• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Gizmos Mama

What Was Your Entry To The World Of Weird?

What are the top Fortean types of phenomena for you? High strangeness, Premonitions, Earth mysteries, though I find it all interesting. What was your worldview when your interest began? Not sure, as it's been a lifelong interest, (since I could read, probably) What was the event or starting...
  2. Gizmos Mama

Fortean Knick-Knacks

I have a rock that registers on a metal detector, but doesn't look very metallic to me. I'll see if I can find it.
  3. Gizmos Mama

Animals Sensing What We Can't ('Psychic' Animals; Animal Pre-Cognition)

Yes, same here. I hate doing laundry at night, and I can't wait to get out of there myself! Always feels like someone is staring at me in a not friendly way. It's not so bad during the day, but the bad feelings are way way stronger at night. In fact, I don't even like doing dishes after dark...
  4. Gizmos Mama

My other cats, (passed away now) used to sit for hours at the top of the basement stairs, listening to something. They didn't like it down there, and would only go downstairs to use the litter box. The "new" cats also sit and listen, but not as intensely, and they even hang out down there...
  5. Gizmos Mama

It is, especially when I'm sitting on the couch, ankles all exposed to whatever is under there!
  6. Gizmos Mama

Ha Ha My cats freak me out by occasionally staring at something under the couch and then running away! :eek:
  7. Gizmos Mama

Oh, The Irony

Or she could've charged her dumb car at her house the night before her "big trip" of 80 km from San Jose to San Fransisco.
  8. Gizmos Mama

T'Owd Man & Other Caving / Potholing / Spelunking Ghosts

I see. That would be the other reference I found, but since it was associated with the city name, I didn't mention it.
  9. Gizmos Mama

There is a city called Kamloops in British Columbia, the Ship mentioned, and that's about it. I had thought the name came from some Explorer, but it seems it's a Native word, so I guess it isn't as common as I thought. Can I ask where else you've heard it?
  10. Gizmos Mama

I'm not sure if this is the shipwrecked sailor you were thinking of, but it's pretty creepy. http://weekinweird.com/2016/11/27/old-whitey-preserved-corpse-kamloops/
  11. Gizmos Mama

Strange Deaths

That's my worst nightmare... drowning while being trapped under ice. How did they not realize she'd be swept away if this is a river? (Sorry, couldn't watch, too close to watching someone commit suicide for me.)
  12. Gizmos Mama

Jordan Peterson

Here's his YouTube of the same article he wrote.
  13. Gizmos Mama

Who Ya Gonna Call? (Calling Cops About Fortean Incidents)

I just heard a podcast, (I believe Weird Darkness) that mentioned a case where a "normal" woman (not someone who claimed to be psychic) had a "vision" of where a murdered girl's body was to be found. She reported this to the police, and then went out searching herself, as she had a feeling the...
  14. Gizmos Mama

Weird IHTM Tales From Reddit & Other Sites

My house is 110 years old this year, and I live in the west (of North America), where it is even "newer". I used to live in Ontario, (East coast) and had an attic apartment that was in a house that was built in 1870 (sadly demolished now). I know it isn't as old as UK, but there are a few...
  15. Gizmos Mama

Weird IHTM Tales From Reddit & Other Sites

That is lens flare, plus a really smudgy lens. Or the room is full of smoke? (probably a phone camera with a finger print over it)
  16. Gizmos Mama

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

It may be something like traffic vibrations or nearby construction, not necessarily from vibrations generated in the direct vicinity. Could the days it moves less be the weekend, when traffic might be lighter?
  17. Gizmos Mama

Photos You Need To Really Look At To Understand

Seeing as the shorter one has an eye patch, it seems to have already happened! lol
  18. Gizmos Mama

It's stuff like slang terms for boobs really brings humanity together!
  19. Gizmos Mama

Are you me? I used to live in Ontario as well. And yes, it was probably back when I was 8 that I last heard that term.
  20. Gizmos Mama

Ha ha... yes, I've heard that one too! Though I think it must've been an 80's thing, as I haven't heard that in a while.
  21. Gizmos Mama

Did Your House Use To Be A Meth Lab?

