• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Noises In My Lane: Audible Strangeness In Ammanford

I would be concerned over secretly recording any old how.

What would the legality be?

I would be concerned over secretly recording any old how.
What would the legality be?

There shouldn't be any legal problem with recording ambient / environmental sound - particularly when the sound is propagating onto / into one's own property from outside and any parties overheard are not identified.

I have never hear it myself but she tells me she made a note that says "???it sounds like a sheep bleating"
What I think is a sheep, keeping in mind I don't live in the UK and am not regularly around sheep, or livestock of any kind, is in the video "a short compilation of noises on your YouTube, @ 17 seconds in.

If there is mysterious underground machinery could it be detected using infra red?

Machinery gives out a lot of heat, after all.

This is a very long running saga. The OP disposed microphones about the cellar of his property and recorded snatches of voice and mechanical noises overlaid by a large amount of white noise. He interprets these as subterranean machines and imprisoned slave workers being abused in extensive underground workings. His reporting of this to the police has been unsatisfactory and nothing has been done. He has built an elaborate conspiracy theory about this.

Any reasonable Fortean would see the correspondence to Raudive recordings - where detuned wide band radios pick up static and snatches of distant radio stations, which when repeatedly loop re-played with sufficient motivation can be interpreted as messages from discarnate entities.

In this case ordinary street noises - there is a children's playground, a chip shop and a bus station near the premises.
Hi

You seem to a lot about this matter, yet you are being quite selective in what you are saying.

As for "Any reasonable Fortean", personally I prefer to let people decide for themselves.

What do you say to the fact that nine other people who recorded noises at the property have spoken out and detailed their experiences in the documentary that we posted on YouTube?

Nine people saying the same thing is different from what you stated "he interprets these as", is it not?

I am not sure what you mean by "OP" or "disposed microphones", would you care to explain?

As for "He interprets these as subterranean machines and imprisoned slave workers being abused in extensive underground workings". would you kindly post a link to where you say that I said that, or suggested that?

And "His reporting of this to the police has been unsatisfactory and nothing has been done."

Can I ask how you would know this and what you are referring to?

Perhaps you would like to mention the video on my YouTube site were we removed the redaction from an Official Police
storm report and used metadata and google earth to prove the document was a fake?

May I suggest that if you are going to post on Fortean you post proof of what you are saying?

After that, perhaps can we agree to let people decide for themselves?

As for "In this case ordinary street noises - there is a children's playground, a chip shop and a bus station near the premises"

You seem to know the area, College Street is a main road that sits outside my former house, would you not expect to hear the sounds of traffic and people talking before hearing noises coming from a school play yard, which is actually quite a distance from the house?

What about the loud bleeper that sounds every time the bus station barrier raises up or down?

What would you consider the recording, that seems to me to be a lady in distress saying
"Why Gareth, why? The Babies died", to have come from?

I posted a short two minute video on my YouTube channel for anyone who wants to look at the area around the property.

It is at

For anyone that wants to research this matter for themselves the property is 20 College Street in Ammanford and the post code is SA18 3AF, the property sits behind a Vietnamese nail bar known as Sophia Nails.

I have posted some videos on my YouTube channel for anyone that wants to look at them:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtYeKPEg7psCyFF5Wv1D1wg

The main videos can also be watched or downloaded from our website at

https://altaricapublishing.co.uk

Best regards

Alan

There shouldn't be any legal problem with recording ambient / environmental sound - particularly when the sound is propagating onto / into one's own property from outside and any parties overheard are not identified.
Hi

We consider this before we posted the recordings, personally I think it is wrong to post recordings of random people in the street.

When we recorded these noises we ran many tests using four recorders, the recorders were placed in different parts of the house so we could compare them.

We listened to the recordings carefully and only published noises that we could hear on the recorder we placed in a shaft in the basement of our former house that were not on the other recorders.

If the sounds were truly coming from the street, would you expect to hear:

"Hi John, haven't seen you for awhile" or to hear a lady in distress say :Why Gareth, why? The babies died:?

I know I mention that particular recording quite often, but it is one of the noises that is quite easy to make out.

