• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Conspiracy Theories & Claims

The official name for the vaccine was 'something, something, something, novel experimental vaccine'. The trial started with the first vaccinations and carried on until October 2023.

Vaccines generally go through trials for 7 to 10 years so the vaccine did not go through the same procedure of approval as nearly all other vaccines.

The various phases of clinical trial are done one at a time for reason. They cut short that process that is the industry standard. The vaccine was tested for 8 weeks. That's hardly time enough to evaluate long term side effects.

Now the Astra Zeneca vaccine has been pulled because of proven blood clotting side effects with 81 people.

I can guarantee that is the tip of the iceberg.
And it's old news... to people who actually listened the first time. That line of discourse started day one of the supposed "cure" being pushed out. It was one of the things most heavily quashed in the early 'ministry of truth" campaigns. they wanted people to think the shots were safe, thus anyone who pointed out they were (functionally) untested was silenced.

If they pay for the blue check and are a prominent account, they will still have significant attention paid. It seems to be a hub of political-based chatter. Not all platforms are like that. Political chatter is not what I'd like to see, but I can understand why it's popular. The clientele at X continues to degrade, so I'm not sure speaking to that crowd is very useful - they talk and argue but don't listen and understand. Also, I still see a lot of tweets used as a basis for news stories (which is disappointing and pretty lazy) so people are still seeing content even if they don't have an account there. The problem is that bad information gets amplified on such platforms, especially considering the issues with content moderation on that site. To roll this back to the topic, during COVID, social media was lousy with bad information that was amplified. And we are seeing it happen with every subsequent hot button topic since. Dangerous stuff.

Here's a lengthy tweet thread from a reluctant Blue Tick. I think you might find it interesting.

Last edited:
Now the Astra Zeneca vaccine has been pulled because of proven blood clotting side effects with 81 people.
That statement is not wholly true as per this article:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/astra-zeneca-covid-vaccine-1.7198111

While there may have been some blood clotting issues, this remained an uncommon side effect and this specific effect did not have as serious ramifications to the population as a whole as if there was no vaccine.

It is no longer being distributed nor produced because the original vaccine is now outdated.

And it's old news... to people who actually listened the first time. That line of discourse started day one of the supposed "cure" being pushed out. It was one of the things most heavily quashed in the early 'ministry of truth" campaigns. they wanted people to think the shots were safe, thus anyone who pointed out they were (functionally) untested was silenced.
Vaccinations have never cured diseases. They prevent either the person from getting a disease or help to lessen symptoms of a disease. The covid vaccine manufacturers and others never claimed "cure".

What I think happened was that there was so much information coming in and people trying to figure out what was relevant to their own wellbeing that this small detail got lost.

People generally hope that a cure will be found for diseases.

Look at the resurgence of measles, which until recently was not a common ailment due to high vaccination rates. This has happened because of the covid times which put all childhood vaccinations on hold. There is a measles vaccine, but it does not cure measles. It is preventative.

Diseases can die out due to high vaccination rates, but the vaccine per se does not cause this.

That statement is not wholly true as per this article:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/astra-zeneca-covid-vaccine-1.7198111

While there may have been some blood clotting issues, this remained an uncommon side effect and this specific effect did not have as serious ramifications to the population as a whole as if there was no vaccine.

It is no longer being distributed nor produced because the original vaccine is now outdated.
I believe you could be possibly right or at least partially correct. There seems to be a lot of muddle and confusion as to whether the European Medicines Agency withdrew the AstraZeneca license (on May 7th, I think) because the vaccine was either no longer viable or outdated, or because of the possibility of blood clots and potentially other vaccine injuries and deaths becoming known about.

The main stream media, that is 100% totally pro vaccine and won't allow any other voice to be heard, state one thing and the alternative media state it is because AstraZeneca know they are sitting on a time bomb and are doing a damage limitation exercise.

That the license has been withdrawn though, that is beyond any doubt.

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/docume...eneca-epar-all-authorised-presentation_en.pdf

Just out of interest, HEK 293, human embryonic kidney, comes from the kidneys of aborted fetuses (which is another whole can of worms in itself).

This video may shed some light on things, for some at least. 13 mins long. To be found on Rumble only and no where else for censorship reasons.

AstraZeneca FINALLY Admits The Truth About Its COVID Vaccine​

I think the tittle is a bit misleading.

https://rumble.com/v4u5p13-astrazeneca-finally-admits.html

Vaccinations have never cured diseases. They prevent either the person from getting a disease or help to lessen symptoms of a disease. The covid vaccine manufacturers and others never claimed "cure".

What I think happened was that there was so much information coming in and people trying to figure out what was relevant to their own wellbeing that this small detail got lost.

People generally hope that a cure will be found for diseases.

