• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Conspiracy Theorists Think The Eclipse Will Begin A 'Massive Human Sacrifice Event'

Here's a conspiracy theory about the conspiracy theorists,
I think in many cases they are out to cause harm to those
gullible enough to believe what they say.

:omr:
Some of them are probably grifters, who will make money out of sensationalist videos, books and public appearances.

I'm interested in what happens now? It's the 08 April and the world is still here, everything continuing as normal - what do they say? What do they do? Go quiet and mumble for a bit and then find a new conspiracy? How do they explain the lack of the end of the world?

I'm interested in what happens now? It's the 08 April and the world is still here, everything continuing as normal - what do they say? What do they do? Go quiet and mumble for a bit and then find a new conspiracy? How do they explain the lack of the end of the world?
It's OK, they've got another six and a half hours before they are proven wrong.

So here, we will experience the unholy full eclipse. The OPP (Ontario Provincial Police) have advised people to not wear the eclipse glasses while driving. FFS. How stupid and spoon-fed have people become?

And, yes even I have heard the rumblings about the (in)significance of an earthquake in New York and a full solar eclipse.

These last few days, I can't even keep up with the number of eye rolls I've had concerning all of this.

As they always do - oh, we calculated the date wrong.:clap:

Anyone for a morning after party?:cool:

They’ll do what they always do and move the goal posts. Another date will be chosen and the grift repeats.

The cloud cleared with moments to go and we had an unobstructed view for whole event.
Rub it in why not!!

In June 1954 we had a fairly big but not total eclipse here in the UK. The sun was about 75% covered enough to experience the eerie light and the animals going quiet. We were all looking forward to it no special glasses were available so Mum was smoking glass over a candle, several attempts as she kept breaking it. Another trick was a photo negative that was mostly black only we didn't have one of those, so us kids made do with looking at its reflection in a bucket of water. The day is etched deeply in my memory as a magical experience.

Now I was four years old and had just assumed that this was going to be a regular occurence throughout the rest of my life. Well if I'd been rich enough to travel I suppose it might have been but as it was I had to make do with waiting until 1999. I'd been so looking forward to it and booked the day off work a year in advance!

Double damn and bloody blast it. I have never hated clouds so much as I have that day. Where I was in Wales it was total cloud cover. I kept hoping it would thin if only a little bit but no. Of course the next day if was total blue sky. I was beyond gutted!

So to hear those bloody conspiracy theorists fear mongering is really pissing me off!

Why are these lunatics so obsessed with Nineveh?

Do they never Tyre?
I expect they are fed up with the Quinquireme, with it's cargo of luxury goods, taking so long to get there from distant Ophir.

I'd forgotten about where old Jonah was meant to be going, Nineveh is linked in my mind with the John Masefield poem, one of the few I can remember from school days lol. It keeps coming into my mind lately mainly, for obvious reasons because of the second line.

Quinquireme of Nineveh from distant Ophir,
Rowing home to haven in sunny Palestine,
With a cargo of ivory,
And apes and peacocks,
Sandalwood, cedarwood, and sweet white wine.

When we had a partial eclipse a few years back in the Midlands, we all went outside to watch it. Dev burning discs were a popular option for viewing. I went into reception and took a shot through glass. The resulting lens flares were shaped like crescents.

Courtesy someone here in Cleveland I follow on Facebook. The lake is north of the city.

436450886_907184014748473_6962919236233379083_n.jpg

436419804_907184078081800_6483523990909981555_n.jpg

436349195_907184388081769_9009488712106134536_n.jpg

So, how's the mass human sacrificing and the end of civilisation going over there, across the pond?

All's good here, although I only managed a bacon sandwich and a V-sign behind the postie's back so far.

So, how's the mass human sacrificing and the end of civilisation going over there, across the pond?

All's good here, although I only managed a bacon sandwich and a V-sign behind the postie's back so far.
I've started cracking open my neighbors skulls and feasting on the goo inside.

/dont knock it until you've tried it
// tasty tasty goo

Wasn't Raptured, sorry.

I do have a bit of a headache. Does that count?

That looks like a snow globe for people who have mortgaged any meaningful application of the lessons of Christ on this earth against the outside chance of appearing in a scene from ET when none of it matters any more.

Minus the bicycles, of course. They won't need a flying bike to get to paradise. Just a fucking miracle.

In the Vale of York, in 1833, (middle of nowhere) a Methodist woman declared she was going to be Raptured on August 1st to prove that god existed and people made it a sort of cynical, hilarious, giant picnic. A couple thousand flocked to a very small village and made it a sort of fun day trip, to file past her before she died. Juries brought in verdicts quickly that day, in town, so they could get there in time to watch her die. Reading the contemporary accounts, nobody except for a handful of swivel-eyed acolytes, took her seriously, (and few things are more aggressively cynical than pre-Victorian newspapers) but loads of people made money off the back of the massive beanfeast - and of course, the appointed hour came, as she embarrassingly survived. The papers had a field day.

She had to go back to her day to day life after the brief fame/shame and disappeared back into nearby York, but briefly she had a following and did con some people out of some money. They even made a waxwork of her in the months that followed - which hit the news when some drunk soldier attacked it.

Last edited:
Back