• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Area 51 AKA Groom Lake: Still Secret

What do you think is happening at Area 51?

• The development of top secret aircraft

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • The hiding of recovered UFO's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reverse Engineering from alien technology

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • It's just another airbase

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Area 51 doesn't exist...

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Well I thought of this thread when I was watching TV tonight a program on Area 51 on UK Horizons and it got me thinking that some of the goverment of the USA are adimiting that they are or were using stories about UFO's have been made up to cover up some seceret operations that they have been working on yet some other goverment officials e.g. Ronald Regan have basicly admited that UFO's do realy exist.

Who is telling the truth?

What are they realy trying to cover up?

Is there something realy big that they are keeping secret?

What ever it's all about it's a bit puzzling to me
:confused:

Or perhaps there using a cover story that there coving up using disinfo about ufos to cover up that they really are dealing with ufos!

I thought the flying saucers that were in Area 51 were moved to Utah, or something like that.

I think Area 51 is simply the place where they have all their experimental toys. And naturally they want to keep that info from the public. But no aliens.

I watched those shows to. Some of them were pretty good like the Area 51 investigation.

We are lead to believe that Area 51 is just simply a test site for Stealth technology.

If that is the case, why is it's existence denied by the US government. Stranger still, if the US deny it is there, why give the Russians permission to fly over it???

I believe there has to be something else there although I'm not a full suscriber to Bob Lazar's claims (surely the man would be dead by now if all the knowledge he admits to having were true).

Having seen the Alien Interview (which looks comical when viewed on it's own but becomes more with over dubbed speculation and interviews), I can't help but believe there has to be something more. Something more interesting and quite over-whelmingly fantastic to prove to me that life means so much more.

Why else go to so much trouble to cover up flight tests?? Christ, we all know about it so what is there to cover up?

As to what is really there, we can only speculate and believe in the fact that someday we will all now the truth.

How about Area 51 being a decoy for another more secret location where UFO technology is being used. While everyone goes there the USA can test their machines in private somewhere else

jima said:
How about Area 51 being a decoy for another more secret location where UFO technology is being used. While everyone goes there the USA can test their machines in private somewhere else

ive always thought that as a possablilty!!!

anyhoo my point is, if we were visited by UFO's and they were caught and kept at area51 there isnt a chance in hell we would find out about, ofcourse its going to ve coverd up, for religions sake! if we found out there was life on another planet where would that leave the beleif's of the religious nuts? they are already ignorant to the facts of evolution. were would they stand if the US government told them GOD wasnt the biggest and most important thing going?

believe there has to be something else there although I'm not a full suscriber to Bob Lazar's claims (surely the man would be dead by now if all the knowledge he admits to having were true).

That's pretty much my assumption: if he was in defence research and development he would have signed a whole raft of secrecy agreements. One word in public about how many half-inch bolts there are on a stealth bomber's wing and he'd be serving fifty in Fort Leavenworth.

At which point someone has to say "but by allowing him to speak, the CIA are making us think he'd be silenced if he were telling the truth, etc etc" ad nauseum.:rolleyes:

Bush continues with secrecy about Area 51 activities

Is it military secrets - or alien secrets - or just hazardous material misuse that's being covered up?
... mainstream scientists suggest the government simply wishes to limit its liability as it establishes the Nevada Test Site at nearby Yucca Mountain as a storage repository for hazardous nuclear waste. Those alleging an extraterrestrial conspiracy say instead that Yucca Mountain was chosen precisely so federal researchers could have unfettered access to its stored nuclear energy sources via a secret underground tunnel.

In any event, the government has argued that it cannot say anything about Area 51, and it has fought workers’ lawyers zealously in court to keep government documents about the site sealed.

Probably just a convenient screen to both (1) protect US military secrets and prototypes (non-alien) and (2) use the guise of "protecting national security" to prevent disclosure of documents that would open the floodgates for a shedload of juicy lawsuits running into millions of $$.

They should turn it into a Theme Park...

...and they probably will :rolleyes:

Niles ":cool:" Calder

ghost dog said:
Roswell, what were those strange characters on that I beam fragment? Erm, Chinease, or maybe even Russian anyone?

