• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT365

Acheron101

Flaneur and Dilettante
Got mine yesterday.

Some interesting Easter reading - Eucharistic Miracles, Baphomet and Soviet fourth dimensional architecture.

I'm not really one for ickle animal stories but felt sorry for the dog on page 15, not a pleasant way to go to doggy heaven!

Mine's arrived today, not had a chance to investigate properly yet though. As ever, Mythconceptions gives me an idea for a thread.

Mine's arrived today, not had a chance to investigate properly yet though. As ever, Mythconceptions gives me an idea for a thread.
My copy's arrived today as well .. I'm not too into demonic satanic stuff but I'm looking forward to reading it, hopefully our 'Jesus'/'something that looks like a man with beard face' stone has finally got into print just for kicks ..

I'm assuming, in Classical Corner on page 13, Mr Baldwin intended to say that in Spain Sertorius was presented with a pure white fawn, although I live in hope that it's not a typo, and he really was given a pure white faun.

The Baphomet article was certainly packed with information. How much I retain is a different matter.

The bloody Communion wafers article was oddly revolting, but did make the valid point you have to take into account the beliefs of the investigators when judging the reality of the Fortean.

Anyone tempted by the ad for British Wrestlers magazine on page 70? About its "Dark Side" apparently. With such enticing headlines as "THE HAIRIEST FIGHTS EVER FILMED". I mean, heaven only knows...

Anyone tempted by the ad for British Wrestlers magazine on page 70? About its "Dark Side" apparently. With such enticing headlines as "THE HAIRIEST FIGHTS EVER FILMED". I mean, heaven only knows...

That ad did catch my eye in previous FT's, I can't believe there's enough stuff in the British Wrestling culture to make a fanzine type mag, might be entertaining loo side literature...

Well, after the usual guessing game and scavenger hunt concerning where Smiths in Stockport chose to shelve FT this month, I found my copy... first thoughts: the"liquid breathing" thing sounded alarming, revolting, and somewhat Frankensteinian. At first. then I moved on from "artificially induced drowning" and had the big thought.

EVERYBODY on this planet has done liquid breathing. No exceptions. We all spent a period where the only thing to breathe was a water-based liquid. And we all survived it - to be born. And to, very abruptly, have to re-learn how to breathe air. So - what changed in that relatively brief period in between being in the womb, breathing liquid, to being out of the womb breathing air. The foetus an hour before birth is still breathing liquid. Nothing changes, physiologically, in that hour, to the underlying physical systems. The baby in the womb is essentially the same baby that emerges from it. Yet we all manage to make the transition. The possibly insane and over-simplified thought is - why can't we flip the coin and change back? Is there anything to prevent that and how can it be done? Not that I'm volunteering to attempt this, of course...

Last edited:
A foetus isn’t breathing a liquid as such, it is supplied with oxygenated blood from the mother through the placenta via the umbilical chord and due to this there is no respiratory reflex in the womb. The first actual breath comes soon after the birth and is triggered by the change in pressure and temperature. The first self-oxygenated blood starts to flow round the baby’s body within about 30 seconds of the first breath and this causes dramatic changes in the neonatal circulatory system as the body adapts to it.

Anyone else find that the last dozen pages were just an assortment of previous pages bound in upside down? I was a bit disappointed - thought I still had some reading to go.

Got mine today, was pleased to see my letter (Screen Memory?) featured, only flicked through but looks like there are some good articles so far.

Happy to see Paul Cropper credited for the Fulshear fish fall info. This was one of the most extensively documented fish falls ever. Real fish really fell and we don't know how that happened. That's more than you can say about other so-called "fish falls" in the news. Paul and I discussed on my podcast if anyone is interested in more of that. https://doubtfulnews.com/podcast/ #34

Back