• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

David Icke & His Work

No inspiration intended Slytherin.
I was clutching at straws trying to think of vaguely positive media text about vampires as an alternative to the whole vampires are evil thing. and trying to think of way of expressing the film, very difficult. IAnyway from reading the vodeo jacket the small child is asked by the baby vampire(how does that work?) to stop his family from being vampires.
I don't like small children either especially the ones at my school. Small, hah, most of them seem to be taller than me.
Does that mean you refused to watch 'Massive Merchandising Opportunity 1' aka 'HP and the Philosopher's Stone'?

Icke made it to number 5 in the top 50 losers of all time article in FHM this month. barrymore neil hamilton jefery archer and jhonathan king were the only ones to beat him I think.

David Icke

I just ran across a few articles on this guy. Is he a good author? Or is he just a nut case?

I suggest that you read Icke's own books and all the threads about him on this message board - and then make up your own mind!

Heather.

I'm not sure that reading the current threads on Icke is a good idea - they seem to have generated more heat than light!

I haven't read any of Icke's latest stuff, but I did read several of his earlier books. Interesting as a self-portrait of a very confused and (possibly) misled man, who believed many strange things were happening to him, and then seriously doubted them. He was definitely on a strange personal oddysey.

From (mainly) second-hand reports, it now seems he's back to believing weird things, but I won't comment on that, not having read his recent work. When you hear other people's reports, you have to disentangle what Icke said from their personal impressions of what he said (and these impressions sometimes stem from pretty strange agendas themselves).

Like most people in Conspiracy circles, Icke is ploughing a lonely furrow at large angles to everyone else's!

IMHO, read Icke' work as entertainment rather than serious philosophy, even though it purports to deal with serious ideas.

(But of course, that's what they want us to do... Woo!)

I think icke is part lunatic part attention seeker, when his career came to a sudden stop he decided the world was one big conspiracy! he will go on TV for basically any reason what so ever and would turn up to the opening of a paper bag for publicity.

( sorry adam rang but its true! )

Chop,

I think Ryn said the same thing, just with a bit more poetry :)

8¬)

When David Icke wrote "The Truth Vibrations" he appears (at least from my reading of its pages) to be suffering from some form of psychological disorder. He enters a world where everything not only has deep meaning for him, but one in which every incident in it revolves around him. He also believes that he is, to paraphrase the Blues Brothers, on a mission from "the godhead" to save the world. (Which he does by walking around "energy points" in circles or spirals. This sort of behaviour apparently prevents the earthquakes and other disasters that Icke has predicted. We are truly fortunate to have such a man on earth at this time. ;) )

His later books descend into a melange of paranoid conspiracy theories revolving around giant lizards, the British monarchy, the Rothschilds, and many others. On a somewhat *more* controversial note, he also disinters the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion", claiming that it actually refers to the Illuminati and the lizard people. This has, of course, led to claims that he is anti-semitic, when I suspect that he is just a loon (though, given his claims, a dangerous one.)

The books probably give you more of an insight into the man himself, rather than anything useful relating to the world of conspiracies.:)

mrchopper said:
I think icke is part lunatic part attention seeker, when his career came to a sudden stop he decided the world was one big conspiracy!
Nope - it's true that arthritis forced him out of a footballing career, but then he got into sports presenting, which he did very well at. Then he got involved in enviromentalism and became spokesperson for the UK Green Party - because of this association with a political party, he had to leave his promising TV career. Had he then stayed with the Greens, he would pobably have had a comfortable career being an enviromental spokesperson a la Jonathan Porritt. But his extremist New Age beliefs were too much for the Greens, who threw him out. If anyone bought his career(s) to a sudden stop it was him, and he freely admits it. His conspiracy fixation didn't come until three or four years later, when he drifted into the right-wing loony fringe of the US New Age movement.

My advice?

It's to borrow Icke's books from the library, or a friend. Or search the second hand/charity shops for them.
(disclaimer in an attempt to avoid any flaming)....
While it is only my opinion, it is as valid as anyone's - that there are much better books and/or things to spend money on than Icke's books.

Read Ickes books! You might learn something.... or go one step further and come join me here.

Adam Rang said:
Read Ickes books! You might learn something.... or go one step further and come join me here.