Chinese is very unlikely, given the state of Chinese technology at the time, and the Cyrilic alphabet looks close enough to the Latin to be recognised instantly as being man-made, even by the most paranoid hick.

That said, Area 51 is probably just a testing ground for all the new expensive but pointless toys that the US forces waste their taxpayer's money on. Things like the thoroughly pointless B2; any aircraft could do it's job, same goes for the F-117.
Perhaps the secrecy is so they can test the aircraft properly without being sued for breaking test pilots' fingernails.

i saw a thing on t.v. saying that if they had said it was a base that was used for testing aircraft, like the place skunkworks has, then people would have just shrugged it off like any other military base. also, i wonder if you could sneak in there. one of these days id like to get some commando gear and shit, try and get in there without a vehicle. i mean it'd be pretty hard for them to see one/a few guys in camo, or if at night in black, creepin though the desert :) maybe im young and hopefull, but i'd like to try.

re - kadingle

you'ed never make it. they have motion detectors -sniffers (smell ya) stuff you read in sci fi books, Also they have signs that warn"trespassers will be stopped with "deadly force"..nobody can get in that place unless invited, nobody.....on another subject..about area 51 --check out a recent book by Dale Brown, area 51 (dream land) all kinds of info..it came out last year..he's a former airforce officer.

I think what was in area 51 moved to another location in the early 90s after all the roswell x files publicity.

you would be thinking

UTAH.. home of donnie and marie osmond ..prayers to the "white salamanders",and haters of coffee . coke ,pepsie, mountain dew, beer (any alcholic beverage),tea (with any cafein)," and busy as bees!!":rolleyes:

kadingle said:
i saw a thing on t.v. saying that if they had said it was a base that was used for testing aircraft, like the place skunkworks has, then people would have just shrugged it off like any other military base. also, i wonder if you could sneak in there. one of these days id like to get some commando gear and shit, try and get in there without a vehicle. i mean it'd be pretty hard for them to see one/a few guys in camo, or if at night in black, creepin though the desert :) maybe im young and hopefull, but i'd like to try.

Night vision, and Heat sensers, if your going to try it wear a wet suit, with some forms of heat seeking devices it actually works :)

strangely

if your going to try it wear a wet suit

Hey! I read that in a book I'm reading at the mo!
Dreamland Chronicles by David Darlington.

I bet it's tricky to get anywhere once you're in there though. You've got the motion detectors which would be tripped off, then what would you do? Surely a person wandering the desert in a wetsuit would be immediately noticeable to the cammo dudes!

Hmmm... wonder if you could tunnel in undetected though.
:madeyes:

Chuck Clark a terrorist?
Begins:
Terrorism panic goes too far at Area 51

By George Knapp

Chuck Clark wasn't even home when law enforcement personnel assigned to the Joint Terrorism Task Force roared up to his rented trailer in tiny Rachel, Nev., the other day. He didn't know about the still-sealed search warrant until he returned from a road trip and found that his files, photos and computer had been seized.

"They didn't ransack the place. Overall, it was pretty professional," Clark says. "But it looks like they took a lot of stuff that wasn't covered in the warrant."

Is Chuck Clark a terrorist? In the world that existed before the attacks of 9-11, the answer would be no. These days, the answer is less clear. Is he a pain in the ass? There seems to be little doubt about that.

"Of course I'm a pain in the ass. I know it, and they know it, but I'm not a terrorist," he says.

Clark moved to Rachel about 10 years ago, drawn, in part, by the stories about a mysterious military base now known the world over as Area 51. Before 1989, few people outside Nevada had ever heard of the place. A series of TV news reports produced by this humble reporter in 1989 , rightly or wrongly, put Area 51 on the map. The reports included sensational allegations about Area 51 being home to spectacular technology, alien technology, some said.

In the ensuing years, almost every major news organization in the world has made a pit stop at Rachel. Thousands of print and broadcast news stories have been generated, along with documentaries, books, magazine features, websites, movie screenplays, TV dramas, songs, poems, T-shirts, bumper stickers, greeting cards, ashtrays, posters, refrigerator magnets, Christmas ornaments and conspiracy theories. There are bars named for Area 51. Rock bands, too.

