• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
If these are under running water why havent they eroded away?
Depends on the hardness of the stone itself, and whether it was just the more gentle lapping sides of the river water.

Last edited:
If these are under running water why havent they eroded away?

Maybe it was slow-moving water, more like a lake or swamp?

They look suspiciously modern to me.
My first thought when I saw them was that they looked like child's drawings, and quite modern. The definite single up curving line for a smile, 2 dots for the eyes. I could imagine these pictures done by my grandson and held onto the front of my fridge with magnets.

Most ancient carvings that I know of show either geometric shapes (spirals, cup and ring markings, swastika-like shapes) or animals, hunting scenes, and that type of thing. Just a load of faces with no pattern or purpose seems strange.

As for erosion: there are two ways this can happen underwater.

One is abrasion caused by particles carried in the water. This is a river which will flood and recede seasonally, and when it is in flood, it will carry particulates in suspension.

The other is by parts of the rock being dissolved. This will happen whether the water is flowing fast or slow.

The edges of those images look too sharply defined for them to have been underwater 2,000 years.

As a former scuba diver who spent many hours underwater in fresh and saltwater, I know there are very few straight lines and sharply defined edges underwater.

The face in the middle of the top row (top relative to the picture) does bear an unfortunate resemblance to a Cyberman.

face4.jpg
cyber.jpg

They look suspiciously modern to me.
^this^

There is also a heart etched into the rock (between two of the faces). It is the way we draw hearts. I have my suspicions about the age and origin.

Human faces sculpted into stone up to 2,000 years ago have appeared on a rocky outcropping along the Amazon river after the water levels dropped to record lows.

The new carvings were revealed during the region’s worst drought in more than a century.

TELEMMGLPICT000354184241_16981462794660_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpVlberWd9EgFPZtcLiMQf0Rf_Wk3V23H2268P_XkPxc.jpeg

There is also a heart etched into the rock (between two of the faces). It is the way we draw hearts. I have my suspicions about the age and origin.

You are assuming it's a heart. The people analysing this stuff start from not recognising any of the markings. Otherwise you get ancient middle americans holding tv remotes etc etc etc :)

Eerie trio of alien-like ‘humanoid figures with giant heads’ found painted in African cave

A cave painting that has been dated back several hundred years includes unknown figures that look like they could possibly be alien-like.

The figures have long bodies and giant heads with skinny arms and fingers leaving archaeologists to believe they may not be fully humans or animals.

SC-Cave-Aliens-Comp-copy.jpg

The painting was discovered in 2018 at the Swaga Swaga Game Reserve in central Tanzania, East Africa on a site named Amak'hee 4, according to a 2019 paper by Archaeologist Maciej Grzelczyk of the Jagiellonian University in Poland.

It is believed that the painting is from hunter-gatherer societies in the region.

It displays a group of what looks like a wildebeest, elands, buffalo, and even a giraffe – and then three human-like figures.

"Particularly noteworthy among the Amak'hee 4 paintings is a scene that centers around three images," Grzelczyk wrote in his 2021 paper.

"In this trio, the figures seem to feature stylized buffalo heads."

https://www.the-sun.com/tech/9726577/alien-like-figures-giant-heads-painted-african-cave/

maximus otter

Eerie trio of alien-like ‘humanoid figures with giant heads’ found painted in African cave

A cave painting that has been dated back several hundred years includes unknown figures that look like they could possibly be alien-like.

The figures have long bodies and giant heads with skinny arms and fingers leaving archaeologists to believe they may not be fully humans or animals.

SC-Cave-Aliens-Comp-copy.jpg

The painting was discovered in 2018 at the Swaga Swaga Game Reserve in central Tanzania, East Africa on a site named Amak'hee 4, according to a 2019 paper by Archaeologist Maciej Grzelczyk of the Jagiellonian University in Poland.

It is believed that the painting is from hunter-gatherer societies in the region.

It displays a group of what looks like a wildebeest, elands, buffalo, and even a giraffe – and then three human-like figures.

"Particularly noteworthy among the Amak'hee 4 paintings is a scene that centers around three images," Grzelczyk wrote in his 2021 paper.

https://www.the-sun.com/tech/9726577/alien-like-figures-giant-heads-painted-african-cave/

maximus otter

Also reported by Science Alert. We shouldn't discount the possibility that this is evidence of contact with Cromerians.

In 2018, archaeologists made a staggering discovery in Swaga Swaga Game Reserve in central Tanzania: 52 previously undocumented rock shelters, deliberately painted with rock art. Weathering had mostly destroyed all but a handful; but of those that were preserved, one was an absolute enigma.

The site, named Amak'hee 4, was elaborately painted with a frieze of figurative art - including three mysterious, anthropomorphic figures with extremely oversized heads.

These could be, according to archaeologist Maciej Grzelczyk of the Jagiellonian University in Poland, a clue to figuring out what other, similar trios of figures found in other rock art panels might be.

The Amak'hee 4 panel is difficult to date, but Grzelczyk was able to gauge that it's at least a few hundred years old.

It's painted almost entirely in red pigment, except for five figures in white.

