• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. DougalLongfoot

Uncanny (BBC Programme / Podcast)

So Uncanny should only be a local podcast for local people?
  2. DougalLongfoot

Things That Are NOT UFOs

Took my old dog out for a wee before putting him to bed the other night, spotted a very bright meteor. Where it burned out just happened to be directly in line with a star, so it gave the distinct impression of a fast moving object entering the atmosphere then coming to an instant halt and...
  3. DougalLongfoot

Latest Reports Of UFO Sightings

Pilot reports UFO to air traffic control:
  4. DougalLongfoot

What Horrible Things Did We Do To Our Penises Last Year?

134 million babies born in 2022, any mothers may care to comment on whether childbirth qualifies as doing a horrible thing to a vagina.
  5. DougalLongfoot

Latest Reports Of UFO Sightings

United Airlines pilot discussing unusual lights over radio Very reminiscent of the opening scene of Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
  6. DougalLongfoot

Weird Personal Names

I knew a fellow college resident in the early 90's whose first name was just the letter J. Not Jay, just J. There was a woman in my town who was named Precious by her parents. She was a teenager when the Lord of the Rings films were released. When she got old enough she legally dropped the...
  7. DougalLongfoot

Subscription Problems

Once again I’m 4 issues behind. I can’t remember the last issue that I actually received in a timely fashion. Can’t be good for FT either, paying for two copies and twice the postage to get me one copy of each issue.
  8. DougalLongfoot

Certainly from the episode you don't get an accurate impression of how the castle looks or is situated. Given it is in the middle of the town, their decision to sleep under the drawbridge seems slightly odd.
  9. DougalLongfoot

The question of whether ghosts haunt the place they died is brought up in Danny's play, 2:22 A Ghost Story. One of the characters declares that hospitals should be full of ghosts if they haunt the place they died.
  10. DougalLongfoot

I'm partway through the Rendlesham episode. Interesting to hear Col Halt interviewed. The topic was covered in depth with a more sceptical viewpoint in the second season of the Strange Arrivals podcast: https://www.grimandmild.com/strangearrivals
  11. DougalLongfoot

Which would frighten me more than a ghos!
  12. DougalLongfoot

Definitely not the episode they planned to release, Danny not able to give an explanation either by the sound of his introduction, he did respond to a tweet to confirm it wasn’t a case of someone trying to prank the Uncanny team. So presumably legal action or the guest decided at the last...
  13. DougalLongfoot

Which wouldn’t stop them releasing a pre recorded episode.
  14. DougalLongfoot

The episode wasn’t live, it was supposed to have a live online chat at a certain tim.
  15. DougalLongfoot

I wonder what is going on? Episode 4 never got posted and Danny Robins absent from social media since he announced the postponement. I know life gets in the way sometimes, but it is a BBC production, not some amateur independent outfit.
  16. DougalLongfoot

Subscription Problems

My original copy of #426 Christmas 2022 has turned up in today's mail. For some reason it has gone from the UK to Australia via Sweden!
  17. DougalLongfoot

Subscription Problems

And once again I am 3 issues behind in Australia. The last issue I actually received as part of my subscription was #420 in July 2022. Since then I have had to email the customer service team for a replacement for every issue (I wait until I'm three issues behind and then contact them). This is...
  18. DougalLongfoot

Precognitive Dreams

it took 15 and a half years for my dream to Come true. Told you so.
  19. DougalLongfoot

Day Of The Animals: Tales Of Man Vs Beast (And Man Suffers)

Not sure that they eat people, but they do kill about 500 people per year in Africa, making them far more dangerous than lions and sharks.
  20. DougalLongfoot

I must admit, I didn't enjoy Witch Farm as much as Danny's other shows. As noted by others, we never seemed to get independent witnesses actual testimony, just Liz's reports of what other people had said. I really do think this was a family under stress from (particularly Bill's) mental health...
  21. DougalLongfoot

Upcoming DC Comics Adaptations

I don't really care about the DCEU, Gunn & Safran are free to do what they like, but WB letting both Henry Cavill & Gal Gadot post to social that they were happy to be back, then pull the rug out from under them within days is a pretty shitty way of doing business.
  22. DougalLongfoot

Legs With No Body, Running Along The Road

Perhaps some sort of Boston Dynamics style robot legs?
  23. DougalLongfoot

'Murder Houses': How Does Violence Impact Sale Prices?

My father was a real estate agent and I remember he once had to sell a house in which somebody had been stabbed to death. I can't recall whether the price was affected, but I do have a vague memory of him getting annoyed with people wanting to inspect the property out of ghoulish curiosity...
  24. DougalLongfoot

FT422

No, she is presenting a hypothetical that UFO’s could be time travellers.
  25. DougalLongfoot

Subscription Problems

Yeah, not a word I’ve ever heard before.
  26. DougalLongfoot

Subscription Problems

Heard back from Metropolis, here is part of their reply:
  27. DougalLongfoot

Subscription Problems

So issue #421 just arrived, 3 months after UK subscribers got theirs. The login linked by Stu Neville did work and I have plenty to go on my subscription. Sent an email to Metropolis a week ago and have had no reply, not even an automated acknowledgment.
  28. DougalLongfoot

Subscription Problems

Still having issues with delivery to Australia. Last one I received was #420 months ago, so I'm 3-4 behind, have emailed Metropolis again. Is there a website we can manage our subscription through? The last one I had doesn't work since the change in ownership.
  29. DougalLongfoot

