Funeral Strangeness

Mouldy13

Devoted Cultist
As per the story in this thread

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/foresight-dreams.65936/#post-1881325

I attended the funeral yesterday. The lady who's funeral it was had a long standing love of Jack Russell terriers. as her four sons carried the coffin to the altar at the church they were followed by a dog of that breed, they placed the coffin at the front of the church and the little dog went up the stairs and sat at the priest's feet while he began his eulogy.

when he'd finished the dog arose, walked down the aisle and out of the church, it's demeanour was calm, confident and even jaunty. Talking to friends and family of the deceased afterwards it turned out that no-one knew where the dog came from or where it went afterwards.

Once again co-incidence is the obvious Occam style answer but I'll just put this out there, that's two coincidences involved in this situation, one obviously very distressing and the other strangely uplifting.

RaM

Justified & Ancient
I went to the funeral of a friend of the wife, now I did not like her so dropped the wife off and
sat on the car park, now this couple always had birds about, they used to rescue raptors and
allsorts of other birds, sitting there and out of nowhere walkes a chicken, I was on the point of
picking it up and going with it to stand at the back of the church when the doors opened and
they all came out, a few days after I saw the husband and told him what had happened and
that I was just going to walk in with the cluck, he said "you should have done, it only wanted
to say goodby".

Jacket_Potato

Junior Acolyte
As per the story in this thread

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/foresight-dreams.65936/#post-1881325

I attended the funeral yesterday. The lady who's funeral it was had a long standing love of Jack Russell terriers. as her four sons carried the coffin to the altar at the church they were followed by a dog of that breed, they placed the coffin at the front of the church and the little dog went up the stairs and sat at the priest's feet while he began his eulogy.

when he'd finished the dog arose, walked down the aisle and out of the church, it's demeanour was calm, confident and even jaunty. Talking to friends and family of the deceased afterwards it turned out that no-one knew where the dog came from or where it went afterwards.

Once again co-incidence is the obvious Occam style answer but I'll just put this out there, that's two coincidences involved in this situation, one obviously very distressing and the other strangely uplifting.
This is incredible, did anyone know who the dog belonged to or where it went? Sounds like the most uplifting thing at such a sad time