• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT434

First thoughts on 434: I'm still trying to work out (hopefully without getting too graphic about it, imagination can be a curse) how exactly can you stab a sheep to death with a cross made out of hay? (page seven, Satanism in Hampshire). Hay would not be my first choice for a stabbing weapon. It lacks a certain something.

The Roman Catholic exorcist who was formerly a high-flying financier in the City. (also page seven). I'd love it if he renounced his previous life and took on the big one: the demon Mammon who warps human minds out of greed. Now that would be a scalp and the world might arguably be a better place!

The conspiracy theories about the submarine deaths: there's the one that says the billionaires faked their own deaths, for whatever reason, and never got on the sub at all (knowing retrieving any bodies was going to be impossible and their deaths would be presumed.). The idea is that they chose to take on new identities and live in obscurity. In which case they'd need access to the cash - so the first thought is that however they do this, there would be a clear paper trail to follow? (And why bother doing this in the first place - what are the advantages, apart from the insurance cash?) Conspiraphere this month is a really amazing exercise in how quickly a new conspiracy theory, or a new warren of rabbitholes, can appear overnight with incredible speed, like fast-growing mushrooms. (the "Fairy Ring" idea... now there's another metaphor for conspiracy theories!)

Right, now to carry on reading further than halfway.

Mine dropped through the letterbox this morning, while it was chucking it down with rain, and (as happened once before) the paper mailing cover that they use was wet through and just falling apart.
Withstand any moistness it does not.

First thoughts?
Good.
Though there's one thing that made me go WTF, and loudly, in my local pub.
In the UFO Files, on page 28, the 'Whistleblower' David Grusch was quoted as saying "I've seen some very interesting things that I'm not authorised to talk about publically at the moment. I don't have the approval."
Listen, mate - you're blowing the lid on secret shit. Who gives whistleblowers approval?
That really lost all credibility in his claims.

Odd- no sign of my subscription copy yet.

It's been as regular as night follows day for many years.

Is this a portent of doom, or something less dramatic? I'll give it till teatime Monday, and then consider panicking.

no sign of my subscription copy yet.
I'm guessing you live in some remote, far-flung, off-the-beaten-track type of place which has it's mail delivered by air-drop, once a week?
My copy got delivered yesterday morning.

My copy came yesterday. Predictably, the dog got there first, and, never mind not being waterproof, those paper envelopes are definitely not dog proof. Fortunately it bears the brunt of the attack, and the magazine is largely untouched.

Have you considered putting a cage around it?
The letterbox, not the dog (although that would also work).

I actually read more than I usually do. Mostly IHTM and sidelines. But reincarnation is interesting and there was a lot in this issue.

One bit I found really interesting was the mention of place memory regression. I tried to find out more but the internet has not been very helpful. Has anyone else come across this before?

Big improvement on last month's FT.
The past life regression pages were particularly fascinating and prompted me to research it.
Also enjoyed the natural history of elves/fairies/fauns etc. and how they are affected by cultural filters.

I'm guessing you live in some remote, far-flung, off-the-beaten-track type of place which has it's mail delivered by air-drop, once a week?
No, not yet! I currently live in the 90:90 zone (I can reach 90% of Scotland within 90mins).

My FT434 arrived *at last* whilst we were down in Yorkshire (very unusual for it to have been so delayed: it might even have only been delivered yesterday, based upon one non-rigorous interpretation of the enormous pile of mail behind my letterbox- the 'crime scene' was altered by the action of opening the front door).

An excellent edition (but: I always find it hard not to love FT).

Last edited:
I'd rather like to have my next copy of FT delivered the same way as Vince Noir gets his copy of 'Cheekbone' - by Ninja.

This issue's Classical Corner is about Mary, mother of Jesus. There is mention of a text called The Greater Questions of Mary, in which Jesus performs some miraculous sexual acts in the titular woman's presence. A quick bit of online research shows that most people say the Mary of the title is Mary Magdalene, not the BVM. I wouldn't think Barry Baldwin would make such an error.

Back