• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

stu neville

Commissioner.
Staff member
Kind of like the Max Headroom Pirate broadcast, this happened about an hour ago here in the West of England.

BBC Breakfast handed over to the regional bulletin as per at around 6.55, but instead of the local anchor we got her voice, but something else entirely in vision (which does, oddly, fit the commentary in an outright inappropriate way.) It then abruptly switches to BBC London. No mention of this has been made in subsequent bulletins. Most odd.
The comment off-camera is me - I had rewound the programme to record this, by the way. I rarely film local news on spec :) .

Kind of like the Max Headroom Pirate broadcast, this happened about an hour ago here in the West of England.

BBC Breakfast handed over to the regional bulletin as per at around 6.55, but instead of the local anchor we got her voice, but something else entirely in vision (which does, oddly, fit the commentary in an outright inappropriate way.) It then abruptly switches to BBC London. No mention of this has been made in subsequent bulletins. Most odd.
The comment off-camera is me - I had rewound the programme to record this, by the way. I rarely film local news on spec :) .

Love it. :rollingw:

I want to know what the London scientist found out about women who work night-shifts!

Looks like a cross between Ian Brown from the Stone Roses and the chap out of Dexy's Midnight Runners.

It's someone in stereotypical West Country dress clowning around in front of a green screen for a background to be added in later - did anything similar feature in the bulletin later?

It's someone in stereotypical West Country dress clowning around in front of a green screen for a background to be added in later - did anything similar feature in the bulletin later?
Nope! I did watch all of the subsequent bulletins to see if there was either this or even a mention of the incident itself but no. Odd :) .

l don’t think that he’ll be at any risk of involvement in an “AIDS time bomb”, unless homosexuals in the West Country are extremely desperate.

maximus otter

@maximus otter

The people most at risk of HIV infection are those who have risky behaviour. Which includes every group except for the totally celibate, blood product refusing minority who have the good fortunate not to be infected by the malice and carelessness of others.

In the UK the people who are at most risk of AIDS are those who are ignorant - pers. comm. Glasgow Sandyford which uses me as a go-between and educator for some high risk groups.

Given that you've misheard the piece in question... just note that you'll need to find another place to get this sort of thing off your chest if you must do it.

Did any explanation ever appear for this? I find it slightly bizarre that it wouldn't even be mentioned by the BBC later (e.g. on breakfast telly, "let's have a laugh at what happened on the regional bulletin last night" or something).

I can't help thinking he looks like Stu Francis. Which is a name I have had no reason to think of in many-a-year, but which immediately came to mind the moment I saw your video.

Did you ever find out what it was about stu?!

Back