• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Game Of Thrones [Spoilers]

Mmm, not so sure about that. Every vid of the actors at comic con, every interview, even that crap show that's on after GoT (you know the one, with Sue Perkins), the actors all say, I don't know or I CAN'T say. I'd imagine that Arya will get bumped off if she has revealed a plot thread, especially this particular plot thread. Arya can always become one of the faceless, so Arya doesn't HAVE to be played by Maisie Williams.

Besides, Jon snow doesn't have to stay the same as he was when we last saw him.

This no spoiler thang is harder than it looks. :banghead:

I should mention the white text I added as a way to write my own theory, in an attempted spoiler avoider.

Couldn't pick where I'd seen the priest's love interest until the credits rolled at the end of the ep.

White Walker. Can't see his eyes. He'll return in episode 9 as King of the White Walkers and rule Middle Earth peacefully during the long winter, tormenting only those who wronged his family ... which is ... everyone.

Game of Thrones season 6: First image of an older Bran Stark
Never has a show's hair been analysed so much

Bran Stark is clearly going to be a big feature of Game of Thrones season 6. Firstly he was chosen as the visual to accompany the words of the Three-Eyed Raven in the first teaser trailer, and now he is the subject of the first official image.
After taking a fallow season in 5, the young Stark is back and looks a little older, noticeably having lost his Jon Snow-esque long hair.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...rst-look-at-an-older-bran-stark-a6789046.html

Game of Thrones season 6: HBO releases 26 new images
Arya is now a blind assassin

Game of Thrones fans hit the motherload this morning as HBO and Sky Atlantic released a batch of stills from the upcoming season 6.
It seems they're keeping the new characters under wraps, but there's a lot we can glean with regards to what those we already know are up to.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...on-6-hbo-releases-26-new-images-a6869076.html

Edit: Content not working for me at the moment, they should resolve the issue soon though.
Double edit: Works on Chrome rather than Firefox - not much to see really, needn't have bothered.

Last edited by a moderator:
No dragons. It's a hoax scam. The next season should see the dragons burn out the other three kingdoms. House Targaryon!! Fire and Blood!!

GAME OF LOANS

Westeros is in the grip of a sovereign debt crisis. Queen-Mother Cersei needs to hire an economic advisor before the money runs out

As Queen-Mother Cersei undertook her walk of shame through the streets of the capital at the end of the last season of “Game of Thrones”, she was surely plotting vengeance on those responsible for her humiliation. But she was probably also wondering exactly how she found herself in such an unfortunate situation. One reason unlikely to occur to the embattled queen is her financial naivety – namely, her failure to grasp the catastrophic nature of her fiscal policy for the Seven Kingdoms.

In a 2014 interview with Rolling Stone magazine, George R. R. Martin, the author of “A Song of Ice and Fire” (the series on which the HBO show is based), complained that fantasy authors often fail to engage with economics. “As much as I admire Tolkien, I do quibble with him… What was Aragorn’s tax policy?” Martin – unlike Cersei – has thought deeply about the economic systems underpinning his imagined world, so it’s worth taking a closer look at how they function. For Cersei’s predicament, it turns out, largely derives from her failure to understand the nature of international credit.

Across the sea from the capital King’s Landing, in the Free City of Braavos, is the Iron Bank of Braavos, the dominant financial institution on the continents of Essos and Westeros. Martin modelled the Iron Bank on medieval banks controlled by powerful families from the cities of northern Italy. They provided credit, deposit, loan and foreign exchange services all across western Europe. Bankers from Florence and Lucca worked with the English crown under Kings Edward I, II and III, financing the kingdom’s wars on various fronts (especially France) and offering both current account and overdraft facilities. Edwards II and III even agreed to turn over all their revenue to two particular banking houses; they paid the kings’ budgets and, in return, were allowed to exercise a monopoly over the country’s most important export, high-quality English wool. ...

https://www.1843magazine.com/culture/the-daily/game-of-loans

Just starting watching this. Season one very good and taught. Season two - Coronation Street with swords. Season three ok. Although with the cast it's like Midsommer Murders.Please tell me John Nettles is in it at some point?

Just starting watching this. Season one very good and taught. Season two - Coronation Street with swords. Season three ok. Although with the cast it's like Midsommer Murders.Please tell me John Nettles is in it at some point?
I got halfway through season one and lost interest. I read books one and two, and skimmed the next two and lost interest.

Watched episode 2 last night. Sad to see the producers have dropped my avatar for Max von Sydow. Must've hung with the wrong people.

I'm disappointed at where it's gone so far with Jon Snow and Melisandre, predictable but at least something's actually happening now besides two girls hitting each other with a stick and another girl laying on a slab. It has been a very boring season.

Back