• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT429

This one feels like a classic already.

Random thoughts and completely unverifiable leaps of association:

i) page 5. The mysterious installations in Utah which are proliferating but nobody is admitting to. Are they appearing in other US states too in remote areas? Is it just possible they might be sited to communicate - perhaps - with UFO's? (And by "UFO" I mean strange white balloons known to be in the air over the USA and flying in from a westward direction...) Just a thought... what was that Chinese balloon actually doing and what might it have been communicating to on the ground? And for what reason?

ii) Those night noises in Siirt, in eastern Turkey. Subterranean booms, rumbles and "underground water movements" reported in July-August 2022. I've just taken a look at fault line maps and incidences of minor earth tremors in Turkey, and while Siirt is several hundred miles away from where the big earthquake struck, there is a long and strong fault-line linking the two regions. Was Siirt getting the forewarnings and first rumbles a few months beforehand?

iii) Mythconceptions. Squashing plastic bottles. I always do this before putting them in the brown recycling bin. For the practical reason that otherwise, a bin "full" of these would be 15% plastic and 85% the empty space contained by the plastic. It simply makes more sense!

And now, back for another read.

Last edited:
The letter on p62/63 from "Sean -----" about Twerton certainly makes the amusingly named Bath suburb sound interesting: a temple to Welsh Goddess Arianrhod dating from 950BC, "moonhenge", Templar connections and apparently th'Bard bothtrod the boards there and composed "about a dozen" of his sonnets in the locality, amongst other things. Googling the claims yielded nothing and to my knowledge we don't know where Bill Wagstaff composed anything and he is listed just once as a player- in Ben Johnson's Folio.

Citation needed? I await responses from Forteans more learned (and motivated) than myself in future issues.

Last edited:
Minor strangeness: When I turned the page to Ghostwatch, I sort of expected the name Treherne, not really deja vu but more like I'd seen the name on the page before. The name isn't mentioned before that page (I've searched the electronic version on Libby) so I don't think I was primed. There's a chance I viewed the page inadvertently but this is unlikely as I read the mag in order and use a bookmark.

Last edited:
It's taken me a while to get to the end of FT429, but is was an excellent read!
The "Hauntology" feature prompted me to search for some of the music described there.
Belbury Poly, and others who I'd not previously heard of, have produced some superb material - check it out!

The letter on p62/63 from "Sean -----" about Twerton certainly makes the amusingly named Bath suburb sound interesting: a temple to Welsh Goddess Arianrhod dating from 950BC, "moonhenge", Templar connections and apparently th'Bard bothtrod the boards there and composed "about a dozen" of his sonnets in the locality, amongst other things. Googling the claims yielded nothing and to my knowledge we don't know where Bill Wagstaff composed anything and he is listed just once as a player- in Ben Johnson's Folio.

Citation needed? I await responses from Forteans more learned (and motivated) than myself in future issues.
I was hoping Sean would give some references, I have had a Google on various local archeological site and canny pin down any reference to a temple of Arianrhod, have heard of "slaughter stone" at Belvoir castle, but references all seem to cross refer. If you're there Sean, please give me a steer in right direction

Back