• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT268

gncxx said:
ramonmercado said:
down of a ped. A of of serial killer novels seem to involve peds these days. Good writers like John Connolly don't need to go into the gory details of the abuse.

From the blurb, it doesn't sound as if good writing is involved. The child abuse angle is presented as the books' main selling points.

Yeah I had another look at FT267 and if its the same books then there seems to be no redeeming factors in the blurbs.

47Forteans said:
ramonmercado said:
escargot1 said:
You've nearly got your wish. Some faulty wiring in the wall I'd just papered blew the wallpaper off again and I've had to have an electrician in to make it safe and repair it.

JUST finished all that decorating, I had, too! :evil:

Thats shocking! Watt will it cost you? You must be revolted! Har! Har! :twisted:

To come up with those ample puns, you must be a bright spark!

I swim against the current.

Ohm my goodness, wire're you doing this to me??

Watts happened to this thread? the current trend of recent posts is hardly electrifying - it's just a battery of puns.

ArthurASCII said:
Watts happened to this thread? the current trend of recent posts is hardly electrifying - it's just a battery of puns.

What are you going to charge us with?

A lot of bright sparks on this thread. I can just see the lightbulbs going on over their heads...

All these puns can be put down to magnetic personalities...

gncxx said:
ArthurASCII said:

What are you going to charge us with?

Assault and battery obviously.

All these jokes are most illuminating! They have brightened up my day!

So I'm confused, why is the Jehovah's Witness hall an out of place item?

liveinabin1 said:
So I'm confused, why is the Jehovah's Witness hall an out of place item?

Yeah, I was wondering that too. Maybe I missed something?

I'm glad its not just me.

The only thing I can think of the the irony of having a religious building on the island which inspired Darwin to write 'On The Origin of Species'. But that can't be the only religious building there surely?

liveinabin1 said:
I'm glad its not just me.

The only thing I can think of the the irony of having a religious building on the island which inspired Darwin to write 'On The Origin of Species'. But that can't be the only religious building there surely?

Be pretty lame if that was the reason. I was thinking they'd put the wrong picture or caption there, but even that doesn't make much sense.

It would by hugely lame, but it is the only thing I can think of.

There must be something in the photo I'm just not seeing.

I can't tell watt's going on either.

I find that quite negative.

Just got 268. The Hell House piece was good. Liked the fortean headlines esp Bullock Adopts Boy. Must be a cowboy.

Some interesting books reviewed, the 2 on Utopias and the one on the 1857 Indian Mutiny (Freedom Struggle) and conspiracies/rumours.

The waiting, the waiting. The anticipation.
The pain must be almost... exquisite. 8)

:lol:

A ghostly issue meant this would be my fave for ever and ever if it wasn't for the new comic,a quick skim over a story i think we all know very well,with nothing new to add and not even trying to be funny. :(

Has Phenomenix gone for good? that was funny and informative so i hope not. :(

Read other half of article by the Reverend, vgood. Hope he writes more for FT.

So no one knows what the deal with the picture of the Kingdom Hall was then?

escargot1 said:
The waiting, the waiting. The anticipation.
The pain must be almost... exquisite. 8)

:lol:

But with nine and a half years worth of Fortean Times to keep me happy, there is no pain at all.

I just want the new one, right now! (How Verruca Salt of me!)

Back