Look at the resurgence of measles, which until recently was not a common ailment due to high vaccination rates. This has happened because of the covid times which put all childhood vaccinations on hold. There is a measles vaccine, but it does not cure measles. It is preventative.

Diseases can die out due to high vaccination rates, but the vaccine per se does not cause this.
Ah yes, quibbling about semantics rather than addressing the issue. This "treatment" was never safe for any reason, and has been shown to not only not prevent infection, but not prevent transmission, and it's questionable if it even makes you less likely to die. So your Measles analogy... fails utterly. What good is a "preventative".... that doesn't?

So, given the coverage, why aren't we all dead?

Catastrophism and lack of nuance :(
Yeah "lack of nuance" is a great way to describe what you just said.

Being "unsafe" doesn't mean it'll kill you. It MIGHT, but it's not a given. It's like with Lead paint... it's bad for your health... but you need a lot of exposure to have any serious issues with it. Would you say Lead Paint is fine just because you didn't die immediately when exposed?

Would you say Lead Paint is fine just because you didn't die immediately when exposed?

Not comparing like with like :)

Edit to add: My comment was brief because it ties in directly to the discussion up thread. The discussion we are now taking part in. I can certainly filibuster and pad every post but I don;t believe that's how this place works. Please advise @marhawkman

Last edited:
York University research suggests vaccination creates a significant reduction in the risk of developing long covid...

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0163834324000392

As 1.9 million people in the UK are currently struggling with LC and many of those working age, it has implications for continuing a vaccination programme amongst the working age population.

This study was pretty comprehensive - sample size essentially over 41,000 subjects, research pulled from a number of countries. Study is also looking into brain fog and the mental health issues that can be part and parcel of LC.

A quick intro to it here:

https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/news...g-covid/?feed_id=559&_unique_id=663ba98073983

Not comparing like with like :)

Edit to add: My comment was brief because it ties in directly to the discussion up thread. The discussion we are now taking part in. I can certainly filibuster and pad every post but I don;t believe that's how this place works. Please advise @marhawkman
Indeed. AZ was already outpaced by the variants anyway and as a more traditional type of vaccine, not comparable to the later, MRNA vaccines. (As I know you'll know, Frides but remarking on this for the posters who may be confusing AZ with the others).

Yeah "lack of nuance" is a great way to describe what you just said.

Being "unsafe" doesn't mean it'll kill you. It MIGHT, but it's not a given. It's like with Lead paint... it's bad for your health... but you need a lot of exposure to have any serious issues with it. Would you say Lead Paint is fine just because you didn't die immediately when exposed?
Truth is, any vaccination or drug has side effects and risks and those need to be weighed against the benefits. Lead paint is a false equivalence as the same amount of exposure would do the same damage to anyone. A vaccine is harmless for the vast majority of people who take the decision to have it. And has no effect on those who elect to not have it. I had no choice about exposure to lead in the 1960s as a baby but I do have a choice re. whether to use a vacc or not.

In my fourth year of Long Covid (caught from the original Wuhan strain which seems to have had the most devastating results in terms of people left with LC). And vaccination - not an option in March 2020 when I fell ill - appears to be offering some protection against LC (see my post above). So, weighing the risks, I'd still opt for vaccination rather than live the proscribed, miserable life I have for the past 4 years. There's so much stuff I'll never do again that I did all the time before March 2020.

Post vacc, even when people are getting LC they seem to be getting it milder and in some cases reversing it (anecdotally, from all I'm seeing on LC online Groups). I'd take some kind of normality over this, any day of the week. As with all things, YMMV.

Last edited:
Ah yes, quibbling about semantics rather than addressing the issue. This "treatment" was never safe for any reason, and has been shown to not only not prevent infection, but not prevent transmission, and it's questionable if it even makes you less likely to die. So your Measles analogy... fails utterly. What good is a "preventative".... that doesn't?
If you think that I was talking semantics, then perhaps you need to clarify what you mean by “cure”. I was giving an example of another vaccine which is effective but does not cure. So in effect, my analogy does not “fail miserably”. I have heard people argue (not just here) that the vaccine did not cure the disease in the sense of looking for a cure. And the vaccines were never said to be cures. Though maybe there were different messages in different countries? That I wouldn’t know. In Canada, I never heard that they would cure COVID.

Pausing briefly to remind all participants to please keep the discussion civil, I will add my own small point:

A lot of people were speaking well above their pay-grades during the pandemic, and, moreover, it was at times far from clear when elected officials were communicating medical findings and when they were spinning information in order to cajole the public into acting in a way deemed sensible.

Prominent journalists and their news agencies further muddied the waters by playing fast and loose with language and blurring the line between pharmaceutical/pathological terminology and the demotic. The medical authorities and drug companies could have made very much clearer proclamations to correct these aberrations (especially concerning the risk of most people faced from the disease and the risks of taking the vaccine), but it looks now as if they were too concerned about the danger of spooking a sensitive and scientifically-challenged public and thus reducing take-up rates for a voluntary vaccination.

