• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I revisited the thread and it does seem like the raincoats and hats are somewhat silly looking. If they are trying to 'blend in' they are doing a poor job of it. My gut tells me these are all ( or most of them) 'fake' pictures staged for some reason.
No info on who her dad was in the piece except he worked for the Air Force with a team. His name was probably Richard Doty. :p
I'd think the reason was that someone was trying a rather unsophisticated prank. A big write up about 'dad' with a mysterious and high level job and equally mysterious 'photos' which are so ridiculously obvious set ups that nobody could take them seriously. Whether the originator actually ever thought that some people might think they were real, or whether they just wanted a good laugh and maybe to poke fun at the Alien Believers, who knows?

The idea of Men in Black seems to have faded out over the last few years.

I don’t know of a recent report of Men in Black.
Maybe that government department was disbanded long ago?
I wonder what happened to the old cars they'd typically drive.

That site seems to have a lot of free floating stories that don't appear to be anything other than yarns. Some of it is interesting, but I don't recall seeing anything there that I thought was likely a solid story. It's like "Phantoms and Monsters" in that way. They seem to post whatever they like the sound of.

The "Men in Black" stuff in this example is just comically lame.

Back