• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

A Bizarre & Nasty Haunting

down boys!

maybe he didn't want to give out a lot of accurate personal information to this mob...so far you have dug into the story to the extent of posting real information about a relative of his, finding his house, and then investigating and finding him on flickr, making guesses as to his and his mother's age, etc.

how intrusive. just read the tale and like it or not. at least this time there was adequate distraction to keep everyone from convincing themselves it just could not have happened.

Any information about his (almost certainly deceased) relative that was posted on this forum by other members and not the OP was obtained from a public resource - the 1911 census. More information was posted by the OP himself.

The OP has posted pictures of the house himself on Flickr which are obviously available to the public.

Fair enough, if we had posted his real name, or the address of this house on here then you may have a point, but this isn't the case.

I imagine the reason his age and his mother's age was looked into was because the age on his profile seemed unlikely when he stated his mother is still alive.

I think it's only human nature and certainly the nature of many members here to research and if necessary, debunk any first-hand stories posted to the forum. After all, the whole point of a forum is to discuss. This is a message board, not simply a story board.

A truly chilling and bizarre story. One of the most fascinating I've encountered on here, actually.

I'm very much in agreement with the original poster that what was being experienced in that house was more likely the actions of a 'Thing' or entity of some kind than a ghosst or spirit, or what have you.

Some of you may remember, through my posts on road ghosts, that I tend to believe that most reported 'ghosts' (Given their tendency to repeat actions in specific locations) are more likely to be some kind of echo from the past than a being which one could interact with.

The reported experieces here sound far more random. Or rather deliberate, but performed without any clear routine.

Fascinating.

Revisiting some of my fav threads and this one still gives me the absolute creeps.

I use it as an incentive to make sure all my doors and windows are locked before I go to bed as the prospect of a spectral face peering at me through the spindles on the stairs when I go back down to check is too much to contemplate.

824641b6f4b4a70eb6992b0f45a3d5b9.jpg

Perhaps Frank was a debtor, and to escape his creditors the authorities were notified of his "death."
But he was alive, and hid in the loft, occasionally using the upstairs of the house.
Living in the loft he was unshaven with long hair and probably a bit smelly, and it was this that frightened the young child sitting on the bottom of the on the stairs who saw Frank on an emergence from the loft?

On reading the OP, I thought the story seems entirely consistent with a skeleton in the closet, such as a mentally unstable relative living upstairs. That would be stressful for the adults who knew about it, and they would forbid the children to go up to that floor because they could accidently see someone who wasn't supposed to be there. The grandmother was perhaps accidently pushed over by the mystery inmate, who knocked on the wall to notify the neighbors when he realized the grandmother had been injured. The grandmother would relate the story as an inexplicable event in order to protect the family secret. Family secrets are very traumatizing for those who have to keep them. If that was the case, it was very sad but probably not very rare. :(

Yes, I wonder whether everyone was told that Frank had moved out, when possibly Frank had had a breakdown and been confined to his room (or given the upstairs of the house to live in, hence Grandmother moving her bed downstairs). He may have had outbursts that could be physically violent (particularly if he was being contained against his will, possibly for his own protection or from fear of 'what would the neighbours say?') which would account for 'nobody is allowed upstairs.'

Back