• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

A Dogman Or Werewolf

Anyway a work colleague of mine told me that his ma &pa had done the same walk and a bright pale blue and yellow lizard had walked across the path in front of them
Sounds like an escaped anole, quite common as exotic pets and available
from petshops.

170px-Allison's_anole_on_tree.jpg

"Some anole species are commonly kept in captivity as pets and especially the Carolina (or green) anole is often described as a good "beginner's reptile", but it too requires specialized care.[18][145][196]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dactyloidae

Hi souleater he didn’t say how large it was or how fast it moved .
I’ve been reading Paul Sinclairs books and I’ve found them quite good.He seems a very genuine guy who has spoken to a lot of people about their experiences

Hi souleater he didn’t say how large it was or how fast it moved .
I’ve been reading Paul Sinclairs books and I’ve found them quite good.He seems a very genuine guy who has spoken to a lot of people about their experiences
Anoles, skinks and geckos are popular exotic pets, most are no more that 6 inches long and move pretty fast when they want to, anloes tend to be the more brightly coloured of the three, geckos are flatter with more frog like eyes and skinks tend to be mor brown tones similar to a slowworm with legs, anything larger would probably be an iguana but these tend not to be yellow or blue or a monitor lizard which and dont tend to be brightly coloured.

The most compelling Dogman photo I have seen .
The beast of the seven chutes.

It looks like a baboon faced type 7 to me.
It is carrying a rabbit? Dog? Something it has killed for food. The guy in this vid enhances the photo, you can even see red on the creature, which looks like blood , transferred from the dead prey, to dogmans fur.

Beast 7 chutes - photo enhancement .

The seven different types of Dogman.

I love that channel! I've seen your same avatar on YouTube comments , recognised you from here .

I find the idea of "seven types of dogmen" ridiculous. I'm not doubting that people see weird things akin to dogmen and maybe they are varied, but I doubt that they can be taxonomized to any meaningful degree. The exact appearance my simply down to the perception of the viewer or even the interpretation of the viewer.

I find the idea of "seven types of dogmen" ridiculous. I'm not doubting that people see weird things akin to dogmen and maybe they are varied, but I doubt that they can be taxonomized to any meaningful degree. The exact appearance my simply down to the perception of the viewer or even the interpretation of the viewer.
Surely there is a difference between a chihuahua dogman and a great dane dogman :p

I doubt that they can be taxonomized to any meaningful degree. The exact appearance may simply down to the perception of the viewer or even the interpretation of the viewer.
Isn't this like nearly everything?

On a documentary about the "beast of brae road" theres a gentleman offering a naturalistic theory of a real time evolutionary development in a local wolf population to walk bipedally. Which still sounds terrifying to imagine but takes the supernatural /extra dimensional element out of it.

On a documentary about the "beast of brae road" theres a gentleman offering a naturalistic theory of a real time evolutionary development in a local wolf population to walk bipedally. Which still sounds terrifying to imagine but takes the supernatural /extra dimensional element out of it.
Patterdale terriers do a lot of 'rearing up and walking on hind legs' if they are trying to find the source of a scent or see over something. My dog can balance and 'walk' for a surprisingly long time if she's following a high scent. So I can see how it could happen.

Here's a link to the Australian "Believe" Podcast, where a listener shares his experience of being stalked by a Dog Man in the Australian bush. He also shared 3 photos of the Dog Man, or, something that looks a bit like a Dog Man. Interesting - though I never believed in this very much.

https://believepod.com/s12e7/

Patterdale terriers do a lot of 'rearing up and walking on hind legs' if they are trying to find the source of a scent or see over something. My dog can balance and 'walk' for a surprisingly long time if she's following a high scent. So I can see how it could happen.
Yup, our Staffie/boxer would stand on his hind legs to look over a fence for rabbits. That would have seemed very strange to anyone happening on the scene.

Here's a link to the Australian "Believe" Podcast, where a listener shares his experience of being stalked by a Dog Man in the Australian bush. He also shared 3 photos of the Dog Man, or, something that looks a bit like a Dog Man. Interesting - though I never believed in this very much.

https://believepod.com/s12e7/
I can't see anything in those photos that looks like a dog man.

Well, I can see something that looks like the head of a dog - as for the man part, who knows?