Chuck Clark was as intrigued as everyone else. He retired from a job at a California observatory and moved to Rachel. He immediately fell in love with the wide open spaces, the rural lifestyle and the continuing mystery about a massive military facility that didn't really exist, according to the military. Armed with sophisticated cameras and long-range lenses, he began to document the true story of the nonexistent base. His daily desert forays and excellent photos were eventually compiled into a book.

Along the way, Clark has had numerous run-ins with base security. Unlike many of the gung-ho yahoos who wanted to violate the perimeter and ignore the ominous warning signs, Clark says he has always operated lawfully. He takes his photos from public land. He doesn't tell tall tales about E.T. commandos who abduct milk-carton kids for use in human-alien hybridization experiments. He doesn't claim to have personal knowledge of almond-eyed Martians cooking up earthlings in giant underground vats at Groom Lake or plots by the United Nations/New World Order to put us all in concentration camps.

Back in mid-May, he told me that security personnel at the base had been planting an unusual number of sophistcated sensors on obscure dirt roads that lead to the facility. The sensors are on public land, he said, several miles from the legally prescribed perimeter. It sounded intriguing.

In mid-June, your flawed but intrepid journalist asked Clark to demonstrate his claimed knowledge. It took him less than half an hour to pinpoint two of the devices, hidden under dirt and sagebrush at locations that were miles away from the posted border of the base. Using something called a frequency counter, he drove past the sensors, which triggered them, then pointed them out for the camera. He carefully brushed away the soil cover, described the devices, then covered them back up. He also warned us that security personnel were on the way.

Fifteen minutes later, as we were driving back toward Rachel, we encountered a duo of "Cammo Dudes" speeding toward us in an unmarked truck. They pulled off the dirt road, allowed us to pass, dutifully jotted down our license plate numbers, but didn't hassle us in any way. I asked Chuck afterward what the point was.

"It's overkill, in my opinion. They have a 25-mile buffer zone around the base. There's no way Al-Qaeda or anyone could get anywhere near the facility itself. But they put these things way out here on public land and they don't care if it's a camper or hunter or photographer or four-wheeler. There's a plane crash site up this road and a lot of people like to research those things. There are Native American archaeological sites too. Not everyone who comes out here is interested in the base, but if you drive up here, they send out these guys in trucks and they intimidate people. It's not right."

Put it this way--if they truly didn't want to attract a lot of attention to Area 51, they probably shouldn't have told the world that the base didn't exist. It's hard to imagine a response that could have attracted MORE attention. If they want to know why so many people are fascinated with the base, they should ask whatever Pentagon PR genius who first advised them to pretend the oft-photographed facility was only a mirage.

http://www.azdailysun.com/non_sec/nav_includes/story.cfm?storyID=73375

Document extends secrecy on Area 51 in southern Nevada

09/19/2003

CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) -- Invoking national security, President Bush has renewed an exemption allowing the Air Force to keep mum about top-secret operations at a southern Nevada base.
Bush's memorandum said it was of "paramount interest" to exempt the Groom Lake base about 90 miles north of Las Vegas from disclosing classified information.

Also known as Area 51, the mysterious base sits on a dry lake bed and is heavily patrolled. The area is in a no-fly zone.

The secrecy has fueled speculation about UFOs, aliens and other strange occurrences around Area 51. Residents of the nearby town of Rachel say the UFO talk began years ago when a Nevada Test Site worker claimed he saw alien ships there.

More on Chuck Clark:

Area 51 hackers dig up trouble

By Kevin Poulsen, SecurityFocus May 25 2004 1:03PM

To the Area 51 buffs who journey to the Nevada desert in the hopes of catching a glimpse of unexplained lights in the sky or to bask in the mythic allure of the region, 58-year-old Chuck Clark is almost as much a part of the local color as the Black Mailbox.

A resident of tiny Rachel, Nevada -- 100 miles north of Las Vegas along the Extraterrestrial Highway -- the amateur astronomer and author has spent years keeping an eye on the spot the government calls the "operating location near Groom Lake, Nevada." He's said to be a frequent presence at the Little A'Le'Inn, where you can purchase post cards and tee shirts, enjoy an "Alien Burger," and walk out with a copy of Clark's "Area 51 & S-4 Handbook" to guide you on your journey into the desert.