I was wondering why I had so much more energy and haven't needed to sleep since moving into my new place! lol
  22. Gizmos Mama

People Who Just Disappear (Go Missing)

This post though, brings to mind these guys, (and others) on YouTube, who have recently found at least 11 missing people who ended up in cars in the water. These guys do this on their own dime and time, with support of viewers. It really is quite amazing what they have done for these families...
  23. Gizmos Mama

If I had to name mine, they would be Tit and Tat! :rofl:
  24. Gizmos Mama

Love pillows, no. Similar, though, is Fun-Bags, which I've heard. Breasticles, yes. Sadly, being rather "well-endowed" myself, I've heard most everything. I take it all in fun, though. Boys and their toys... what's a girl gonna do?
  25. Gizmos Mama

Yes, I have. Usually in the context of "look at them puppies!" There seems to be an almost endless array of terms used to refer to breasts, actually. Melons, Cans, Knockers come immediately to mind. lol
  26. Gizmos Mama

In Canada, a bun is a term for a small round bread. Eg. "Honey, pass me the hamburger buns". It's also slang for butt.
  27. Gizmos Mama

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Well, of course poking a knife into yourself and not drawing blood doesn't hurt! :dunno: Plunging the whole 8" blade into your body might give you a more accurate experience, but of course I don't recommend that course of action. Severed flesh, nerves and organs might feel slightly more...
  28. Gizmos Mama

Morningmares

Well, that sounds unpleasant! I've never had a nightmare during a "nap" (I tend to do the same thing on days off, because my start time is so early on work days) I do find that those day sleeps have more dreams (that I remember) and I more often jerk myself awake from twitching during those...
  29. Gizmos Mama

The Guardian: Alan Godfrey Case & More

They (the aliens) have to start somewhere! I'm sure they've simply made it through all the Aarons in the phone book, and were moving onto Adamskis. They must be into the B's now, so I'll be in the cellar with my tinfoil hat.
  30. Gizmos Mama

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

I can't remember what the actual dream was about, but my dream last night was played out in cheap, old Flintstones's animation style. It was literally like watching a cartoon.
  31. Gizmos Mama

Noises In My Lane: Audible Strangeness In Ammanford

What I think is a sheep, keeping in mind I don't live in the UK and am not regularly around sheep, or livestock of any kind, is in the video "a short compilation of noises on your YouTube, @ 17 seconds in.
  32. Gizmos Mama

David Paulides & Missing 411

I've watched and listened to many of David's movies and interviews. Mostly because I love the outdoors, and knowing what could be out there is important to me, as I like to be prepared. My 2 issues with his "criteria" to be included in the Missing are boulder fields and berry pickers. Boulders...
  33. Gizmos Mama

Noises In My Lane: Audible Strangeness In Ammanford

Hi Alan, I watched the hour long video on your YouTube site. Sounds to me like you've got rotten neighbours who are into shady crap. I'd sell the place and leave it to the Vietnamese drug gangs or whatever, if the cops aren't interested. How the cop didn't question having a welded steel door...
  34. Gizmos Mama

Corpse Mishandling

I sure hope in his case, it's both those things that aren't buried with his body! Yikes!!
  35. Gizmos Mama

The Moon (Earth's Moon)

On Nov 18-19, there was a Lunar eclipse that lasted over 3 hrs. It was the longest in 580 yrs. If you didn't get a chance to see it, here's a couple of pictures I took.
  36. Gizmos Mama

Auroras (Northern Lights; Polar Lights)

I live at 51 degrees N, and I happened to be on the ball enough to capture this the night of Nov 3-4 from my backyard. I've never seen them that strong... and I still haven't, because I slept through the whole thing! :( Keep in mind, I live near the downtown core of a city of over 1 million...
  37. Gizmos Mama

