• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Jordan Peterson

The KKK do like to add the letter K to things. It might be Grand Eagle.

Probably best we curtail that line, now, or we'll get complaints that I'll have to investigate and then exonerate myself from.

Here's his YouTube of the same article he wrote.

The Jordan Peterson of the Left.

The renowned Black scholar Adolph Reed opposes the politics of anti-racism, describing it as a cover for capitalism.

Within the world of racial politics, Adolph Reed is the great modern denouncer. His day job, for forty years, was as a political scientist. (He is now emeritus at the University of Pennsylvania.) But by night he has maintained a long-term position, too, as a left-wing lambaster of figures he believes are selling some vision of race for political expediency or profit. In Harper’s, the Village Voice, Jacobin, and smaller factional outlets, not all of them still operating, Reed has called out Barack Obama as a “vacuous opportunist,” and the scholars bell hooks and Michael Eric Dyson as “little more than hustlers, blending bombast, cliches, psychobabble, and lame guilt tripping in service to the ‘pay me’ principle.” For Reed, class is what divides people, and far too many political actors treat race as an all-explaining category.

Like his friend and ally Barbara Fields, a professor of history at Columbia University and the author of “Racecraft,” Reed tends to look skeptically on diversity programs or campaigns for reparations, which he believes redirect political energies for change into symbolic efforts that help just a few powerful Black people; these stances have put him in opposition to activist anti-racist thinkers, like Ibram X. Kendi and Robin DiAngelo, and to mainstream liberal figures, such as Isabel Wilkerson, Ta-Nehisi Coates, and Henry Louis Gates, Jr.

“I taught Obama’s cohort—the Yale version,” Reed told me. “And I was struck by how many of them were so convinced that the whole purpose of the civil-rights movement was that people like them could go to Ivy League colleges and go to Wall Street afterward, how many of them were dispositively convinced that rich people are smarter than the rest of us.” It was the same perspective, Reed went on, that suggested that “more Oscars for Ava DuVernay is like a victory for the civil-rights movement, and not just for Ava DuVernay and her agent.”...

https://www.newyorker.com/news/annals-of-inquiry/the-marxist-who-antagonizes-liberals-and-the-left

Peterson warns of Global Plot.

Jordan Peterson is rarely lacking in strong opinions, but even by the standards of the Canadian psychologist turned hard-right culture warrior, this was vehement stuff: a city is planning to lock people in their local districts as part of a “well-documented” global plot to, ultimately, deprive them of all personal possessions.

Where was this? Not Beijing, or even Pyongyang. It was Oxford. In the days since Peterson’s tweet – viewed 7.5m times – officials in the city have fielded endless queries from around the world asking why they are imposing a “climate lockdown”. Inevitably, there have also been some threats.

Repeated insistence that Peterson’s version of events is nonsense has done little to stem the tide. In the week or so since, large numbers of people, often from the far right or with links to other conspiracy theories, have leapt aboard.

Oxford’s traffic plan, they insist, is the first step in a global plot led by – depending on who you listen to – the World Economic Forum (WEF) or the UN, designed to strip people of their fundamental rights and personal possessions in the name of the environment.

What’s going on? The short answer is that even in the context of an era in which conspiracy theories are rife, policies connected to cars and traffic seem particularly susceptible for a variety of reasons.

The first thing to clear up is that the claims have no basis, beyond the fact that six traffic filters will be installed across Oxford, in locations yet to be confirmed, as part of a plan led by Oxfordshire county council and supported by the city council. ...

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...n-schemes-attract-so-many-conspiracy-theories

Peterson warns of Global Plot.

Jordan Peterson is rarely lacking in strong opinions, but even by the standards of the Canadian psychologist turned hard-right culture warrior, this was vehement stuff: a city is planning to lock people in their local districts as part of a “well-documented” global plot to, ultimately, deprive them of all personal possessions.

Where was this? Not Beijing, or even Pyongyang. It was Oxford. In the days since Peterson’s tweet – viewed 7.5m times – officials in the city have fielded endless queries from around the world asking why they are imposing a “climate lockdown”. Inevitably, there have also been some threats.

Repeated insistence that Peterson’s version of events is nonsense has done little to stem the tide. In the week or so since, large numbers of people, often from the far right or with links to other conspiracy theories, have leapt aboard.

Oxford’s traffic plan, they insist, is the first step in a global plot led by – depending on who you listen to – the World Economic Forum (WEF) or the UN, designed to strip people of their fundamental rights and personal possessions in the name of the environment.

What’s going on? The short answer is that even in the context of an era in which conspiracy theories are rife, policies connected to cars and traffic seem particularly susceptible for a variety of reasons.

The first thing to clear up is that the claims have no basis, beyond the fact that six traffic filters will be installed across Oxford, in locations yet to be confirmed, as part of a plan led by Oxfordshire county council and supported by the city council. ...

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...n-schemes-attract-so-many-conspiracy-theories

“Oxfordshire County Council wants to divide the city of Oxford into six ‘15 minute’ districts. In these districts, it is said, most household essentials will be accessible by a quarter-of-an-hour walk or bike ride, and so residents will have no need for a car.