Well, I can see something that looks like the head of a dog - as for the man part, who knows?
I see three photos centered on the same dark shape in exactly the same location and position. I can see how it's a simulacrum of a dog's head, but I don't see why it has to be anything other than the top of a tree trunk or stump.

Well, for the full story, you need to listen to the Podcast where the guy describes this 'thing" stalking him. By themselves, the photos aren't much, I agree.

The road up from Helmsley is the direct route to Teeside, via Bilsdale, and that part of the moors is the most frequented by people. So its isolation would depend on how far out of Helmsley the sighting was. There aren't many car parks up there either, nowhere you could pull a camper van in and not have traffic passing literally just outside your window. The North York Moors aren't really like Dartmoor, with loads of car parks and facilities, once you are out of the town it's pretty much just road, the only places to get off the road are tracks leading to farms. (I drove that road once a week for eight years, I know it pretty well). I live not far away, and there's no tales of anything 'spooky' up there - in fact I have complained on here, many times, about the lack of 'spookiness' of my bit of Britain.
Interesting videos, to me it looks like two baboons: one facing and one with its back to camera and rear end showing (the supposed dead dog). Which makes no sense given the location.

Have to take issue re lots of car parks and facilities across Dartmoor. Yes, there are two roads that dissect the moor and they do have a lots of car parks but there are large expanses to the south and north that are not accessible to traffic and make up by far the greater part of the moor:

https://visitdartmoor.co.uk/map-of-dartmoor

It's the same reason that people think the UK is more developed and urban than it it as we spend almost all our lives on roads and in our villages, towns and cities:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18623096

Have to take issue re lots of car parks and facilities across Dartmoor. Yes, there are two roads that dissect the moor and they do have a lots of car parks but there are large expanses to the south and north that are not accessible to traffic and make up by far the greater part of the moor:
Plenty of 'facilities' on Dartmoor - so many gorse bushes!

Interesting videos, to me it looks like two baboons: one facing and one with its back to camera and rear end showing (the supposed dead dog). Which makes no sense given the location.

https://visitdartmoor.co.uk/map-of-dartmoor

It's the same reason that people think the UK is more developed and urban than it it as we spend almost all our lives on roads and in our villages, towns and cities:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18623096
Yes, I take your point. I grew up roaming on Dartmoor and there are bits of it that are very undeveloped, but NOTHING like the North York moors - where you can go for miles without even hope of an ice cream!

Yes, I take your point. I grew up roaming on Dartmoor and there are bits of it that are very undeveloped, but NOTHING like the North York moors - where you can go for miles without even hope of an ice cream!
Likewise...! The North York moors are on my bucket list as I've never visited despite having a grandparent from Bridlington, looking forward to it before too long.

Likewise...! The North York moors are on my bucket list as I've never visited despite having a grandparent from Bridlington, looking forward to it before too long.
Oh, and I've said it before on here, the wooded slopes around the edge of Dartmoor are in many ways more remote than the moor itself. I used to go exploring in my Land Rover and would find myself driving along single track lanes with grass and weeds growing down the middle and in deep woodland with not a soul in sight and no real idea of what was ahead. Definitely more spooky than the Hound Tor carpark...!

I used to go exploring in my Land Rover and would find myself driving along single track lanes with grass and weeds growing down the middle and in deep woodland with not a soul in sight and no real idea of what was ahead.
That's not just Dartmoor. When we were looking at houses in the South Hams last year, there were a number of lanes in the vicinity of Kingsbridge that fitted this description perfectly. Plus not a damn passing place in sight, so you'd have had a fair way to reverse should you encounter a vehicle coming the other way.

There is a podcast on the topic of Dogman and encounters with this creature which is not bad at all. You can find it on most podcast services.

The blurb reads:

Everyone has heard about Bigfoot. Not many know that there's a much more terrifying cryptid stalking the deepest, darkest woods of North America and beyond. Tune in every Friday night, at 9PM EST, as eyewitnesses share the terrifying details of their real-life Dogman encounters with you. These are real eyewitnesses, not actors.

If you listen to this show, you'll never look at the woods the same way again!

