• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

1. His Extremely DeLux Self

Nobody's Fool by Bill Griffith--a book review from HExDS

NOBODY'S FOOL The Life And Times Of Schlitzie The Pinhead A Biography by Bill Griffith I like nonfiction about the circus, the carnival, and the workers and performers who make them happen. So, I was in that section of the San Francisco Public Library recently (it's in the 791s), I was pleased...
  2. Q

Saved By Spirits In Times Of Danger

There are two incidents ,one concerning my mother and the other , myself, where it appears that some sort of intervention from the spirit world saved us from dire consequences . The first incident I'll relate , occurred around 4 years ago . As I mentioned in a previous post, my elderly mother...
  3. maximus otter

Missing Almost Three Years; Found 700 Miles Away, Shivering Outside A Gas Station

Authorities in Summit County, Utah, had been hearing about a young man wandering the area with a shopping cart for several weeks. When they encountered him last Saturday, they discovered he was reported missing nearly three years ago in northern California, more than 700 miles away...
  4. henry

Bizarre Night In Mississippi

this was a weird collection of events, compressed into a raw couple of hours towards end august 2019 fortean sidekick and i were staying in greenwood MS ( now basically my second home), we had driven down to madison to catch once upon a time in hollywood, nearest cinema ... after, we met a pal...
  5. ramonmercado

The Vallow / Daybell Case: MIA Kids / Fugitive Mom / Apocalyptic Cult

This is an interesting tale: three suspicious deaths, missing children, a cult based on apocalyptic teachings. The US mother whose two young children have been missing for months has been arrested in Hawaii amid a complicated search operation spanning the US. Lori Daybell, 46, left for Hawaii...
  6. Zeke Newbold

'Snowflake' UFO Above Rio De Janeiro

From last November: this short video filmed in Brazil. Now the immediate source is the ridiculous Scott Waring - but he didn't film the video, so let's not be too quick to shoot the messenger. In fact I first came across this new sighting in the Russian hard copy press.The claim is made there...
  7. Tribble

Narwhal Tusk Used Against Terrorist

As you likely know, there was a terror attack in London yesterday (29/11/19) in which, sadly, several people died, several more seriously injured. The terrorist was subdued by, amongst others, someone wielding a narwhal tusk (acquired by someone from Fishmonger's Hall).
  8. Bigphoot2

Gold Toilet Stolen

The police have said they have nothing to go on https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-49700620
  9. H

The Somerset Gimp (Gimp Suit Man)

Maybe not Fortean, but pretty weird. Gimp suit man terrorises woman https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-48982140 I think the photo she took of the guy makes it even moreso - not being a gimp suit expert (!) I was wondering if it's a mask he's got on, or if it's his lower face?
  10. soustupido

'Dobby-Like' Being Captured On Video?

Here is the link with video...
  11. stu neville

Local TV Weirdness

Kind of like the Max Headroom Pirate broadcast, this happened about an hour ago here in the West of England. BBC Breakfast handed over to the regional bulletin as per at around 6.55, but instead of the local anchor we got her voice, but something else entirely in vision (which does, oddly, fit...
  12. maximus otter

Israelis Try New Crowd Control Method: Topless Women

Israel has tried a variety of methods to disperse its periodic protests by Haredi (ultra-Orthodox) Jews: rows of policemen, officers on horseback, even a foul-smelling spray known as “Skunk.” But during last weekend’s protests in Jerusalem over the Eurovision Song Contest being held on the...
  13. Paul_Exeter

24/25th January 2019 East Anglia UFO & Humanoid?

Hi fellow Forteans I’m finding references to an incident earlier this year In East Anglia, UK with sightings of a triangular ‘blimp’ zigzagging in the sky and, much better than that, encounters by multiple witnesses with a humanoid, which left the witnesses with flu-like symptoms akin to...
  14. Tribble

Noises In My Lane: Audible Strangeness In Ammanford

Bizarre flyers about 'screaming' noises and a 'beeping machine' coming from an 'illicit underground drug factory' have been posted all over Gloucestershire. The strange notice is titled 'please help' and has been stuck to lampposts and in some areas posted through people's doors. It has been...
  15. Swifty

Organoid Mini Brain Grown In Lab

Scientists at Cambridge have grown an organoid .. 'Scientists have grown a miniature brain in a dish with a spinal cord and muscles attached, an advance that promises to accelerate the study of conditions such as motor neurone disease. The lentil-sized grey blob of human brain cells were seen...
  16. McAvennie

Momo Challenge

Maybe this should move to urban legends and folklore... A new internet game scaring the kids. Seemingly a WhatsApp number that you call leading to a response from a distorted faced girl who encouragea you to kill yourself. Allegedly several kids around the world have done so and many more have...
  17. H

Ghost Tales From Everyday People

I am 60 this year, and I have been amazed just how many rational people have admitted they have either seen or felt a ghost. I got to talk intimately with men and women when I was a nurse and carer, so perhaps they felt they could confide in someone who would give them a sympathetic ear. I...
Back