• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Corpse Mishandling

Suicidal people are psychotic. They are not in any mental state to consider the feelings of others.

escargot1 said:
Suicidal people are psychotic. They are not in any mental state to consider the feelings of others.

I don't think I've ever seen a statement that is so wrong, using so few words.

BlackRiverFalls said:
Shut it, Pluck.

Hey, you're indignant enough to ignore me, wind your neck in and ignore me. You want to engage with me, fine, be big enough to take me off your shit list and debate the point.

It's not only ludicrous, but offensive, to suggest that all people who are suicidal/have considered suicide/committed suicide are 'psychotic' - this is self-evident, in my view, and deserves redress. I find the post frustrating, especially from someone with as much sense as Escargot normally posts with.

If someone is going to post inanities like that, they should be prepared to be called out on it....like liveinabin1 was, which, still smarting from being called out for their inanity on another thread, is why I imagine we see this solidarity.

Psychosis is a loss of contact with reality that usually includes:

False beliefs about what is taking place or who one is (delusions)

Seeing or hearing things that aren't there (hallucinations)

from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002520/

A belief that you and or the world would be a better place with you not in it is a false belief. I've been there.

A belief that you and or the world would be a better place with you not in it is a false belief.

It's a ludicrous proposition, so ludicrous it's hardly worth bothering pointing out how obviously wrong this position is.

For a start, false belief? Who says? Who gets to make that call? If Hitler would have considered suicide in 1936, would the world have been a better place for it? Besides, what is reality if not perception? What makes your belief any more real than the person considering suicide? Who says people kill themselves for the benefit of you or the world anyway?

My sister killed herself at 27, 15 years after being raped. She simply didn't want to live anymore and she wrote me a very measured and considered letter, telling me how sorry she was but she didn't want to live anymore. She absolutely had considered my - our - feelings and she was lucid and not remotely divorced from reality. In fact, I'd say she was as close to reality as it's possible to get at that point, and no-one going to stand in front of me and tell me that my little sis was psychotic, not unless they no longer want to keep their teeth.

Hemingway killed himself as he felt like he'd reached a point where his best days were over, and he'd had enough. Simple as. He wasn't making some statement about bettering the world by leaving it, he just didn't want to be here.

Terminally iil people kill themselves to save themselves pain and suffering. You want to argue false belief and reality with someone who has only pain and suffering to look forward to?

Need I go on? While I accept that some people breakdown and take their lives in moments that could fit the psychosis definition, there are many more situations where suicide is a considered, measured decision, taken with absolute regard to reality.

A blanket statement saying that ' all suicidal people are psychotic' is a ridiculous position to take, end of story.

Sergeant_Pluck I totally agree, for many people who take their own lives, they have thought it out & decided on that. Some might be uncomfortable with that idea, but it's just how it is.

I did say "and or", I'm sorry that your sister died. It seems she felt that she would be better off dead. My post was very clumsy. I meant to say that a belief that you would be better dead or that the world would be a better place is a false belief. I'm not saying that she was weak or that she was crazy in a straws in her hair running around screaming way.
I will allow that some people so sacrifice themselves so that others may live ie Captain Oates, but that is not done from despair but with hope.[rhetorical Q] What sis you and your family gain from your sister's death? [/rhetorical Q]

Acknowledged, Monstrosa. I don't want to debate it at length here - we're off topic a bit as it is. I'm just stating that not all suicidal people are psychotic.

I think talking about beliefs is a dangerous game. Neither you - nor I - are in any position to judge the falsity of anyone's belief's at a given time. There is, of course, a stigma attached to suicide, in a religious and a basic human sense. Indeed, suicides are often derided as being 'selfish', and uncaring of those they leave behind.

Motivations and mental processes are complex things, and I think it's inappropriate for those of us that are left to judge the whats and wherefores of a suicide. It's not about us anyway, or what we gained, or didn't gain. It's more about what she gained - a peace, I hope. I've moved in the orbits of 6 suicides now - of friends and extended family, and I'm certain there'll be one to come soon (terminal illness) - and in only one of those would I concede a degree of psychosis in the deceased.