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/dogman-encounters-radio/id912241032

Yes, The North York Moors are nowhere near the Wolds, and Filey/Scarborough are way over on the coast. No tales of ghostly lights, orbs, anything much, I even put an appeal on here for anyone who'd got any good stories about my locality - nothing. Plenty of things from York, and all points of the compass elsewhere, but not the moors. Helmsley is at the southern end of the road that goes, via Bilsdale, Chop Gate and Stokesley, up to Teeside and Middlesborough. Newcastle is a very long way from Teeside!
I go up there most weeks, walking t'dog at Byland Abbey for a change of scenery. (She who is bored of York is bored of life?)

Helmsley is right close to Byland and Rievaulx, so was considered remote in medieval times, certainly. The only original medieval English ghost story collection comes from a monk at Byland.

I'm thinking if I had a motorhome (won the lottery?) I'd park it up in one of the pull-ins a few miles out of Helmsley - towards where the White Horse of Kilburn is - there's lots of pull ins by the heavily wooded bit of the hills there, and quite a few where you could possibly park up all night without a copper going past or anyone to dob you in. Have only weed in the woods, when caught short, never walked far into them - but the woods above Byland, (Wass), seem to stretch on forever, up into the first range of hills I think of as the Wolds. There are some cryptozoology stories amongst the medieval Byland ones, and several if not all the stories, are based locally.

On a slight tangent, there's an interesting runic inscription at Old Byland, on a sundial.

I go up there most weeks, walking t'dog at Byland Abbey for a change of scenery. (She who is bored of York is bored of life?)

Helmsley is right close to Byland and Rievaulx, so was considered remote in medieval times, certainly. The only original medieval English ghost story collection comes from a monk at Byland.

I'm thinking if I had a motorhome (won the lottery?) I'd park it up in one of the pull-ins a few miles out of Helmsley - towards where the White Horse of Kilburn is - there's lots of pull ins by the heavily wooded bit of the hills there, and quite a few where you could possibly park up all night without a copper going past or anyone to dob you in. Have only weed in the woods, when caught short, never walked far into them - but the woods above Byland, (Wass), seem to stretch on forever, up into the first range of hills I think of as the Wolds. There are some cryptozoology stories amongst the medieval Byland ones, and several if not all the stories, are based locally.

On a slight tangent, there's an interesting runic inscription at Old Byland, on a sundial.
Byland and Wass are at the base of the Howardian Hills. The Wolds are over the other side of the Vale of Pickering, starting round about Grimston and running over towards Beverley. Oddly enough I walked through the woods near Byland only the other day when Sutton Bank was closed for repairs - there's a fabulous walk that takes you past the Old Observatory. Lots of walks near Kilburn too, just as you drop off down Sutton Bank towards Thirsk.

I shall investigate the Byland weirdnesses further....

Byland and Wass are at the base of the Howardian Hills. The Wolds are over the other side of the Vale of Pickering, starting round about Grimston and running over towards Beverley. Oddly enough I walked through the woods near Byland only the other day when Sutton Bank was closed for repairs - there's a fabulous walk that takes you past the Old Observatory. Lots of walks near Kilburn too, just as you drop off down Sutton Bank towards Thirsk.

I shall investigate the Byland weirdnesses further....
Ah in my head it's the "Wolds" but I'm an outsider from the Vale of York, where 30 miles or so away, if you looked out of a window 3 storeys up you could, on a good day, see that exact range of hills - including the White Horse - and we'd always call that "the Wolds", so it has remained in my head! (My dad was shit at geography lol).

I have an old friend buried at Terrington which is the Howardian Hills - in my head those places segue into eachother when it reality they probably don't! We usually go out of town the Strensall end and via Sheriff Hutton - now there's an eerie dog walk to do at dusk. (That circuit round the castle). And pass the sign for Terrington but to go to Byland we go t'other way.

Ah I might have been up there the same day as you, if you went recently. I haven't been able to walk up there though, since long covid I can sort of slither short distances. Am longing to do some proper walking again dunno if that will ever happen, now.

Dogman stalks man on Australian outback fishing trip

He’s ‘petrified for a month’ after the encounter but gets a photo. Some time later he goes back & this time hears but doesn’t see it.

“It would roar, and then it would take a breath in, but then the breath it was taking was actually louder than the roar it was doing.”

Spot the Dogman
1637591832501.png

Back