But this self-appointed military watchdog is harder to find these days: messages left for him at the Inn go unreturned, and his media appearances have dried up like Groom Lake itself. "I think he's really not as motivated to talk to the media anymore as he used to be," says friend and fellow base-watcher Joerg Arnu. The reason: it turns out the truth really was out there, and the government didn't appreciate Clark digging it up.

Clark didn't find the Roswell craft or an alien autopsy room -- in fact, while officially shrouded in secrecy, the 50-year-old base is generally believed to be dedicated to the terrestrial mission of testing classified aircraft. "The U2 spy plane, the SR-71, the F-117A stealth fighter, all were flight-tested out of the Groom Lake facility," says Steven Aftergood, director of the Federation of American Scientists' Project on Government Secrecy. The myth of Area 51 memorialized in films, T.V. shows and novels is a function of the secrecy that surrounds it. "It is a concrete manifestation of official secrecy at its most intense, and that invites a mixture of paranoia and speculative fantasy that has become ingrained in popular culture," says Aftergood.

Even without aliens, the facility has its secrets, and last year while roaming the desert outside the Groom Lake base Clark stumbled upon one of them: an electronic device packed in a rugged case and buried in the dirt. Marked "U.S. Government Property," the device turned out to be a wireless transmitter, connected by an underground cable to a sensor buried nearby next to one of the unpaved roads that vein the public land surrounding the base. Together, the units act as a surveillance system, warning someone -- somewhere -- whenever a vehicle drives down that stretch of road.

Similar devices had been spotted in the area in the early 90s, but they were crude and bulky, stashed in the bushes and easily spotted. They were later withdrawn. The new road sensors are more clandestine, given away only by a slender antenna poking up through the dirt. "They're very, very hard to find, because there's just this little wire, like a blade of grass," says Arnu.

Sniffing Out Surveillance

Arnu, a Las Vegas software engineer, has shared Clark's preoccupation with the Groom Lake base since 1999, when he made a trip to the area to see what all the fuss was about. "I thought, okay, I'll give it a try, see what's out there... A couple of days turned into a couple of weeks and before I knew it I started developing a website about Area 51," says Arnu.

So when Clark found the new generation of road sensor, Arnu drove out to help investigate further. The pair found that, at close range, they could use a handheld frequency counter to pick up the wireless signals given off by the devices as a car passes. Over the following month and half, Clark and Arnu engaged in a kind of geocaching game with the Men in Black, systematically sniffing out the road sensors with the frequency counter, exhuming them, and opening them up. They discovered that each device was coded with three-digit identifier that could be read off an internal dial, allowing Arnu to make a list that correlated each unit's I.D. number with its GPS coordinates, creating a virtual map of a portion of the surveillance network surrounding the Groom Lake facility. Some of the sensors were miles away from the base.

"We dug up about 30 or 40 of them on various access roads leading to the base on public land," Arnu says, insisting that he and Clark always carefully reburied each unit after logging it, and even tested it with the frequency counter to make sure it was still working before moving on to the next one.

Based on their survey, Clark and Arnu have estimated that there are between 75 and 100 sensors, on public land used by hikers and photographers in addition to curiosity seekers. "I think it is absolutely inappropriate," says Arnu. "You have to understand that people going out there-- not everybody is interested in Area 51... They track these tourists on public land going about their hobby."

When they'd gathered sufficient evidence that the Air Force was bugging the desert, Arnu and Clark revealed the road sensors on Arnu's website, Dreamland Resort, a forum and information site for Area 51 aficionados and the "Official Home Page of the world-famous Little A'Le'Inn." The reaction from the government was immediate, according to Arnu: the road sensors were fitted with a new feature aimed at better eluding detection. Now the transmitters would wait a minute or two before broadcasting an alarm, so that desert wardrivers are out of range before the transmission takes place -- at least, using relatively insensitive detection equipment like a frequency counter.

Undeterred by the innovation, in June of last year Clark led a news crew from Las Vegas' KLAS television station into the desert and showed them some of the road sensors.

