• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Times Magazine Word-Limit For Letters

User7597

Hyperspace Cartographer
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Could anybody please let me know the word count limit for letters submitted to Fortean Times? I can't find any information in the magazine.

It seems to depend on the subject matter of the letter or the infamy of the correspondent: I've seen page long letters published.
I would guess that, in line with many publications, you can write whatever length you like, you would just have to be aware that you might get edited down for clarity. Mainly because I read some letters that I can't believe were written with the concise thought that appears in print, and fear that some of the more 'green crayon' thought might be excised for brevity.

Could anybody please let me know the word count limit for letters submitted to Fortean Times? I can't find any information in the magazine.
So long as it keeps to the point, there's no limit per se but the longer it is the more likely it'll be edited in print. Keep it as succinct as you can.

Back