• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Are Statins Good for Wood?

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...tins-improve-my-sex-life-erection-cholesterol

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/04/03/ask-well-statins-and-your-sex-life/

No doubt that Statins do reduce cholesterol but they do have some nasty side effects.

I came off them due to feeling exhausted much of the time and I must say after a few days I felt great. I'd also put on weight which I put down to feeling too knackered to exercise properly, (it's also a side effect).

I never noticed any issues "in letting Mr Jumbo out of the circus tent", in fact he's actually felt a lot sturdier post the statins.

I'd advocate a Statins holiday and just go on them when the Cholesterol starts creeping up.

Last edited:
I'm on Atorvastatin. A side effect I have noticed is occasional leg cramps.
I might try a statin holiday - good idea.

I'm on Atorvastatin. A side effect I have noticed is occasional leg cramps.
I might try a statin holiday - good idea.

that's what I was on, 40km bike rides seemed like 140km bike rides. Make sure your lipds are ok obviously.

simvanstatin can be a pain for some, literally. i got pains in arms and legs after 3 days, i came off them and they gave me atorvastatin, i was on them for a while then came off of them, i never told them, so, when i went to have my chol checked after a year of not using them, my chol was perfect, funny that, aint it? And ive never had an erection yet

simvanstatin can be a pain for some, literally. i got pains in arms and legs after 3 days, i came off them and they gave me atorvastatin, i was on them for a while then came off of them, i never told them, so, when i went to have my chol checked after a year of not using them, my chol was perfect, funny that, aint it? And ive never had an erection yet

:D

What not even someone else's?

I've had loads of stiffys .. always caused by members of the opposite sex in my instance. Or just when I wake up. They're ace, I call them mini me .. and then I have to go to work so that crushes that opportunity.

Why do men give their dicks names? I cant recall women giving their pussies names

I've become fond of 'foo foo' ... okay it's childish but it seems to not offend women (unlike cunt) .. I don't use THE C WORD for that reason although my ex flatmate did pull a blinder when our female coworker told us she didn't mind us swearing as long as we didn't say THE C WORD ..

.... so he went off on one saying "So why is it okay to call a man a dick, a dickhead, a prick, a nob, a cock, a tool, a wanker etc etc (you get the idea) but we're (men) all suddenly gender terrorists if we decide to use THE C WORD in front of women ?... yawn .. although I'm not a fan of the C word either, I think he had a good and sensible point on this one ..

You must be very open minded/brave if you go around calling every man a dick, dickhead, prick, nob, cock, tool or wanker and think that's reasonable behaviour. I wouldn't risk it!

You must be very open minded/brave if you go around calling every man a dick, dickhead, prick, nob, cock, tool or wanker and think that's reasonable behaviour. I wouldn't risk it!
Nope .. that was my flat mate and he didn't (often) call other men those names either but I think he had a good point regarding THE C WORD .

Why do men give their dicks names? I cant recall women giving their pussies names

Oh I dunno, I did know of someone who named hers 'The Pink Lady' in tribute to Grease...

As to keeping lead in pencils plenty of fresh garlic is rather good. We eat about 5-6 heads of garlic per week in our house as curry is on the menu most days! I sometimes refer to Mr AJ as my Duracell bunny... and he's heading for 50 ;)

Why do men give their dicks names
Clearly, it's because all mammalian penises are parasitic twins, with independant agendas. They tend to be self-minded, scheming, senseless, narcissistic exhibitionists. Whereas their invaded host could be either all or none of these things.

They can influence the actions of their carriers (hence the whole root aetiology to the affliction we humans call sex) in an embodiment of the selfish gene / extended phenotype paradigm. And succeed in doing this, or none of us would be here today.

Consider that throughout the existence of humanity, they have had to have been capable of being functionally-stimulated in circumstances that were far from ideal (cavemen penises still had to be able to achieve erections despite their hosts being half-eaten by sabre-toothed tigers, ravaged by disease & malnutrition, and the chance availability of varyingly-unattractive cavewomen).

Giving penises their own individual names seems to be a rational latter-day response to a highly-irrational quasi-symbiotic situation.

I know (used to know many years ago) of at least two exceptions - ladies with names for their equipment. And I've never named mine.

For some reason women have been happy to confide in me things they don't normally tell blokes, some of which I have tried very hard to forget.

I know (used to know many years ago) of at least two exceptions - ladies with names for their equipment. And I've never named mine.

For some reason women have been happy to confide in me things they don't normally tell blokes, some of which I have tried very hard to forget.
I've never given my moisture seeking missile a name either ..

Forgive the off-topic nature of this comment, but I'm deeply affected by the fact this thread title originally read to me as 'Stalin's good for erections'.

Make of this what you will.

They didn't call him The Man of Steel for nothin'.

Back