• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ghosts Of Pets

Anyone mentioned the ghost of a sabre-toothed tiger from one of Nick Redfern's books?
In America, I think?
That would be the 2009 Jenny Burrows sighting in the Seattle area. Here's how Redfern described it in 2011:

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2011/10/ghosts-or-monsters/

Nope - it hadn't been mentioned here on the forum before. I'm not sure Burrows mentioned it anywhere other than her communication with Redfern back in 2009.

I had this pop up on my facebook yesterday which slots into this thread:

Do all dogs go the heaven? Decide for yourself this Friday on the OutKast paranormal YouTube!! #Subscribe

Outkast Paranormal's channel ..
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg-WS-fVEAaa7zqMTMGy5Mg

One of Stacy's pictures ..

adogghost001.jpg

The various youtube ghost/forteana video channels like Nuke's Top 5 and Chills had security cam footage of a "ghost dog" recently. Trying to track it down

I knew someone who told me that when he lived in a flat-share in London he saw a big cat walk through their flat. My memory fails to remember if it was a tiger or a lion - but one of the two. I shall assume it was a tiger in my description.

He said he saw it walking through the lounge and said to a flatmate "Do you see the tiger just walking through the flat?" or words to that effect, and his flatmate said they had. My friend said to me it was very odd because the flat they lived in was not the sort of place you would expect a tiger to have lived, if they were a ghost tiger. I am almost certain he said it was not a ground floor flat either. They had no idea where it exited their flat. They saw it and it just walked through the flat and they didn't see it again.

I don't know what explanation you might have for 2 people seeing a large tiger walking through their flat (I don't think he is into alcohol or drugs before you ask), but it was an interesting story. He told me this story some years ago and that is why I have forgotten all the exact details, but I couldn't forget it completely because it was so strange.

I knew someone who told me that when he lived in a flat-share in London he saw a big cat walk through their flat. My memory fails to remember if it was a tiger or a lion - but one of the two. I shall assume it was a tiger in my description.

He said he saw it walking through the lounge and said to a flatmate "Do you see the tiger just walking through the flat?" or words to that effect, and his flatmate said they had. My friend said to me it was very odd because the flat they lived in was not the sort of place you would expect a tiger to have lived, if they were a ghost tiger. I am almost certain he said it was not a ground floor flat either. They had no idea where it exited their flat. They saw it and it just walked through the flat and they didn't see it again.

I don't know what explanation you might have for 2 people seeing a large tiger walking through their flat (I don't think he is into alcohol or drugs before you ask), but it was an interesting story. He told me this story some years ago and that is why I have forgotten all the exact details, but I couldn't forget it completely because it was so strange.
Glitch in the Matrix?

Glitch in the Matrix?
I have no idea. It is strange that more than one person saw the same thing.

My friend said the tiger just walked through like it belonged there. It was an ordinary day in every other way - just a tiger walked through the flat.... :hahazebs:
My friend's explanation was it was some sort of ghost, but it was in a really weird location for that sort of animal.

I think I would love to see that sort of a ghost. I love cats of all sizes.

My friend said the tiger just walked through like it belonged there. It was an ordinary day in every other way - just a tiger walked through the flat....
Crazy story. Did your friend say if it looked like a real, solid animal? As opposed to looking 'ethereal' in any way? Did he say whether he and the other witness compared notes on what they saw?

My brother, who is interested but generally much more of a rationalist/sceptic than me, recently told me of an event some years ago in an earlier home when he saw, fleetingly, what he was sure was a white 'scotty dog' on the stairs. It was there and then it was gone. There was nowhere for it to go, and no reason for a dog to be there, and nothing there that he might have misinterpreted. He was bemused about it, but he seems to be happy just to shrug it off as one of those things. And I suppose it is.

Crazy story. Did your friend say if it looked like a real, solid animal? As opposed to looking 'ethereal' in any way? Did he say whether he and the other witness compared notes on what they saw?

My brother, who is interested but generally much more of a rationalist/sceptic than me, recently told me of an event some years ago in an earlier home when he saw, fleetingly, what he was sure was a white 'scotty dog' on the stairs. It was there and then it was gone. There was nowhere for it to go, and no reason for a dog to be there, and nothing there that he might have misinterpreted. He was bemused about it, but he seems to be happy just to shrug it off as one of those things. And I suppose it is.

From what I remember it looked solid rather than ethereal. He likes cats so I think he didn't find the experience unpleasant, just unexpected/strange. He said he confirmed the sighting with at least one other person in the flat. I would have to talk to him again about it to hear the details again. From what I remember someone saw it walking through another part of the flat - but after that it presumably found a suitable exit point because they never saw it again.

I don't think the experience worried him at all. It was just a strange happening that he had no explanation for.

We have a thread, or some posts on a thread, about a dog that jumped out of a solid wall inside a house. It was seen by two young brothers who were playing together indoors.

