• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Unless they want the local yoof to stab their kitchen knives into the sides of it to turn 'em in?
It's a pretty expensive gimmick which probably has little to no real effect.

Policeman accidentally shoots suspect (27) dead, gets no punishment

The policeman who shot 27-year-old Tim van der Boor from Dordrecht in Waalwijk last year will receive no punishment for this. The court ruled that he had his finger too close to the trigger, but that he was not to blame because he was startled by an unexpected movement of the victim.

Van der Boor was shot at Larixplein in the Bloemenoord neighbourhood on Thursday 17 March and died of his injuries shortly after the incident. The victim was a suspect in an ongoing drugs investigation and the arrest team swung into action to apprehend him. In doing so, police fired shots and Van der Boor was hit in his neck and thumb.

The judge stressed that statements also revealed that the victim raised his left hand, which "makes it plausible", as the defence has also argued, that the officer shot from a startle reaction. "Forensic examination shows that the bullet also passed through the victim's left thumb," the judge said.

The officer had just joined the arrest team for five months and saw his job as a dream job. He was relieved of his duties immediately after the fatal shooting. "He will have to live with the thought that he made a big mistake and that is already a severe punishment" said the prosecutor a fortnight ago. The latter therefore thought community service of 60 hours was appropriate for culpable homicide.

The officer said during the trial he was kept awake by the case, writes Rijnmond. "I was shocked myself by the shot and by the breaking of the glass. I played the film a thousand times. I was startled, I think. And I must have been at the trigger with my finger, but I can't tell exactly how it happened."

The Dordrecht resident's mother calls it a terrible day. "I'm furious and I just don't understand it," she tells Omroep Brabant. "I already thought the demand of 60 hours of community service was nothing, but acquittal I think is pretty hefty."

https://nos.nl/artikel/2496112-politieman-schiet-verdachte-27-per-ongeluk-dood-krijgt-geen-straf

Constable injured after accident with duty weapon in Varsseveld

A police officer was injured in an accident with his service weapon this morning. This happened in a house in Varsseveld. The officer was taken to hospital, police reported.

The service weapon reportedly went off in the officer's house. According to the police, no other people were involved in the incident.
The police are not making any announcements about the circumstances of the accident and the severity of the injuries, reports Omroep Gelderland.

According to a spokesman, the injured officer was lawfully carrying the weapon. In some cases, an officer is allowed to take a service weapon home. This is subject to certain conditions, such as being able to store the weapon safely.

https://nos.nl/artikel/2494285-agent-gewond-na-ongeluk-met-dienstwapen-in-varsseveld

Police raid wrong house Schijndel, 'family very shocked'

Police raided the wrong house in Schijndel, Brabant, last night. A family with three small children was present there. According to the police, the family was very shocked. "Of course we have apologised."

The police were looking for a man whose arrest might pose risks. For that reason, a so-called police arrest unit was called in, reports Omroep Brabant.

Police regret action
Around 8.30pm, the team forced the door of the house. "However, it soon became clear that we had made a mistake," police said. The family has "no relationship with the wanted person", according to the police.

Police deeply regret what happened and say they are in close contact with the family about how to proceed. How it was possible that the wrong house was invaded is being investigated.

The man the police were looking for has not yet been arrested.
Further information about the suspect and the investigation would not be shared by the police.

https://nos.nl/artikel/2497589-politie-valt-verkeerde-huis-schijndel-binnen-gezin-erg-geschrokken

Back