Those totemic phrases: flattening the curve, reducing infection, achieving herd-immunity, ending the pandemic and transitioning to endemicity seemed to morph into one another as they waxed and waned in currency with inadequately clear definitions of what they meant, how they would be achieved and how we'd know when we reached them.

I am not a scientist or even a student of science, but I'm able to follow logical arguments and am tolerably numerate; even with that caveat, I consider that I was misled to some degree by both my government (and another one!) and the media--and I perhaps laboured under omission-based illusions courtesy of the medical authorities.

Perhaps the most important question is whether my having been so served a greater good.

Possibly, but I'm unsure.

So, given the coverage, why aren't we all dead?

Catastrophism and lack of nuance :(
A lot of people are dead. Have you noticed the increase in 'sudden deaths' in the news? Or the massive increase of heart attacks with professional sportsmen? Or the number of children suffering heart attacks, etc?

A lot of people are dead. Have you noticed the increase in 'sudden deaths' in the news? Or the massive increase of heart attacks with professional sportsmen? Or the number of children suffering heart attacks, etc?

I'm looking for serious research which eliminates factors such as media-creating-fear-for-sales, selective perception and the rest.

May well be there, but I haven't come across it.

Can we go back to Mail Online?

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...y-theories-claims.66849/page-128#post-2345668

Or the massive increase of heart attacks with professional sportsmen? Or the number of children suffering heart attacks, etc?
This is definitely something noteworthy. I don't know if that increase has happened before.

But weren't the Moderna and the Pfizer-Biontech vaccines pulled long before Astra Zeneca though?
The only case I know of in our family of a blood clot was apparently as a direct result of the Pfizer vaccine.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pre...-simplify-use-bivalent-mrna-covid-19-vaccines
I'm getting lost. The news that AstraZeneca is discontinuing its distribution of its covid vaccine is recent and is happening due to the changing virus (vaccine no longer as effective) as well as monetary reasons.

Afaik, Moderna and Pfizer have newer versions. So what did they pull? Their original formulas?

I'm getting lost. The news that AstraZeneca is discontinuing its distribution of its covid vaccine is recent and is happening due to the changing virus (vaccine no longer as effective) as well as monetary reasons.

Afaik, Moderna and Pfizer have newer versions. So what did they pull? Their original formulas?
Yes, I believe so.

Yeah Covid-19 death reporting is pretty aggressive and has famously included people who definitely didn't die OF Covid-19.... and yet many areas have a lot of "excess deaths" NOT attributable to Covid-19 at all.

I haven’t noticed a massive increase of heart attacks in professional sportsmen & having done my own research, haven’t found any evidence either. It happens but seems pretty rare.

Children can also have heart attacks but again, seems extremely rare.

I haven’t noticed a massive increase of heart attacks in professional sportsmen & having done my own research, haven’t found any evidence either. It happens but seems pretty rare.

Children can also have heart attacks but again, seems extremely rare.
Conspiracy theorists have published 'evidence' of sportsmen and women dying after receiving a vaccine. In some instances the person in question died quite some time before covid appeared.

Yeah Covid-19 death reporting is pretty aggressive and has famously included people who definitely didn't die OF Covid-19.... and yet many areas have a lot of "excess deaths" NOT attributable to Covid-19 at all.
Is it partly due to people having no healthcare access for almost three years? People couldn't see doctors, all testing was postponed. People lived with serious health issues with little access to care (other than sick enough to be admitted to hospital).

It is why we are having the resurgence of measles.

Is it partly due to people having no healthcare access for almost three years? People couldn't see doctors, all testing was postponed. People lived with serious health issues with little access to care (other than sick enough to be admitted to hospital).

It is why we are having the resurgence of measles.
Well, one article I read actually had a compilation... and... it did have a significant increase in the sort of ongoing issues that needed regular checkups. But also had an unusually large number of "unknown" cause deaths, that just... didn't have any explanation.

Which is interesting since... due to the aggressive nature of Covid death counting... people who died of complications of diabetes while they were infected with Covid... would often get marked down in the "covid" bin, not unknown or excess deaths.

Well, one article I read actually had a compilation... and... it did have a significant increase in the sort of ongoing issues that needed regular checkups. But also had an unusually large number of "unknown" cause deaths, that just... didn't have any explanation.

Which is interesting since... due to the aggressive nature of Covid death counting... people who died of complications of diabetes while they were infected with Covid... would often get marked down in the "covid" bin, not unknown or excess deaths.
But, my understanding could be wrong, do most deaths not get a very specific cause of death because they are not autopsied? A death certificate is usually the only document that labels COD and this is just a doctor that fills out the form, not a formal investigation. Only those autopsied have a coroner identifying the actual cause.

Back