It just annoyed me to see the poster above dismiss it with such cod-philosophy - oh, yeah, they're all psychotic - in my sis's case, she certainly doesn't deserve that label, and I think it sad anyone with suicidal tendencies can be written off so quickly as a straightforward psychopath.

Apologies if anyone feels I hijacked the thread a bit here.

RTTT...

Man marries sister-in-law in hospital

Dead wife is witness to marriage in postmortem room

By LATA RANI Correspondent
Published: 16:58 November 8, 2012
Gulf News

Patna: A man in Bihar married his sister-in-law in the presence of the dead body of his wife, who lay in a postmortem room of a government hospital.

His deceased wife committed suicide after hanging herself from a ceiling fan on Wednesday.

The incident took place at Biharsharif town in Nalanda district of Bihar, 80km south of Patna, capital of Bihar state, local media reported on Thursday.

Reports said Pushpa Kumari, wife of Sujit Kumar from Parasdiha village in the central Bihar’s Nalanda district, committed suicide at her in-laws’ house on Wednesday.

Her body was then brought for postmortem at the local government hospital.

News of her death reached the victim’s parents, who rushed to the hospital and threatened to register a murder case against the in-laws accusing the later of forcing the girl to end her life.

The victim’s parents reportedly then asked the in-law’s family to allow the widower to marry the victim’s younger sister Rashmirathi, which Sujit’s family agreed to.

The story took a dramatic turn when the girl’s parents asked the boy to marry his sister-in-law then and there at the hospital.

Soon a packet of vermilion was brought from the market as the boy married his sister-in-law by applying vermilion on her hair as the dead body of his wife lay at the postmortem room of the hospital apparently as a witness.

© Al Nisr Publishing LLC 2011.

Lancaster Co, PA has provided even more mortuary malpractice to add to the hideous grave robbery of a few years ago.

An investigation of the business has brought to light several unburied corpses, unpaid bills, money missing from a burial insurance fund and other alleged irregularities.

This is a breaking story, at last look, the director of the business was being sought by police.

The Gundal Funeral Home is a well established business, dating from 1944, Benjamen Siar, the director being sought, acquired the business two years ago.

krakenten said:
Lancaster Co, PA has provided even more mortuary malpractice to add to the hideous grave robbery of a few years ago.

An investigation of the business has brought to light several unburied corpses, unpaid bills, money missing from a burial insurance fund and other alleged irregularities.

This is a breaking story, at last look, the director of the business was being sought by police.

The Gundal Funeral Home is a well established business, dating from 1944, Benjamen Siar, the director being sought, acquired the business two years ago.

It was run by a skeleton staff.

The boss at Gundel surrendered himself, and was unable to raise the quarter million bail.

Details are emerging of a man melting down, not paying anybody for anything, being arrested for public intoxication and violating court supervision.

I have no sympathy for drunks and deadbeats, they hurt others even more than they hurt themselves.

I hope he gets twenty years.

krakenten said:
The boss at Gundel surrendered himself, and was unable to raise the quarter million bail.

Details are emerging of a man melting down, not paying anybody for anything, being arrested for public intoxication and violating court supervision.

I have no sympathy for drunks and deadbeats, they hurt others even more than they hurt themselves.

20 years seems rather stiff.

ramonmercado said:
krakenten said:

20 years seems rather stiff.

Yes, rather too much rigor.

Great puns! Remember, the pun is the lowest forms of humor, especially esteemed so by those who cannot make them.

I'm serious, though, the people he cheated will be seriously damaged financially by the fraud, not to mention the extra grief for the families. One was a child, the other two were elderly women.

Imagine your granny left to rot like a dead rat, or a beloved child discarded like a spoiled chicken carcass?

This is why I walked to the retort with my Mom and Dad, I made sure they were properly cremated.

Betrayal of trust is the issue here.