If you haven't heard it, it's on our YouTube site at

Best regards

Alan

A summary here would be much appreciated. It helps the thread flow more easily...
Back in 2018 strange noises were heard, originally they seemed to be coming from a semi derelict house next door

We recorded the noises over night

When we played the noises back there were many odd noises

The ones that concerned us the most were of women and children crying and screaming

There are no residential buildings bar ours in the immediate area

We used various recorders within our house to pinpoint where the noises were coming from

We established that the clearer noises were coming from somewhere underneath our basement

I dug two 1,6 meter shafts in the side wall of the basement to try to get better recordings

The recordings were offered to the Police who said they were just background noises

But at that time they had not listened to the recordings.

As time went on, other people questioned these recordings and asked if they could visit the house

People went to the house and recorded noises for themselves

Nine of those people share what they discovered in a documentary that I posted in this thread.

This is only a brief overview though, there is a lot more information on our website

Best regards

Alan

I hear a lot of ordinary sounds. I heard the sheep. Sounded like a lamb to me, but I am no authority. One clip had an idling diesel engine. That's a sound I know very well. If these sound clips were obtained with a single microphone lowered below the floor of a house, then that is curious. Hearing children playing, vehicles passing by on a street, construction noises and the like from a closed structure like a basement or a subfloor, without windows, seems odd.

People in peril? Being tortured or whatever? I don't think so. Who are these other people who made recordings? Are they willing to go on the record with their names? This sort of information needs to be made clear here in plain text, which is far more robust than links to videos or anything like that. I'm not putting any more time into this until I hear or read something compelling.

If there is mysterious underground machinery could it be detected using infra red?

Machinery gives out a lot of heat, after all.
That is a good point and perhaps surprisingly, one that has not been mentioned before.

I do not know a lot about this but I have seen documentaries of helicopters using infra red to pick
up heat signature from the ground to detect things such as cannabis crops grown in peoples lofts.

A lot of people have suggested ground penetrating radar over the years but we ruled this out
after speaking with several companies that supply them.

Best regards

Alan

Hi

I respectfully disagree, I think that that links to short videos are far more robust that mere plain text, but I have posted a brief overview in text, earlier in this post.

I have many comments from people that say they hear the sounds of screaming coming from people in terror or fear, and that is my opinion is too, I brought up two children and there is a difference.

This video is what the presenter of a podcast said after he heard some of the noises, it is around 2 minutes long

Please understand that I am not asking you to put anytime in to this, I was simply
responding to early posts about this matter, you are welcome to your opinion

Best regards

Alan

By more robust I meant that links get broken and videos disappear all the time. Plain text posted here is very secure and unlikely to go away any time soon.

The Police officer who faked this storm report is one person who actually does appear to be above the law.

It would be interesting to hear from anyone who thinks that this report is not faked

Best regards

Alan

They aren't accessible to all.
I apologise, I hadn't considered that.

Would you kindly advise me further?

It might help if I explain myself a bit better, I like to try and make the material as accessible as I can.

It is one of the reasons why a lot of our videos have text cards whilst the video is playing.

Best regards

Alan

The accessibility advice is to provide a written version as well as the videos you like. Then the individual's software can process it in a way that suits them.

GPR is probably an answer.

But, you said you were in an ex mining area?
Hi

Yes, Ammanford is an ex-coal mining town, the nearest workings that I know of are fairly close to my former property.

A local historian, Mr Terry Norman, documents the mines on his website at:

https://welshcoalmines.co.uk/Carm/ammanford.htm

I spoke with two operators of GPR units, both said that the any scan was unlikely to show very much
due to the terrain that we wanted to test (the floor of our former house and the alleyway outside)

Best regards

Alan

By more robust I meant that links get broken and videos disappear all the time. Plain text posted here is very secure and unlikely to go away any time soon.
Apologies. a misunderstanding on my part.

it is also very good advice with hind sight, a lot of the references I made via links are now broken and I agree with what you say about videos.

I think you have made a strong important point, I will consider it more in the future.

Thanks

Best regards

Alan

That's brilliant, thank you! On-the-video helps some but not most.
Hi

It is definitely something I need to understand and use in the future.

We are experimenting with having the videos and the information translated in to different language's,
after receiving several requests, but I have no idea if we can actually do it:)

Best regards

Alan

This is a very long running saga. The OP disposed microphones about the cellar of his property and recorded snatches of voice and mechanical noises overlaid by a large amount of white noise. He interprets these as subterranean machines and imprisoned slave workers being abused in extensive underground workings. His reporting of this to the police has been unsatisfactory and nothing has been done. He has built an elaborate conspiracy theory about this.