French Dramedy OVNI(s)

Season 1 trailer I have just finished watching this fantastic French TV show. Set in 1978, rocket scientist Didier Mathure is banished to head GEPAN after the failure and explosion on launch of his 10 year rocket project. While this is a comedy, the storyline is actually quite enthralling...
  30. DougalLongfoot

Coincidences

While watching the Commonwealth Games coverage a boxing commentator mentioned a previous fight which involved a boxer from Mozambique. Being a Monty Python fan this made me think about the Colin "Bomber" Harris sketch, with Harris being from Reigate in Mozambique. Looking at the screen I...
  31. DougalLongfoot

A Good Read: Book Suggestions & Recommendations

Thanks, I'd forgotten that one, which I have also read many years ago. Will dig it out for another read.
  32. DougalLongfoot

A Good Read: Book Suggestions & Recommendations

I'm looking for good Arthurian novels/tales. I've already read (over a number of decades): Geoffrey of Monmouth Thomas Malory TH White Stephen Lawhead Bernard Cornwell Alfred Lord Tennyson. Any really good ones I've missed?
  33. DougalLongfoot

Subscription Problems

Have any Australian subscribers received any issues lately? Last one I got was 409.
  34. DougalLongfoot

The Yowie

Hmm, the article is bollocks right from the beginning. There is no people known as the Pintubi on the Darling River (which is in western NSW). The closest people is the Pintupi who live in the deserts straddling the NT & WA border, which is about 2,500 km from the Darling River. The Pintupi are...
  35. DougalLongfoot

Star Trek

So Prince Andrew would be fine or in trouble? I'm not sure.
  36. DougalLongfoot

Bunyip Sighting: Darling River, 1926

Okay, the system wouldn't let me upload the whole newsletter. I have left the two pages of Ethel Edwards recounts. I have also left the last page which has the details of the people who publish the newsletter.
  37. DougalLongfoot

Sorry, is from the local newsletter "Wilcannia News" in their History Spot section. Ethel Edwards was a local Baarkindji woman and the story was recounted in 1989. The newsletter doesn't have a website so I can't post a link. Am I able to share the pdf here somehow?
  38. DougalLongfoot

Alien Big Cats ('ABCs')

I'm not sure why it IS so grainy, except to encourage the misidentification. Look at the Ring doorbell videos on youtube, none of them are that bad.
  39. DougalLongfoot

THE DAY ETHEL EDWARDS SAW THE NGATJI AT YANCANNIA One time when I was about six years old, we came across to Yancannia and camped by the creek. It was night time when we got there.The next morning me and my sister Ada were called to light the fire and get water from the creek. We went down...
  40. DougalLongfoot

J.R.R. Tolkien

Sort of but not really. Tolkien began writing what would become The Silmarillion in 1917 while on leave from the war. His wife Edith dancing in the woods was the inspiration and the scene survives in the Tale of Beren & Luthien (the names are carved on their headstones in Oxford). Initially...
  41. DougalLongfoot

Strange Green Light Appears In Sky During Storm

The only place you will see the Aurora in Australia is Tasmania. Looking at the red dirt and the architecture of the houses, plus at the beginning you can see a small palm in the yard, it doesn't look like Tasmania to me. Secondly, Aurora are high atmospheric phenomena, you're not going to see...
  42. DougalLongfoot

J.R.R. Tolkien

The Amazon series is based on the Second Age of Middle Earth, so no Barrow Downs. Going back to the relationship between Frodo and Sam, Tolkien wrote that it reflects that of officers and their batmen in World War I: https://johngarth.wordpress.com/2014/02/13/sam-gamgee-and-tolkiens-batmen/
  43. DougalLongfoot

LOTR: The Rings Of Power Series

The Amazon series is based on the Second Age of Middle Earth, so no Barrow Downs.
  44. DougalLongfoot

Male Genital Mutilation (Other Than Circumcision)

Ryan Andrew King performed one of the amateur surgical procedures in a Brisbane backpackers hostel, a court has been told
  45. DougalLongfoot

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

So your cat is a reincarnation of Jimi Hendrix!
  46. DougalLongfoot

Last week, my dream basically plagiarised the film "Yesterday" except it was Star Trek that never happened instead of the Beatles. William Shatner was a very sad and dishevelled actor whose biggest role was an off Broadway production of Death of a Salesman. I asked him about Star Trek and he...
  47. DougalLongfoot

A much younger me re-uniting with a former girlfriend, only to find out her family were very unhappy with us getting back together. When I woke up I realised I never met her family (university romance) and the unhappy family was the family of another former girlfriend. And yes, they would...
  48. DougalLongfoot

Subscription Problems

Like others, #397, #398, #399 and #401 all turned up in within a matter of days. #403 was in today's mail, but still no sign of #400 or #402. I also notice there is no free access via the app anymore. I've emailed Dennis to enquire about the missing two issues.
  49. DougalLongfoot

Thylacines (Post-1936 Sightings)

As Tony Healy and Paul Cropper point out in their book Out of the Shadows the Thylacine was always more plentiful in the north-east of Tasmania, they are/were not forest animals.
  50. DougalLongfoot

Subscription Problems

So issue #401 January 2021 turned up today. Still no sign of issues #397-#400. After a bit of to and fro with Dennis via email, they are extending my subscription.
Back