Woman's body found in man's coffin at his funeral

MOURNERS ready to bury a man opened the coffin for a viewing to find the body of a woman inside.

It is understood the man was mistakenly buried weeks earlier in the place of a woman from another remote Northern Territory community, The NT News reports.

The morgue mix-up comes more than a year after the NT Ombudsman called on the Government to stop passing the buck on who should run bush morgues.

The woman's family thought they had already laid her to rest her two weeks ago at Palumpa, about 250km south-southwest of Darwin.

It is understood the body will now be exhumed. "It's bad … wrong bodies on wrong land, and different clans,'' said an anonymous source.

The bodies had been stored in the tiny morgue at Wadeye, about 50km west of Palumpa.

It is said to be the result of a mistake, discovered only on Friday when the man's coffin was opened.

It is understood a volunteer was in a hurry and did not check inside a body bag when the body was collected from the morgue. The morgue is operated by volunteers only.

The NT Health Department said it provided no funding for the morgues.

Ombudsman Carolyn Richards called on the NT Government to end the buck-passing by identifying who should run bush morgues and funding them to do it.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national-news/wo ... z2cMs9vsGs

Portsmouth woman found in freezer died of natural causes

A woman found dead in a freezer at her Hampshire home died of natural causes, a post-mortem examination has revealed.
Police found the woman, named locally as Louise Brough, after forcing their way into a flat in Wilmcote House, Tyseley Road, Portsmouth, on 13 August.
Officers searched the property after Portsmouth City Council raised concerns for the welfare of an "older" woman.

A 53-year-old man, believed to be the woman's son, was held on suspicion of murder and fraud and remains on bail.
He was initially arrested on 13 August but re-arrested on suspicion of obtaining money by deception during questioning two days later before being bailed.

It is not known how long the woman had been in the freezer.
She has not yet been formally identified.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ox ... e-23810923

Executing Italian Civilians Was ‘Terrible’ for Executioners, Nazi Said Before Death

As officials in Italy continue to search for a solution to the problem of where to bury the body of Erich Priebke, a former SS captain who died in Rome last week under house arrest, the voice of the unrepentant Nazi was heard in a video interview released on Thursday by his lawyer.

The article is about Priebke's frank discussion of the mass executions he helped organise and carry out.

He has now died at a great age and interestingly, nobody knows what to do with his body -

almost a week after Priebke’s death at 100, the question of how to dispose of his body remains unresolved, after various cities in Italy, Germany and Argentina, where he lived for decades, declined to offer a final resting place.

The Italian government denied on Thursday that the secret services were involved in moving the body to a military airport in Rome on Wednesday, after a funeral was halted the day before following fierce protests and clashes in a town 12 miles from the site of the massacre.

I am full of admiration for those Italian protestors. 8)

There are SS cemetery sections in German military burial grounds.

The man is dead, bury him and never forget his crimes, but there is nothing we can do to, or for a corpse.

Forget the man, remember his crimes.

That's easy for you to say. He didn't shoot your granddad.

A head case?

Burundi police: Human skulls found at Italian's home
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-24868242

More than 40 human skulls have been found at the Burundian home of an Italian expatriate, Burundi police say.

Giussepe Favaro was arrested last month after two skulls were intercepted at the airport.

They were in a package being sent to Thailand, police say.

Police have not disclosed any more details and the BBC's Prime Ndikumagenge says people are curious to know where the skulls came from and what they were going to be used for.

There have been cases of human body parts being used for ritual purposes, especially of people with albinism in neighbouring Tanzania, but this would not explain why the first skulls were allegedly being sent to Thailand, our correspondent says.

Mr Favaro has lived in Burundi for several years.

Isn't skull collecting sometimes a mafia thing? Or have I just taken the lyrics to Popemobile to Paraguay a bit too seriously?

Unrelatedly, this dude was dead in public for a few days in what I imagine was an otherwise empty car park...

