• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
She plays an American, although I read earlier she used to live in England, so maybe she could pull off the accent if needed.

The Boy

Lauren Cohan (Maggie from The Walking Dead) moves into an English mansion to look after an elderly couples little boy. Turns out he's a porcelain doll, as the real kid's been dead for 20 years!

A little awkward in the set-up, but fairly chilling once it gets going, helped by Daniel (The Texas Chain Saw Massacre) Pearl as cinematographer.

6/10

Saw it tonight. Worth watching.

There was a really horrid film that I saw the trailer for when I went to see Deadpool, one I'll definitely be avoiding.

Reminded me of that bit from Trainspotting with the dead baby only a whole film of it... well ok dead bairns but still much too :eek::eek::eek: for me these days.

There was a really horrid film that I saw the trailer for when I went to see Deadpool, one I'll definitely be avoiding.

Reminded me of that bit from Trainspotting with the dead baby only a whole film of it... well ok dead bairns but still much too :eek::eek::eek: for me these days.

Can you remember the name?

71m90yhnl-L._SL1256_.jpg

I've just seen The Boy (2016) and liked it more than anything that I've seen of late. It's a modern-Gothic-cum- Hitchcockian psychological thriller. It has shades of both Psycho and Magic about it.

It is just the sort of down-beat and slow paced puzzler that I've come to appreciate. There is a good central performance from a Lauren Cohan, and a sumptuous (if cliched) creepy-old-house setting.It's the sort of film that makes you want to say -`They don't make 'em like this anymore` - before realising that they do... because you're watching one.

And I enjoyed the faux- British-British Columbian backdrop too!

A classy little gem.
I raved about `The Boy` a while back - to no avail, so I'm taking the liberty of reposting myself!

It's early days of course, but there's going to have to be some stiff competition for it not to make one of my best films of the year.

Great performance from the young lead there. Wonder what he's been up to since. Been a while. Might have a ganders.

Wes Craven school pop punk music video :) ... (it's worth watching until the end unless you hate pop punk)

Here's another good horror film that's become a bit obscure, starring Charlton Heston, and based upon Bram Stoker's 1903 novel The Jewel of Seven Stars.

51q2OQpZ7oL._SY445_.jpg

There was a better version (er, says I!) shortly before called Blood from the Mummy's Tomb, which didn't have the exotic locations but did have an interesting despair to it. And Valerie Leon!

What was that 70's horror called where a patient was on a hospital bed with a giant boil on his her/his back that eventually split to birth a red indian chief/native American ? .... I haven't seen that in years ..

I though it was .. I checked the trailer for Manitou and didn't see the 'zit back' demon ? .... perhaps I watched the wrong trailer or they weren't so spoiler heavy back then? .. but thanks ...

Grabbers, a huge tentacled monster invades an irish island, the inhabitants responds by having a lock in. Its very good, 9/10

I liked that one too, nice sense of humour to it. The same guy followed it up with a sci-fi epic on a budget called Robot Overlords that wasn't bad either.

The Creepy Gas Station from 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre' is Becoming a Resort
In most horror movies, there’s a specific point when the viewer realizes the protagonists have a big problem on their hands. In the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre that point comes about 20 minutes into the film. Our roadtripping teenage heroes have successfully forced a deranged hitchhiker from their vehicle and need gas, so they stop at the aptly named Last Chance Gas Station. The pumps are dry—waiting on a fuel delivery—but it should show up by tomorrow morning, if the kids want to kill time nearby. Just don’t go messin’ around the old Franklin place.

http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/the-creepy-gas-station-from-the-texas-chainsaw-massacre-is-becoming-a-resort

Is this even vaguely as good (scary, creepy) a film as I remember it as?
I watched this drunk as a skunk on absinthe, violet liqueur, and champagne and was terrified to the point of sleeping with a large kitchen knife under my pillow...
But memories can't be relied upon. I thought that this was an actual movie that I'd seen...ha,ha,ha

Back