Any reasonable Fortean would see the correspondence to Raudive recordings - where detuned wide band radios pick up static and snatches of distant radio stations, which when repeatedly loop re-played with sufficient motivation can be interpreted as messages from discarnate entities.

In this case ordinary street noises - there is a children's playground, a chip shop and a bus station near the premises.
I had a look at what "Raudive recordings" were.

I think I am correct in saying they are more often referred to as "EVP or Electronic Voice phenomenon"

The link to the following site has sample EVP's if anyone would like to compare them with the noises we recorded

https://www.lostvoicesevpresearch.com/evp-soundbite-vault-single-examples

Best regards

Alan

I hear a lot of ordinary sounds. I heard the sheep. Sounded like a lamb to me, but I am no authority. One clip had an idling diesel engine. That's a sound I know very well. If these sound clips were obtained with a single microphone lowered below the floor of a house, then that is curious. Hearing children playing, vehicles passing by on a street, construction noises and the like from a closed structure like a basement or a subfloor, without windows, seems odd.

People in peril? Being tortured or whatever? I don't think so. Who are these other people who made recordings? Are they willing to go on the record with their names? This sort of information needs to be made clear here in plain text, which is far more robust than links to videos or anything like that. I'm not putting any more time into this until I hear or read something compelling.
I listen to what was described as a sheep, or lamb noise.

It starts at around 15 seconds in, other people have commented on that sound and think it is a baby crying.

A lot of the noises are easier to make out with a good pair of over the ear headphones, but most of us have in the ear wireless buds today.

The sound can be played or downloaded from our website at

https://altaricapublishing.co.uk/videos/shortcompulation.mp4

or from YouTube at

With reference to the comments about broken links and the like, does anyone know if it I can
simply attach the video to these messages?

Best regards

Alan

... With reference to the comments about broken links and the like, does anyone know if it I can
simply attach the video to these messages? ...

Yes, I know. No, you (and / or anyone else) can't.

Attachment of video files to posts is not currently supported on this forum site.

"Why Gareth why" sounds bizarre, and needs investigation. But it could come from a TV.

The children screaming sounds like children playing.

"Why Gareth why" sounds bizarre, and needs investigation. But it could come from a TV.

The children screaming sounds like children playing.
I agree that the Why Gareth, why? The Babies died is both bizarre and needs investigating.

That is all we have asked for from the beginning, an investigation in to the noises that were
recorded.

If the sound had come from a TV, would you not have expected to be able to record a longer
audio clip and for the audio to be constantly capable of being recorded?

Personally I do not think the screaming noises are coming from children playing, especially as
a lot of those noises were recorded after 11.30 pm at night.

In one of those short clips a man can be heard screaming as if in pain, would you agree with this or
do you have a different take on it?

I have one five hour recording (all of the short clips were taken from five hour recordings) in which
screaming can be heard for around three hours.

I can post it to YouTube if you would like to listen to it.

Best regards

Alan

Who do you think these untouchables are?
My view point is that anyone who commits crime is "untouchable" or above the law if they are never prosecuted.

I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, and only name anyone in certain circumstances.

Perhaps a few examples would help

I believe PC Matthew Jones is above the law, he is a serving police officer and I believe the he faked a Storm report and I have produced evidence to support this, in the form of a video.

And although I have named other people in my various videos, I have never accused anyone of anything.

Before naming anyone I invite them to give their point of view.

I do think that I have the right to reply to comments that are left about this matter on social media platforms,
like I am doing today when I reply to comments on this platform.

Certain people have left comments that are factually untrue, mostly on my YouTube channel.

I respond with an explanation of why the comment is untrue.

Several examples of this can be seen in the forty minute video we put together.

When I think some peoples comments and actions are questionable, I respond and explain why
I think their actions and comments are questionable.

But I do not accuse anyone of anything.

May I ask you a question?

Have you seen the five minute or so video where I state the police officer faked that document?

If you have, I would be grateful for your input on it.

Perhaps you think my conclusion that the document was faked is incorrect, but if you agree that it
appears to be faked, would you agree that the reason for the officer faking that document should
be investigated, and the officer should be disciplined for his actions?

Best regards

Alan

Back