• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Batman Begins

The Chinese must be pissed about that. Waiting a hundred years to get it back from the British only to have the Japanese steal it from them.

You can see on the photos that the Joker´s whiteness is just painted on. That is not at all how it is meant to be. Does this mean no chemical bath for him?

2079985405_7c3c8a75ee_o.jpg

2079985289_aeca865640_o.jpg

See? Told you! Nineteen-eighties New Romantic, only with better skin, nicer hair, and more competently applied makeup.

barfing_pumpkin said:
See? Told you! Nineteen-eighties New Romantic, only with better skin, nicer hair, and more competently applied makeup.
Ah yes! I was trying to think where I'd seen him before:

cure.jpg

No chemical bath for the Joker, Batman on a monkey bike and that "actor" as Harvey Dent. I´m starting to worry.

i'm not sure about the greasepaint either... though he looks like a very sleezy, dangerous joker... so maybe it'll work out...

He does seem more psychopath than trickster which is good.

Well, on the one hand he looks like some mad guy who's spent all of two minutes slapping a bit of face paint on before sallying forth to wreak mayhem. Which I guess is what the Joker would really look like in the real world. On the other hand, he looks like some mad guy who's spent all of two minutes slapping a bit of face paint on...

Maybe the pictures will seem better once I see them moving.

I like the fact that the make up is smeared. I don´t imagine a psychopath like Joker would sit and patiently apply it each morning. However the white is meant to be his skin, not just paint like here. Otherwise he really is just a psychopath with paint on.

thanks for sharing that megadeth. i can feel my breakfast trying to escape now! :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7506695.stm

bits here on the new york premier of the new batman movie, and clips of the joker with sound (somehow i never clicked before that the other trailer doesn't seem to feature the joker speaking, and i think i'm starting to see why)

there's something about his voice, black eye makeup and hunched posture that keeps reminding me of uncle fester :(

Uncle Fester would never be as nasty as The Joker! But yeah, I wonder that even without what we know about Ledger's untimely demise, The Dark Knight might be two hours of solid gloom without benefit of humour or good cheer.

People are saying Heath might get a posthumous Oscar for this. I'm not so sure.

Saw this last night, definitely a worthy sequel to 'Begins'. However it did feel frenetic at times,

**big spoilers**

especially the last third of the movie, with the introduction of Two-Face, as well as the Hong Kong sequence. There was a bit too much in Gordon's final scene speech, reminded me of the overly comic-book feeling dialogue in the Spider Man films. Also I felt shortchanged in a way that neither of the boats blew each other up - if the civilian one had chosen to destroy the criminal one, it would have emphasized even more the sense of hopelessness at the end, as well as paralleling Dent's turn to darkness.

Otherwise it was amazing, a lot of jaw dropping action sequences and of course Heath Ledger stole the film. From the pencil moment on I was sold on him. One thing I didn't really pick up on was, why was the Scarecrow using a gang of Batman lookalikes?

Thank you somuch for bloody spoiling it for me and it not out until the 24th in the uk :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Well, he did warn you... I've changed the text colour, anyway*.

*Actually, PM's improved on my initial handiwork - the spoiler is there, I promise!

My profuse apologies megadeth, God knows I deliberately stayed away from the trailers and online message boards before watching the film. If its any consolation there are plenty of other fascinating plot developments for you to see.

If I could make a suggestion to the mods, maybe post a sticky thread explaining how the spoiler tag works in this section?

Done it now - though I've gone more into the whys and wherefores of spoilers themselves, and linked over to your colour post.

Back