported in 2022, resulting in a crime rate of 28. This is a 9% increase compared to 2021.
  3. Clear Light

"Meeting Nicola"

Sadly, it's all shades of that kind of activity, including sexually motivated murder. On the opposite bank of the Thames on this stretch lies Desborough Island, known to locals as Desperate Island. The whole area has long enjoyed a seedy reputation and has a distinctly dodgy vibe.
  4. Clear Light

"Meeting Nicola"

An old friend in the US, now sadly deceased, had a publishing company called Little Giant, and there's also an excellent UK outfit that performs and records as Big Dwarf. Some of their material displays a distinct Fortean tinge.
  5. Clear Light

"Meeting Nicola"

I'm amazed that this non-event has attracted so much attention. I see nothing strange or unusual about this encounter whatsoever. The only creepy aspect of the story I pick up on is Frank's behaviour. I live near Walton, and the area where this took place has a reputation as a haunt of sexual...
  6. Clear Light

Oh Dear, What Can The Matter Be?

Just speaking from personal experience, the lurgy is the least of it...
  7. Clear Light

That could conceivably cause a bolt to move across if it were loose, but my recollection of this particular one was that it required a degree of effort to engage the bolt with the catch. I can recall this as one of the managers at the store had a predilection for young males - he would employ...
  8. Clear Light

Nah, yucky things, you don't know where they have been and you can catch nasty stuff if you get too close to them.
  9. Clear Light

I don't eat in restaurants, not even vegan ones. Humans are gross things with gross habits - I don't want them near my food!
  10. Clear Light

Glad someone got that reference. :D
  11. Clear Light

Indeed, or has fish sauce or other hidden animal ingredients.
  12. Clear Light

I'm vegan, I only eat food I have prepared myself.
  13. Clear Light

It would, but I don't eat Chinese food - I'm one of those strange people who don't eat animals. :)
  14. Clear Light

It has changed considerably, and even more changes are on the way, but none of it has been for the good! Not those shops, but these. Golden Empire being the unit in question...
  15. Clear Light

In 1978 I began working for Greens Cameras and Hi-Fi (a now defunct retail outlet) at their branch in Feltham, Middlesex. It was a small shop, built in 1966, although there were a couple of unused storeys above the shop floor that had once been a sub-aqua showroom. There were only a couple of...
  16. Clear Light

Something Unpleasant, Unseen

Not a condiment I am particularly fond of. :D
  17. Clear Light

Sorry, pressed post reply by mistake - full story now there!
  18. Clear Light

In the early nineties, my then girlfriend and I, along with her young child, moved in to a house at 8 Wilton Street, Old Basford, in the suburbs of Nottingham. The house seemed quite ordinary and pleasant enough, but within days, "things" began to happen. First off, an old music box that...
  19. Clear Light

Filmed This Erratic Light In The Sky Last Night

I am also familiar with those, they project on to clouds and have a much bigger optical presence than the lights I saw. I have also run professional light shows for live events in the past and know the technology well, so I can easily discount that as an explanation. These particular lights in...
  20. Clear Light

Filmed This Erratic Light In The Sky Last Night

This clip reminded me of seeing something of a similar nature about a decade or so ago. A friend and I had gone to Windsor Great Park in the hope that we could see the Perseid Meteor shower, so this would have been in the middle of August. At that point in time it was possible to wander around...
  21. Clear Light

Most Haunted Places In Your Home Town

Here's my local focal point for the deluded.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5524911/Olivia-Attwood-Holly-Hagan-scream-Celebrity-Ghost-Hunt-Live.html
  22. Clear Light

Most Haunted Places In Your Home Town

Sadly you do occasionally find rabid bats in the UK: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3697490.stm
  23. Clear Light

Half-Lucid Dreaming?

