• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Anyone Seen A Ghost?

I have just managed to completely creep myself out. I summarised earlier in this thread how I used to live in a haunted house, all I knew was a woman had killed her three kids and committed suicide (which I found out when we moved, and explained a lot of the weirdness). Well, I was digging around online seeing if I could find out any more and came across this, which I think is talking about what happened in the house that I lived in for a year (although the estate is repeatedly and erroneously referred to as Sandy Hills instead of Sandy Hill).

What particularly gave me the chills is "There was a bad smell coming along the landing I walked to the front bedroom of the house and found the body of a female lying on her back on a double bed, the electric blanket was on and there was a stocking tied tightly around her neck."

This was the bedroom where I heard the inexplicable crying coming from! I've got goosebumps right now! :ghunt:
The link is dead Si and I'd really like to read it!

Excellent.

I can't imagine what you must have felt like when you found that!

I wonder if your parents knew about it when you moved in?
Difficult to not have heard something about the murders I would have thought. ?
My parents didn't know until after we moved in, when one of the new neighbours told them. They didn't tell us kids about it until the day we moved out.

Hi @PeteS , it's been nearly three years since you saw your ghost lady, what are your thoughts on it now, with the passing of time?
I can't add anything really to what I posted. It was strange that her appearance coincided with a traumatic time which ended immediately. I have not been able to locate any relevant info in the house deeds but in the 120 years the house has existed it seems likely that at least one elderly lady had lived or died in that room. I guess a troll through the census might reveal some info but I'm inclined to leave it all well alone along with the appearance of the large dog at the end of the bed (in a different dwelling and time). And very strangely as I woke up an hour ago my thoughts turned to this lady and the fact that I had not seen her again. Weird.
And what was the photo on the wall about?
As I posted before when others asked, it is a photo of my deceased wife and me on our wedding day. I have my doubts that she was actually looking at the photo but possibly what hung there in her lifetime and smiling as a result. (wall was re plastered so any signs of fixings long gone). I caught a glimpse of a previous moment in time is what I think happened.

I can't add anything really to what I posted. It was strange that her appearance coincided with a traumatic time which ended immediately. I have not been able to locate any relevant info in the house deeds but in the 120 years the house has existed it seems likely that at least one elderly lady had lived or died in that room. I guess a troll through the census might reveal some info but I'm inclined to leave it all well alone along with the appearance of the large dog at the end of the bed (in a different dwelling and time). And very strangely as I woke up an hour ago my thoughts turned to this lady and the fact that I had not seen her again. Weird.

As I posted before when others asked, it is a photo of my deceased wife and me on our wedding day. I have my doubts that she was actually looking at the photo but possibly what hung there in her lifetime and smiling as a result. (wall was re plastered so any signs of fixings long gone). I caught a glimpse of a previous moment in time is what I think happened.
Seems like the simplest answer. . . re: ["I caught a glimpse of a previous moment in time."]

I went out early this morning (35 minutes before sunrise!) and saw someone walk from a house about 50 feet in front of me to the cars parked in the street. I wasn't taking much notice but as I got closer there was no sign of them and none of the cars appeared occupied. I kept looking back but none of the cars were showing lights. I don't suppose it was a ghost but it seemed odd.

Last edited:
Back