The weathering on this pigment, and the absence of domestic animals, suggests that it's fairly old, dating back to the time of hunter-gatherer societies in the region.

https://www.sciencealert.com/creepy...s-found-painted-in-a-rock-shelter-in-tanzania

I was raised on my dad's Erich von Däniken collection (Chariots of the Gods?, Gold of the Gods, Miracles of the Gods, Bandwagon of the Gods, Again with the Gods etc), and so I've no doubt that these creatures were the insect-headed teachers of humankind.

In Australia have recourse to the examples shown. We know the big headed skinny Fella as Quinkin. We also have Gwion Gwion art (Bradshaw.) which was originally disowned(?) by Those artists that were asked about them.

I reckon that it's all strange when it's an unknown culture, and it pays not to impose our perceptions onto them.

1701216012255.jpeg

Quinkin - this fellow lives in rock and is said to be benign.

1701216108657.jpeg

A reproduction by an English explorer of the 1880's.

1701216198297.png

And 4 Wandjinas painted by recent Fellows. Wandjinas are Rain Spirits up North where they get the 'Wet'. They have no mouth to prevent them from making more rain (as told to me).

1701216627948.jpeg

Wonder if there's any evidence of substances which cause ayahuasca-type visions? I'm thinking particularly, in reference to the images above, of the kind of hybrid creatures/beings seen in ayahuasca 'revelations'.
They would Steve, I reckon. Isn't The Kalahari Bush Men known for their use of psychtropics? I know that our First Nation here in Australia use Pituri, (Duboisia hopwoodi), which they activate with the ashes of an Acacia bush to achieve a 'buzz' from.

In saying that, the mythology/cosmogenesis/archetypes that prevail are quite bizarre to us whitefella without the need of psychoactive agents.

I think, as you've outlined earlier, what may appear exotic and deeply strange to us might actually be considered merely matter-of-fact to First Nations people, mate. :)

A cave painting that has been dated back several hundred years includes unknown figures that look like they could possibly be alien-like...

maximus otter
Gad. I hate it when media dummifies information.

I would think that the painting is possibly a depiction of a ritual prior to, or a celebration following a successful hunt.

People have always donned animal skins to keep themselves hidden from the animals they hunt or to portray them when celebrating the hunt.

Aliens. Pah. Clickbait annoys me.:rolleyes:

In early Australian Aboriginal culture, a Woman would remove a little finger phalange when Mourning for a family member - I don't know if this is the case elsewhere.

In early Australian Aboriginal culture, a Woman would remove a little finger phalange when Mourning for a family member - I don't know if this is the case elsewhere.

that rings a bell. My memory isn't Australia, it's South America, I think?

that rings a bell. My memory isn't Australia, it's South America, I think?
Isn't there some kind of DNA connection with some people of The America's, with Australian First Nation? I think that I saw an article on similarities in the Graundian...

Isn't there some kind of DNA connection with some people of The America's, with Australian First Nation? I think that I saw an article on similarities in the Graundian...

I hadn't heard! *head explodes with possibilities* :twothumbs:

WHAT ARE YOU LIKE?????????? :itslove:
Well, if you travel through this country of ours you'll meet all sorts of people - mainly First Nation and First Nation ancestors...anyway, I've noticed ethnic physiology along the way that gets you thinking about origins.

Hair is an indicator - there is dead straight, wavy, and curly with really tight curls in Tasmania. In the top of Western Australia, there are red haired children and blond haired children which is supposed to come from Dutch seaman that were marooned on the shores of Australia from the 1600's. Noses too alter depending which 'Country' you're travelling through.

According to a certain Anthropologist, (Mulvaney), there have been three waves coming into Australia over the last 60,000 years which I reckon can be correlated to the Glacial era's - there are myths of when it was much colder, dryer and when the Ocean levels dropped...so...

So the last wave was about 6,000 years ago I reckon - they're the Fella's that brought the Dingo with them, this is confirmed with the fact that there are no dingo's in Tasmania which was cast adrift from the mainland some time after the younger dryass.

If we've had succesive waves of Migration into Australia since at least 60,000 years, then maybe it stands to reason that a Mob split up somewhere around the Sub Continent and one half went North-east, while the others went South.

I suppose that if this is the case, then they got across the Bering Strait and they followed the Coastline south - the result being a common ancestor with some of the inhabitants of South America, and the Australian Aborigine.

BUT THEN...there are the travels of the Early Maori in their fleet of Wakas (very large outrigger canoes) that traversed the Pacific Ocean, leaving Chickens in South America with a recognised DNA, and maybe taking in a swap, red sweet potato (Kumara) which interestingly, the Coastal South Americans also call Kumara...Whose to say that The Maori Fleet, at one time didn't pull into the large Island (Australia), and say to a few Locals (Australian Aborigine). 'KIORA Cussy Bro, fancy a quick sail across the Oceans to sites unknown?'

Who is to say...All we know is that certain peoples of South American origins have a common ancestor with Australian First Nation that is indicated in their DNA.

This is all my my conjecture Frides, but I'm always having an ear to the ground for Papers, that can confirm, in a small way, my thoughts.

P.S. Merry Christmas Possum to you and Yours, and a very fruitful New Year.

Back