• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dennis Nilsen's Sandwiches

I was chatting with my mother about this a couple of days ago - as you do...chatting with yer mum, who lives on her own and is in her 80's...about serial killers. But then she has been watching Des - which is how we got onto it.

Anyway my more recent remembering of the tale I told back at #7 is of a face to face office conversation - but my mum's recall (which is annoyingly accurate in every aspect other than how to make her knees work) is also of a late night phone conversation.

Our friend - surviving partner of the guy who worked in the office (lovely man, and still going strong) - is regularly in touch with my mum; she's going to see if she can squeeze any more details out of him.

I heard he made nice curries and brought them into the office but that's probably an urban legend... I hope. :eek:

Ohh, I'm sure they can find some fellow inmates. The "guilty pleasure" cake should be interesting.

I heard his bacon lettuce & torso sandwiches were very popular.

I don't have a FOAF link with Nilsen but I did know some-one who had a copy of Somebody's In My Drain by Dinah Rodd and the Drains. On the back of the sleeve was the band in disguise (two members of which I was briefly with at Primary School) leaning against a sign for Melrose Avenue. I believe the single was nominated 'Ash-tray of the Week' by Radio Plymouth.

I don't have a FOAF link with Nilsen...

This may well have me written off as a serial fantasist, but I realised last night, watching the credits for Des, that I have another one - albeit at several removes; turns out an ex of mine is credited as Hair & Make Up Designer. And I reckon she did a pretty damn good job.

'Dennis Nilsen's Sandwiches' Sounds a good name for a band.

Playing alongside Dahmer's Freezer Crew and the Gein Lampshade Syndicate at next year's Gurning Man festival.

(The John Wayne Gacy Experience will no longer be playing, after their hardcore rendition of Send in the Clowns caused a stampede at last year's Coachella.)

Playing alongside Dahmer's Freezer Crew and the Gein Lampshade Syndicate at next year's Gurning Man festival.

(The John Wayne Gacy Experience will no longer be playing, after their hardcore rendition of Send in the Clowns caused a stampede at last year's Coachella.)
They just tweeted Jick the Rapper will be opening.

Back