On the surface, these 15-minute neigbourhoods might sound pleasant and convenient. But there is a coercive edge. The council plans to cut car use and traffic congestion by placing strict rules on car journeys. Under the new proposals, if any of Oxford’s 150,000 residents drives outside of their designated district more than 100 days a year, he or she could be fined £70.”

Read the full article, showing the other side of this issue

https://www.spiked-online.com/2022/10/25/the-madness-of-the-15-minute-city/

maximus otter

“Oxfordshire County Council wants to divide the city of Oxford into six ‘15 minute’ districts. In these districts, it is said, most household essentials will be accessible by a quarter-of-an-hour walk or bike ride, and so residents will have no need for a car.

On the surface, these 15-minute neigbourhoods might sound pleasant and convenient. But there is a coercive edge. The council plans to cut car use and traffic congestion by placing strict rules on car journeys. Under the new proposals, if any of Oxford’s 150,000 residents drives outside of their designated district more than 100 days a year, he or she could be fined £70.”

maximus otter
Damn you, MO! Quit presenting inconvenient facts. You have been on my radar for quite some time.

Edited: :)

Last edited:
Damn you, MO! Quit presenting inconvenient facts. You have been on my radar for quite some time.

It's good to get both sides of the story on the record here. Some good stuff in the Spiked article, I admire their tendency (and Peterson's) to swim against the current. I don't believe there's a Global Conspiracy at play though.

It's good to get both sides of the story on the record here. Some good stuff in the Spiked article, I admire their tendency (and Peterson's) to swim against the current. I don't believe there's a Global Conspiracy at play though.
I hope MO understands I was joking. I will edit and add a smiley.

If there is a global conspiracy, it is the mayors, which is a public organization and so not very hidden from the public. Very poor conspiracy (unless it is a cover for the Mayors 10 or 5.... Oh dear I am down the rabbit hole.)

It's part of Agenda 2030, IIRC.
That's an actual conspiracy, not a conspiracy theory.

It's part of Agenda 2030, IIRC.
That's an actual conspiracy, not a conspiracy theory.

Agenda 2030 is real but it is being misrepresented by conspiracy theorists who suggest it's being used to massively reduce population through euthanasia etc. It's an agenda but most of it doesn't have legal underpinning, it's largely aspirational.

Agenda 2030 is real but it is being misrepresented by conspiracy theorists who suggest it's being used to massively reduce population through euthanasia etc. It's an agenda but most of it doesn't have legal underpinning, it's largely aspirational.
Well... we'll see. Time will tell.

maximus otter

Even more fun! Additional info at link.

A trial scheme to reduce car traffic in central Oxford has drawn the ire of activists promoting conspiracy theories online. But why exactly?

Oxford residents may have been surprised when they opened their post boxes in the last week. "Hello Guinea Pig" said a leaflet delivered to many homes across the city.

It appeared to be decorated with the Oxford coat of arms, but instead of depicting an ox crossing a river at the centre, this version showed a guinea pig instead.

A Not Our Future volunteer posts leaflets with the words Hello Guinea Pig through a letterbox in Oxford
IMAGE SOURCE, GETTY IMAGES. Image caption, Not Our Future volunteers claim to have distributed thousands of leaflets across Oxford

The leaflet, produced by activist group Not Our Future, criticises an Oxfordshire County Council scheme aimed at stopping local drivers from using busy city routes at peak times.

It alleges that councillors have been "duped into thinking this is for the good of the people" and told "to make it happen".
Asked about evidence to back those claims, Not Our Future directed the BBC to the group's website. There, a local media article is referenced as a source, despite not including any such allegations.

The group also falsely links the traffic reduction scheme to the United Nations and its policies on tackling climate change - a problem which it sees as non-existent.
"The climate is changing as it always does," it says in its leaflet. "It's a natural cycle. The planet isn't 'on fire'."

In response to the leaflet, Oxfordshire County Council said it respects the right of anyone to voice opposition to its policies. But it also said that "some of the information being circulated by the group is demonstrably false".

More details on the respective positions of Not Our Future and Oxford Council may be found at the link below. This sort excerpt doesn't contain the full info/discussion, RM.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-64223058

ChatGPT will not have anything to do with Jordan Peterson.

...no one checked/screened/made objective the training data...again.

More seriously, we've normalized the term 'AI' for what is a sophisticated input/out machine and I'd suggest large numbers of people are now falling for the 'An AI says it so it must be true' ruse. I wonder what they'll use it for next?

If you read just a wee bit deeper into the conversation there are many examples of things written in the style of Peterson with no issue whatsoever. It is suggested that, in this particular case, the result may have been an issue with the original prompt.

Look at you, wading in with your fancy nuance and superfluous detail.

I’m puzzled as to why you’re dragging Jordan Peterson into this instead of Haynes. While Peterson is an excellent psychologist and has researched his subject thoroughly (I can definitely recommend his analysis on the deep symbolism behind Disney’s Pinocchio) and may know a lot about Freud and Jung, I suspect he knows little about the timing chains on used cars.
The thread is literally titled "Jordan Peterson" so what does Haynes have to do with it?

Back