The following week, according to the station's report, FBI and Air Force agents raided Clark's trailer home in Rachel, and carted off his computer, photographs and records. The next day, Arnu got a call at work from the FBI. "They demanded that I speak with them the very same day," he says.

The Case of the Missing Sensor

The investigation sparked something of a backlash in Nevada. The Las Vegas Review Journal editorialized against the FBI's tactics. In the Las Vegas Mercury, George Knapp, the newsman who filmed the KLAS segment, asked how far the government should be allowed to go in protecting the secret base. "If you or I accidentally kick one of these hidden transmitters, should the feds be able to seize our Macintosh and photos of Aunt Betty?" Arnu describes the probe as an intimidation tactic. "It didn't lead anywhere," says Arnu. "It was basically a dead-end from the beginning because we didn't break any law... We dug [the sensors] up without damaging them or destroying them."

But court documents unsealed earlier this year reveal that there was an unsolved mystery lurking around Groom Lake. It seems that a month prior to the raid, one of the road sensors went missing-- vanished, like an abductee pulled into a flying saucer.

The government didn't charge anyone with stealing U.S. property, but last December they charged Clark with a single count of interfering with a communications system used for the national defense. On March 12th, 2003 Clark allegedly obstructed, hindered and delayed "a signal from a mini intrusion device" located outside "the Nevada Test and Training Range" -- a reference to the government land that encompasses the Groom Lake site.

"He removed one," says Natalie Collins, a spokesperson for the U.S. Attorney's Office in Las Vegas. "It says that there, so it's fine for me to confirm that."

In a deal quietly reached with prosecutors last January, Clark agreed to "either locate and return the sensor removed on March 12, 2003 or pay restitution to the United States Air Force to replace the missing sensor." In exchange, the government agreed to suspend proceedings against Clark and to place him on a kind of probation called "pretrial diversion": if Clark goes a year without interfering with any of the road sensors, and doesn't otherwise break the law, the government will drop the felony charge.

Clark's phone number is unlisted, and he didn't respond to repeated messages left for him at the Little A'Le'Inn over the course of several months, and inquiries passed through Arnu. Clark's attorney also declined to return repeated phone calls on the case.

Arnu says his friend never told him about a missing sensor, or his agreement to return it. "I refuse to believe that Chuck would be stupid enough to remove one," says Arnu. "I know... that he agreed to lay low for a year." Clark's adventures near the most famously secret patch of real estate in the world appear to have pulled him beneath the very cloak of secrecy he poked and scratched at for so many years. He has, in a sense, become a part of Area 51.

http://www.securityfocus.com/news/8768

having just finshed "unearthly disclosure"(by t good) he mentions that area 51 has moved to Kwajalein.
Kwajalein is a island in the marshall island(4278 miles from the usa).this is because it is easy to keep people away (4278 miles)!.this would seem to make sense as area 51 has been quite recently.

i was wondering if anyone else had any more info on this ?

Any idea when it was moved? The father of a friend of mine went to Area 51 in Nevada for work purposes at the start of this year. I obviously can't probe him for questions about it as it was all hush hush.

Is this all working on the presumption that Area 51 deals with alleged UFO material, as well as 'black' military projects? I was wondering if this was hinting that the UFO stuff was being moved elsewhere.

It would be prudent of the US government to continue operating Area 51 even if they have moved operations elsewhere. It would act as a very handy decoy, if there is anything to decoy the public from...

according to the book"much of the research equipment and personnel had been secretly sneaked out right under the eyes of the snoopers"
i would think it would make sense to keep area 51 "open" .just so everyone keeps looking that way.if people keep looking at area 51 they won't look anywhere else.
but has anything new happened at area 51 lately.if it has not then where have they gone ?.

Doesn't this seem a bit illogical. If in fact there is something to area 51 then the marshall Islands are a terrible choice to re-locate. It would be complete stupidity to fly experimental craft out over the ocean. Also spy ships and planes would legally be able to circle the test area. If there was a problem all would be lost. They hide this technology for 50 plus years and then up and fly it out over the ocean?

They might have moved into underground facilities for other testing but I really doubt any special aircraft have come with them.

Back