Ocular Migraines

Hi All, I've had severe migraines pretty much my whole life. Sometimes so bad, I end up in the ER maybe once a year because of the uncontrolled vomiting... not fun! Most times, a 400 mg liquid ibuprofen (extra strength Advil) will reduce it to a normal headache, or nothing at all, but only if...
  38. Gizmos Mama

Solar Cycles / Solar Flares / Coronal Mass Ejections / Solar Storms

Here's an interesting video that suggests we may be in for a lot of Aurora in the near future. TIP: You can use your oven (or any metal box) as a Faraday cage to protect small electronics. Unplug the oven, turn off the electronics and put them in the center of the rack, in or on top of...
  39. Gizmos Mama

Fortean Headlines

Having an all-female colony seems a little short sighted to me... but, hey, I wasn't smart enough to marry (and divorce) a billionaire, so what do I know. SMFH
  40. Gizmos Mama

Strange Deaths

I guess I have no shame! lol As so, I'd never considered that you can die from embarrassment for real! (edited words for clarity)
  41. Gizmos Mama

Strange Deaths

I don't even know what to say about the incidents you listed above. What are these people doing? What do they think a cell phone is for, if not to use in an emergency. It's bad enough being in a place, having the phone but no reception. But having a live cell phone and never calling for help...
  42. Gizmos Mama

Strange Deaths

This!! I think a bigger problem generally, (in my work, anyway) is a bunch of managers with degrees thinking that makes them the expert. When, as a person with no formal post-secondary education, but 20 years doing the thing, they are not making smart (or even practical) decisions. As a...
  43. Gizmos Mama

Lucky Escapes

That is probably the case. It at least lessened the damage he received. It's the only lucky thing in that scenario.
  44. Gizmos Mama

Lucky Escapes

Yikes! That guy is so lucky to have survived, (if he did?) I'm sorry you had to see that. I hope you're ok. I've worked in construction for over 20 years, and teach electrical and buried utility safety, and it's always sad and scary to hear about these incidents happening, when they shouldn't.
  45. Gizmos Mama

Nazi Yeti

The bear link is kind of amazing, actually. Not that it might be a Yeti, but that it might be a relic hybrid extinct bear remains! That's why I remember the program. Bears are known to eerily resemble humans, (or at least primates) once they have been skinned, and their paws look suspiciously...
  46. Gizmos Mama

Nazi Yeti

I believe I saw the program you are remembering, where they (researchers, not Nazis) took samples from some relic in Tibet (or Nepal, maybe?) and it came back as a hybrid bear. I think that relic was a supposed Yeti scalp, not the object pictured. Sorry I'm no help on remembering what the...
  47. Gizmos Mama

Forteana & Weirdness On YouTube

I've been listening to this radio type podcast on YouTube lately called Weird Darkness. Tons of content, and he covers every kind of weirdness, hauntings, cryptids, old reports of high strangeness, true crime, viewer stories, and lots of fortean goodness. Some very obscure stuff I've never heard...
  48. Gizmos Mama

Astronomical News

Not sure if anybody has heard about this yet, as it was a while ago. Hubble took some time lapse shots of a variable star/nebula, and it might be the most beautiful thing ever. https://esahubble.org/videos/heic1323a/ Also, if anyone has a largish telescope and camera, and is interested in...
  49. Gizmos Mama

Frank Zappa & His Work

Is he some kind of folk legend in Eastern Europe, or what? And if so, why, exactly?
  50. Gizmos Mama

Frank Zappa & His Work

I'm not a die-hard fan of Frank, but I'm guess I'm one of those weird people who do appreciate both aspects of his music. I'm not claiming to have heard all of his stuff or even most of it. Definitely not a fan of most avant garde music, but Frank and the Mothers made it fun. Everyone else took...
Back