• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Harry Hill's TV Burp

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Anyone see this on Saturday? Not the most immediately obvious Fortean programme, but there was a hilarious spoof of Derek Acorah on it, complete with a fight between him and Scooby Doo.

My only quibble was that Acorah seemed to be getting the better of Scooby in the fight, when it should have been the other way around as Scooby has a proven record of exposing odd old men using the supernatural for their own nefarious ends.

The bit with the Gollum impersonations in Corrie and Emmerdale were brilliant. This is one of ITV's few original and funny shows, so why do they shunt it into a Saturday teatime slot when it's easily missed?

lordboreal said:
This is one of ITV's few original and funny shows, so why do they shunt it into a Saturday teatime slot when it's easily missed?
The first series was on at 10.00 pm on a Sunday, so they have given it a more popular slot (having worked out that kids find Harry just as funny as adults do - no mean trick.) Any later and all the programmes bar new bulletins are an hour long, to avoid that dreadful situation on a Saturday night where a BBC programme might end at the same time as an ITV one, and people might turn over :shock: . Can't have that, now (though I once heard from one who works for them that the Beeb frequently shift their schedules at the eleventh hour, just before the Radio Times etc go to press, so that say Casualty starts at the end of the previous ITV programme - having a live lottery show helps, cos they can bugger abiout with the duration by up to ten minutes if they want :).)

Back OT - I think Harry Hill's brilliant :D. One of the very few that can reduce me to absolute hysterics. So glad to see TV Burp back!

The best bit was when a seemingly 'possessed' Degsy yelled out "Get away , you slut!" at Daniella Westbrook. Think we'd all like to say that . :D

The best bit was when a seemingly 'possessed' Degsy yelled out "Get away , you slut!" at Daniella Westbrook. Think we'd all like to say that .

I almost fell off the chair laughing! Brilliant stuff.

And I agree that an adult Great Dane could take down a camp northern psychic with no trouble at all.

fquake said:
And I agree that an adult Great Dane could take down a camp northern psychic with no trouble at all.

As obvious as it is, I reckon it'd still be worth testing out.

Mighty_Emperor said:
fquake said:

As obvious as it is, I reckon it'd still be worth testing out.

Now I would pay to see that.

I wonder if there was ever a Scooby Doo episode where they exposed a fake psychic?

Imagine this in a scouse accent: "And I would have gotten away with it too if it hadn't been for those meddling kids!

Back