Edit: found it -

The Dog That Leaped Out of My Wall

As we were foot fighting my brother gave me a hefty push which forced my chair to slide backwards. As it did, this small black dog jumped out of the wall where my chair had been and onto the floor in front of us. This was an interior wall with no windows or doors and was a connecting wall to the house next door.
I remember the dog as being a small black scottish terrier which looked as confused to be in our front room as we were.

Even stranger is that we had a mongrel dog who was asleep on the sofa and didn't bat an eyelid. That is until I ran past him screaming straight up the stairs to my mum. I mentioned this to my brother for years afterwards and he always denied it happened.

That was until recently at a party when I told people what happened and he agreed that it did take place. I then asked him what happened after I had ran away and he said that it just disappeared.

When I was a lot younger me and the first wife were owned by 2 Great Danes. When my youngest was born I got bladdered with neighbours/friends and woke up in my king size bed with a Dane stretched out either side of me…there was very little room for me, just a tangle of bloody long legs. The cheeky sods took advantage of my inebriated self to a) come up the stairs, forbidden! and b) get on the bed, double forbidden!
If they came back from beyond the grave and made themselves at home on the bed, I doubt I would ever get any sleep.

I have no idea. It is strange that more than one person saw the same thing.

My friend said the tiger just walked through like it belonged there. It was an ordinary day in every other way - just a tiger walked through the flat.... :hahazebs:
My friend's explanation was it was some sort of ghost, but it was in a really weird location for that sort of animal.

I think I would love to see that sort of a ghost. I love cats of all sizes.
Before it became illegal in the 70s there was a trend for keeping big cats as pets (scroll down):

https://www.ranker.com/list/1960s-exotic-pet-fad/claire-stephens

Two University Students Bought A Lion And Lived With It In A London Flat

"When two friends, John Rendall and Anthony Bourke, left Harrods in 1969 with a lion cub in their arms, there was no way of telling what effect their purchase would have on the world. The two brought Christian the Lion back to their furniture store in Chelsea, where they raised him through his first months of life. The friends obtained permission from a vicar to exercise him in a local graveyard, and brought him on day trips to the seaside."

Also, here is a YouTube clip of a 60s woman walking a 'pet' tiger in a city location:

I can imagine such creatures were utterly miserable and that mortality rates were high, so maybe the sad creature died in that building and has been trying to get free ever since...?

Never one of our own pets but our first house was haunted by a little black cat
we would see it at lest every few days but sometimes several times a day.
Love it :) I've posted on here before about the ghost black cat of the Dartington Hall Lodge that sits at the foot of the Dartington Private Drive. I was told about this fleeting ghost by two different people who had lived in the lodge at different times

Before it became illegal in the 70s there was a trend for keeping big cats as pets (scroll down):

https://www.ranker.com/list/1960s-exotic-pet-fad/claire-stephens

Two University Students Bought A Lion And Lived With It In A London Flat

"When two friends, John Rendall and Anthony Bourke, left Harrods in 1969 with a lion cub in their arms, there was no way of telling what effect their purchase would have on the world. The two brought Christian the Lion back to their furniture store in Chelsea, where they raised him through his first months of life. The friends obtained permission from a vicar to exercise him in a local graveyard, and brought him on day trips to the seaside."

Also, here is a YouTube clip of a 60s woman walking a 'pet' tiger in a city location:

I can imagine such creatures were utterly miserable and that mortality rates were high, so maybe the sad creature died in that building and has been trying to get free ever since...?
I had heard Harrods sold the lion cub. My friend had probably heard about this too. But the flat he was in was probably quite small/grotty (when I asked, he confirmed it wasn't great/not big etc)and I would think anyone who could afford a lion or tiger would have lived in a posher/larger property. He did say he had considered circuses kept animals....Maybe the land was used once for circuses?

I don't like the thought of it being an unhappy animal.

I had heard Harrods sold the lion cub. My friend had probably heard about this too. But the flat he was in was probably quite small/grotty (when I asked, he confirmed it wasn't great/not big etc)and I would think anyone who could afford a lion or tiger would have lived in a posher/larger property. He did say he had considered circuses kept animals....Maybe the land was used once for circuses?

The cub was eventually taken to Kenya, naturalised and set free via the Born Free Foundation. His previous owners visited and were treated to liony hugs and introduced to his mate and cubs. You can see a video of this on YouTube. :)

There is a detailed piece about the Harrod's pet department and Christian the lion in Neil Arnold's mystery animals of the British Isles: London CFZ press

My mom never liked pets claiming they were too expensive to keep, and also pets were like a another needy child in the family.

This was not surprising as my parents came from poor backgrounds.

I never had a pet and I certainly never thought about pet ghosts.

But just recently friends of my wife claimed one of their 4 year old granddaughter claims she sees a ghost dog that visits the granddaughter at night in her bedroom.

What makes this interesting is that this family never had a pet dog.

This is not a “ big story “, but makes me think about if the ghost and spirit world is real, or is this a case of a child with an over active imagination ?

Back