I think that you may learn something different to what Icke wants you to learn ;). If you want something beyond an uncritical mixture of mad-cap theories from internet websites, plus odd contributions from even odder contributors, then I would look elsewhere.

Mind you, I'm vaguely tempted to go along to this meeting and see him in the flesh (so to speak.) I had an opportunity to see him talk just after he'd entered his "truth vibrations" phase. (I thought that he might be un-nerved by my presence, however, as I was in my "wear any colour as long as it's black" phase. Definitely not turquoise. ;) )

Icke: The TV Show

My friends the lizards tell me Mr Icke is about to get his own show on the Sci-Fi Channel. Saturday nights from July 20th.

:spinning

Oh dear indeed, Adam Rang will be wetting his pants.

there is also rumour of a snopes TV show, or so i have heard.

He'll get ripped to shreads. I almost pity him.

Niles "Not an Icke fan" Calder

Marvelous. ;)

Placing him as a presenter of "Headf**k" is spot on. :) I wonder if he's ever watched any of that strand.

(Even better would be for him to have his own chat-show. It would make for truly edge of the seat viewing. "On tonight's Icke On The Mike we have special guest Ted Heath." "So Mr. Heath, about these human sacrifices..." ;) If there is a conspiracy, pleeeaaaasse can they make it come true.)

Peewee said:
What I want to know is if his theroies of the Illuminiti control everything are true then why would they allow him to get his own TV show? Why would they allow him to live and spread the word? Thats what bothers me about Icke

Because "they" know that he hasn't a clue what is really going on. Turns out that its all down to some blue-green algae that was irradiated, became conscious and is now on the verge of

What you got to realise is that there are also forces working for Icke. Icke doesnt even seem to realise this himself sometimes but believe me they are there.

The other possibility is that...

Niles Calder said:
He'll get ripped to shreads.

Although I think Icke has been underestimated if this is the plan as he does tend to do very well for himself when he gets put on the spot.

I am of the opinion Adam that, if there is a Conspiracy, then Icke would be a classic disinformer.

He uses (read "Lampoons") others theories, adds so off-the-wall elements of his own and then spreads them far and wide. Thus Conspiracy Theorists, whoms work he samples, are discredited through the association with him, their theories are mocked (be they irrelevent or not; If I was a Conspiracy I'd discredit the dross theories as well as the correct ones) and naive people who parrot them are identified and misdirected.

Niles "It's a classic Ops" Calder

Peewee said:
Or you could be part of the conspiracy Mr Calder.

Will any Illuminati on this Message Board please raise your right arm/limb/flipper/whatever? ;)

Originally posted by Fortis
Will any Illuminati on this Message Board please raise your right arm/limb/flipper/whatever?

Well I'm not an Illuminatus... :)

But I am part of a conspiracy :D

A conspiracy to stop people quoting entire posts immediatly after the post in question. :mad:Stop it. All of you :rolleyes:

Niles "Also a member of another conspiracy" Calder

Niles Calder said:
A conspiracy to stop people quoting entire posts immediatly after the post in question. :mad:Stop it. All of you :rolleyes:

O.K. ;)

O.K. Sent an e-mail to the Sci-Fi Channel to verify the story, and got this very prompt response.

News sure does travel fast, David will be in select production links. HeadF**k will be back on Sci-Fi from 20th July after the movie at 10pm.

Regards

Duty Officer
Sci-Fi

Time to set the video then.:)

Maybe the Vatican can "reverse the polarity" and watch it now.;)

David Icke in Metro!

Anyone notice AdamRang's favourite sports presenter was the "60 second interview" in today's Metro newspaper?

You can find the interview here, but don't know how long it'll stay online.

Half Sensible

Icke actually sounds half sensible in this interview. Remarkable. And they don't even bring up Reptoids. Which perhaps had something to do with the sensible bit.

He still rambles on about vibrations and frequencies, though.

Let me explain. Everything is made of vibrating energy. The difference between solid and not is the speed at which it vibrates...

I'd love to ask him, "So what frequency would that be?" Answer please in Hertz. (As opposed to Avis ;) )

The good sign is that he's given up on turquoise. His tracksuits were a truly tragic crime against good taste. ;)

Bad Vibes

Well, he's right, as far as he goes, which isn't far admittedly. LOL

He's merely putting forward a spectral theory of reality, which is ancient, actually, in esoterica, and relatively modern in physics.

As above, so blow.

Back