I often dream about one of my good friends who passed away over twenty five years ago. It's odd because in the dreams I know he is dead and mostly it's about sharing music with him that I know he would have loved when he was alive.
  24. Clear Light

The Patterson-Gimlin Bigfoot Film

This was likely to have been before the film was even shot.
  25. Clear Light

Mysterious Dog-Like Lizard Creature

Mine most certainly is!
  26. Clear Light

My first thought was the Desert Monitor, but didn't think it fitted the "dog like" description - of course, I now realise I was conflating two separate posts... Those Monitor lizards can be vicious things, I saw one kill a large snake by grabbing it by the tail and smashing the head on the...
  27. Clear Light

That is a good description of a Dhub lizard, I would imagine that was what you spotted. Sadly they are considered a delicacy in Saudi and are hunted and killed by the thousands each year. https://www.thenational.ae/uae/environment/uae-s-dhub-lizard-the-mini-dinosaur-of-the-desert-1.412354
  28. Clear Light

People Who Have Never Read A Book

Surely it would be an ape, seeing as we are all descended from a common ape like ancestor. :chimp::chimp::chimp::chimp::chimp:
  29. Clear Light

I'd classify them both the same way I classify myself - freaks! (man).
  30. Clear Light

Jurassic World

It wasn't, it was just an every day juvenile detention centre. It was originally built as an Industrial School in the mid 19th Century before becoming a Borstal in 1910. In the nineties it became Feltham Young Offenders Institute. It is now HMP Feltham. Some notable former inmates included...
  31. Clear Light

He used to flog acid at Hawkwind gigs - that would seem to pretty much cement his hippy credentials to me.
  32. Clear Light

My own personal conversations with members of the band.
  33. Clear Light

Except, of course, Lydon was a hippy all along.... https://i.pinimg.com/474x/f6/11/6f/f6116fd9248ffbc6f9b9ef8fab5b5b38--hippie-look-johnny-rotten.jpg
  34. Clear Light

All I know is that George Radford was a local businessman, and that he and his wife ran a successful upholstery business. Mrs Radford made the band matching costumes.
  35. Clear Light

The inside story. https://randybowlestories.wordpress.com/2015/11/06/i-was-an-unwitting-participant-in-a-bigfoot-scheme/
  36. Clear Light

I used to do quite a lot of work writing sleeve notes for reissue CDs, and it was while I was researching a group called the Velvet Illusions that I discovered a connection to the Patterson/Gimlin film. The Velvet Illusions came of of Yakima in Washington state and were managed by one George...
  37. Clear Light

Seriously Bad Taste Merchandise

On the subject of bad taste bubblegum cards, I always felt that this set was a strange thing to market to kids in the seventies. I guess they thought that adding the jokes at the bottom of the card defused the impact of the gory Hammer horrors...
  38. Clear Light

Chislehurst Caves Ghost

A number of years ago I went on one of the guided tours of Chislehurst caves. When we got to the cave with the pond I hung back for a couple of minutes while the rest of the tour carried on just to soak up a little of the ambience on my own. Standing alone in the pitch black darkness, I felt...
  39. Clear Light

Robot Round-Up

That's not politics, just pointing out the obvious truth. :)
  40. Clear Light

Robot Round-Up

It's called a Tory government, and it will only get worse with Brexshit.
  41. Clear Light

Who Is Bob?

Bob.
  42. Clear Light

Weird Personal Names

I went to school with a kid called Wayne Kerr, and I later knew a chap named Cecil Pitt, AKA Cess Pitt.
  43. Clear Light

Spooked On The Job: Your Haunted Workplaces

My first job on leaving school in 1978 was at a branch of Greens Cameras and Hi Fi in my local high street. The building covered three floors and had been built in 1966 when the high street had been modernised, replacing the Victorian shops that had formerly occupied the space. Within days of my...
  44. Clear Light

Folk Horror

Blackwood's short story 'The Willows' is another good one.
  45. Clear Light

Folk Horror

'Ritual' by David Pinner is well worth a read, supposedly the inspiration for The Wicker Man.
Back