Missing Luton priest Father Joseph Williams found dead

A missing priest from Luton has been found dead and slumped over the wheel of his car outside a supermarket.

Father Joseph Williams, 42, is believed to have lain undiscovered in his car at Morrisons' car park in Houghton Regis for three days from 27 December.

Bedfordshire Police said they were called to the car park on Monday. A spokesman said Father Smith had been in the car "for some time".

Father Williams is thought to have died of "natural causes".

Writing on the Diocese of Northampton website, the Bishop of Northampton, the Right Reverend Peter Doyle, said: "It is with much sadness that I write to let you know that Father Joseph Williams died suddenly while out shopping on Friday, 27th December.

"Although there has to be a post-mortem, it would seem that he died of natural causes.
Morrisons, High Street, Houghton Regis The body is thought to have been in the Morrisons' car park for three days

"Please pray for the repose of Joe's soul, for his family and for his parish. May he rest in peace."

Ordained a Roman Catholic priest in 2000, Father Williams served in Burnham and Kettering before moving to Biggleswade in 2006.

He served as the parish priest of Our Lady of Lourdes in Milton Keynes from 2008, and he moved to St Martin de Porres in 2011.

A mass has been held in his memory at St Martin de Porres.

Bishop Doyle added: "I think it makes people feel guilty that we didn't look or that we didn't find him, but it was unavoidable and it's just one of those things.

"Our faith tells us that the Lord's taken him unto himself and we believe that he's sharing the fullness of life in heaven so we've got that hope in our hearts to help us in our sadness."

A report is being prepared for the coroner. Morrisons said they are "supporting police with their inquiries".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-be ... s-25564045

Royal Sussex hospital visitor shares lift with dead body
By Siobhan Ryan
4:50am Wednesday 8th January 2014

A hospital has apologised after a visitor found she was sharing a public lift with a dead body.
The complaint was sent to the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton by a woman who had been visiting to see her mother.
The body was being transported to the hospital morgue during the incident last month.

The woman, who had been regularly visiting the Royal Sussex during her mother’s stay, said: “Today I shared a lift with someone who had just passed away. The transporting bed covered in a blue plastic sheet.
“Thank God there were no children around. Where was the dignity for someone who has just died?
“I very much doubt their family would have appreciated the way their loved one was treated.”

The woman said there were a number of other issues about the hospital’s lifts which she had concerns with.
She said: “There have been women/men patients with catheters, colostomy bags and oxygen bottles.
“Then the laundry and the cleaning buckets and food from the kitchens, plus visitors, some with children and strollers, all packed into a lift.
“These patients have no dignity, just sitting in their wheelchairs covered by a flimsy blanket.”
The woman called for more to be done to make sure patients were transported separately and did not end up being crammed into lifts used by everyone

Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust, which runs the hospital, says it does have separate lift not for general public use, which is used for transporting patients.

He apologised for the incident involving the body in the lift.
He said: “This should never happen and we apologise for the distress this has caused.
“The member of staff transporting the deceased patient should have ensured they did not share a lift with a member of the public.”

There are also plans to improve access to lifts at the hospital as part of its planned £420 million redevelopment.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/10919727 ... y/?ref=rss

Last time I worked in a hospital I too noticed plenty of 'women/men patients with catheters, colostomy bags and oxygen bottles.' Even the odd dead body and laundry cart.

Strange really, you'd think dead people, sick people and people working hard for a living would avoid places like that in case they offended visitors.

escargot1 said:
Last time I worked in a hospital I too noticed plenty of 'women/men patients with catheters, colostomy bags and oxygen bottles.' Even the odd dead body and laundry cart.

Strange really, you'd think dead people, sick people and people working hard for a living would avoid places like that in case they offended visitors.

Yeah, exactly. I dunno why they can't use the special dead body lift. Is this what my tax is being spent on? I blame the immigrants.

Perhaps they could install a special vaccuum tube system to transport bodies to the morgue? Person pegs it, pull down the tube, thunk and they are on their way.

Back