Funeral Strangeness

Mouldy13

Devoted Cultist
As per the story in this thread

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/foresight-dreams.65936/#post-1881325

I attended the funeral yesterday. The lady who's funeral it was had a long standing love of Jack Russell terriers. as her four sons carried the coffin to the altar at the church they were followed by a dog of that breed, they placed the coffin at the front of the church and the little dog went up the stairs and sat at the priest's feet while he began his eulogy.

when he'd finished the dog arose, walked down the aisle and out of the church, it's demeanour was calm, confident and even jaunty. Talking to friends and family of the deceased afterwards it turned out that no-one knew where the dog came from or where it went afterwards.

Once again co-incidence is the obvious Occam style answer but I'll just put this out there, that's two coincidences involved in this situation, one obviously very distressing and the other strangely uplifting.

RaM

Justified & Ancient
I went to the funeral of a friend of the wife, now I did not like her so dropped the wife off and
sat on the car park, now this couple always had birds about, they used to rescue raptors and
allsorts of other birds, sitting there and out of nowhere walkes a chicken, I was on the point of
picking it up and going with it to stand at the back of the church when the doors opened and
they all came out, a few days after I saw the husband and told him what had happened and
that I was just going to walk in with the cluck, he said "you should have done, it only wanted
to say goodby".

Jacket_Potato

Devoted Cultist
As per the story in this thread

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/foresight-dreams.65936/#post-1881325

I attended the funeral yesterday. The lady who's funeral it was had a long standing love of Jack Russell terriers. as her four sons carried the coffin to the altar at the church they were followed by a dog of that breed, they placed the coffin at the front of the church and the little dog went up the stairs and sat at the priest's feet while he began his eulogy.

when he'd finished the dog arose, walked down the aisle and out of the church, it's demeanour was calm, confident and even jaunty. Talking to friends and family of the deceased afterwards it turned out that no-one knew where the dog came from or where it went afterwards.

Once again co-incidence is the obvious Occam style answer but I'll just put this out there, that's two coincidences involved in this situation, one obviously very distressing and the other strangely uplifting.
This is incredible, did anyone know who the dog belonged to or where it went? Sounds like the most uplifting thing at such a sad time

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
'It was the man's last request' - Funeral car goes for a wash and wax at Cobham petrol station
By Riley Krause cavemankrauseReporter - Croydon & Merton

Going for one final wash

0 comment

Some want The Beatles be played at their funeral; others ask for their ashes to be scattered into the ocean.
But one man's final request had a few people scratching their heads.
Chris Higgins popped into the Cobham petrol station in Bridgeway last week to fill up his tank.
But as he was going about his business, a hearse pulled in.
etc
https://www.surreycomet.co.uk/news/...7GMvx_Z8q23_-y_NzSNkOVzYIjlEKlszqSJ5mtRTnp_bs

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
This is more "awkward" than "strange" ... In recent years it's become common for lots of unrelated people to attend the funerals of US military veterans who die alone with no known family. The stories of such veterans' end states proliferate through social media, whereupon sentimentality and patriotism motivate large turnouts.

In this Florida case the deceased veteran's situation wasn't quite as advertised ... Oops ...
Thousands showed up for the funeral of a veteran with no family. Then the truth came out.

On the day of Edward K. Pearson’s funeral, traffic in Sarasota, Fla., came to a standstill. An estimated 4,000 people showed up to pay their respects to the 80-year-old Army veteran, and the roads were so jammed that the service had to be delayed for nearly an hour while the car carrying his ashes was stuck in transit.

Hardly any of the mourners packing Sarasota National Cemetery for the full military funeral on Oct. 1 had met the man they were there to honor. Instead, they had come because of a brief obituary that had gone viral, saying that the elderly veteran had no immediate family and inviting the public to attend his memorial service.

It was a heartwarming story. But the truth turned out to be slightly more complicated.

As Sarasota Herald-Tribune columnist Chris Anderson recently discovered, Pearson actually had two sons and had walked out on his family when the boys were teenagers. Until their father’s obituary went viral, they had been under the impression that he was dead. But even though the two men came forward the day before the service, the funeral home didn’t inform the public that Pearson did, indeed, have living family members. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ran-funeral-after-viral-obituary-he-had-sons/

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Hashish served in the customary post-funeral coffee and snack didn't help with the grieving this time ...
German restaurant accidentally serves hash cake at funeral

Police say a funeral in eastern Germany ended on an involuntary drug high when mourners were accidentally served hash cake.

Rostock police said Tuesday after the burial in Wiethagen, the funeral party went to a restaurant for coffee and cake, as is customary in Germany. But after eating the cake, 13 people experienced nausea and dizziness and needed medical treatment.

A police investigation revealed that the restaurant employee in charge of the cakes had asked her 18-year-old daughter to bake them. However, the mother accidentally took the wrong cake from the freezer to the funeral. She took a hash cake that the teenager had made for a different occasion.

Police said the 18-year-old is under investigation.

The incident happened in August but wasn’t published earlier out of respect for the mourners.
SOURCE: https://apnews.com/4126cbac3e3b4494a1a5e42832e06e22

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
I thought that stuff was supposed to alleviate nausea.
It affects people differently. Maybe people gravitate towards it who get some of the alleged benefits. I know of one person, at least, who finds it just makes him want to sit on the toilet, expecting an event which does not always arrive. No cool visual or sonic enhancements included. :mad:

balding13

Ephemeral Spectre
It affects people differently. Maybe people gravitate towards it who get some of the alleged benefits. I know of one person, at least, who finds it just makes him want to sit on the toilet, expecting an event which does not always arrive. No cool visual or sonic enhancements included. :mad:
He's confused senapods with sensimilla.