• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Jurassic World

I haven't seen this yet, but my expectations are quite low so I'm hoping to enjoy it when I finally get around to it. As long as it's better than JP III (not too much to hope... is it?... Is it?!) I'll be satisfied.

Knocking around t'Internet, there are some pretty diverse reactions so far. It's hard to gauge how Jurassic World will be seen in the long run.

I didnt like the kids, but other than that i enjoyed it, especially the raptors, i want one now

I didnt like the kids, but other than that i enjoyed it, especially the raptors, i want one now

Yeah! They were like JRTs attacking the GenEng T-Rex!

I had a JRT which attacked an Irish Wolfhound like that.

i gave up watching at the helicopter bit, stupid plot, crap dialogue, predictable and with a really annoying brat, walking around with a look of wonder on his annoying face. Really piss poor, and it seems they are making other movies. :eek:

Watched this last night on Amazon - I really enjoyed it! Proper Saturday night blockbuster - stupid plot, crap dialogue, predictable....

Spotting the references and call-backs was a bit easy though - some scenes were shot-for-shot identical. The sad bit with the field of dead and dying dinos was so blatant I think they got away with it. It was the same valley from the start of JP...

SPOILER - The T-Rex was the exact same one from JP too - it has the scars on its neck to prove it.

Hey, all you people who complain about us ruining jurassic Park? How d'you like us now?

And they are not selling tickets to this extravaganza (not the film, the event)

I didn't know it was a 'psychiatric' borstal. I thought it was just a borstal.
Used to go past that place every weekend on the way to visit my grandparents, back in the 70s and 80s.

It wasn't, it was just an every day juvenile detention centre. It was originally built as an Industrial School in the mid 19th Century before becoming a Borstal in 1910. In the nineties it became Feltham Young Offenders Institute. It is now HMP Feltham. Some notable former inmates included Oliver Postgate of Bagpuss fame, T-Rex guitarist Steve Peregrine Took, and writer Brendan Behan, who wrote about his experience at Feltham in his book "Borstal Boy".

Before the original buildings were demolished and rebuilt in the early 1980s there was a chapel near the main entrance with a large graveyard surrounding it - the sight of that made me resolve to never end up in such an institution in case I never made it out, although I ended up working there for a while in the eighties.

The 25 year celebration at Universal Studio's of Jurassic Park with the Wooster .. join him ?

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom: My favourite Raptor (JRT) Blue is back! So is Claire Dearing (Bryce Dallas Howard) and now leads an NGO dedicated to saving the Dinosaurs because a Volcano is starting to erupt but Benjamin Lockwood (James Cromwell) and his trusty CEO Eli ills (Rafe Spall) spring to the rescue. Lockwood will provide a new island home for the Saurs, away from tourists. Dearing inveigles Owen Brady (Chris Pratt) into joining the expedition to round up the beasts. But dark forces are also at work and have other intentions and destinations planned for the rescued Dinosaurs.

The screenplay won't win an Oscar but the acting is generally OK, especially the joshing between Pratt and Howard which is nicely offset by the tensions between Howards sidekicks Zia (Daniella Pineda) and Franklin (Justice Smith). Ted Levine is also convincing as Wheatley the mercenary leader who has a predilection for collection Dinosaur teeth. At times his behaviour is reminiscent of Slim Pickens in Blazing Saddles. Toby Jones has a small part as an auctioneer who tries to sell off the animals to elite customers.

Some good fight scenes between Dinosaurs but Blue battling a new Indoraptor stands out. J.A. Bayona does try to put his own stamp on JWFK but is perhaps hampered somewhat by the demands of the franchise. Still this film is darker than the previous JW as the idea of weaponising Dinosaurs is introduced. Also scenes such as the talons of the Indoraptor crawling along a bed towards Lockwood's granddaughter (Isabella Sermo) brings to mind Bayona's A Monster Calls.

A good fun adventure film. 7/10.

We've just watched it, I thoroughly enjoyed the film ... there were loads of bits when we both said "Yeah .. right!" and rolled our eyes but I'd prefer that to a dull film. The little girl was irritating but you certainly get your money's worth if you like edge of the seat set pieces, the film's crammed to bursting with cliff hangers. I'd even go as far as to say it's my second favourite after the first Jurassic Park .. good fun if you can ignore the whole 'let's play with dinosaurs again, what could possibly go wrong this time?' side of things.

A new post Jurassic World short film ..

from AICN.COM

"This premiered today from Colin Trevorrow, a JURASSIC WORLD short film taking place a few years after the events in the last JURASSIC WORLD movie, but without Christ Pratt or Bryce Howard. It is superbly shot and feels scary as hell. Be sure to continue watching through the credits for a host of Dino-Encounters."

Last edited:
Why did they not shove their hand over the babies trap, jeez, or let the t rex eat it while they escaped, looks good tho

Jurassic Park is a classic and near perfect blockbuster, the second one is far inferior but still pretty good but I LOVE dinosaurs, the third one is much weaker again but is an acceptable monster movie. On the other hand I hated Jurassic World, loud, crass and obnoxious it's everything wrong with modern blockbusters: overly reliant on CGI, empty spectacle with no substance, overly reliant on it's source material (which is another blockbuster) whilst simultaneously shitting on it, replacing heart, brains and humour with irony and snark. I've heard the next one is worse, won't be seeing it. The third will see Laura Dern and Sam Neil return apparently, can't say that piques my interest.

I appreciated how meta Jurassic World was, dissecting the motives the audience have for needing ever-bigger blockbuster experiences to the point of emotional numbness. Also liked how it has a theme that being a mother isn't the worst thing in the world, Jurassic or otherwise. Wasn't bothered about the heels.

I appreciated how meta Jurassic World was, dissecting the motives the audience have for needing ever-bigger blockbuster experiences to the point of emotional numbness. Also liked how it has a theme that being a mother isn't the worst thing in the world, Jurassic or otherwise. Wasn't bothered about the heels.

It paid lip service to dissecting audience expectations without really exploring that and still just trotted out all the cliches, "haha, I'm a shitty film and I know I am, you stupid bastards made me shit with low expectations and IQs and you're watching me now". I don't mind nihilism but I expect a bit more substance and a better film.

Hey, I don't think it was anywhere near that patronising, it seemed to me to be truly engaged in its blockbuster milieu and was even revelling in it. If you're terminally unimpressed by anything with a budget over $10 million, then you're not going to treat it with anything but disdain anyway. I appreciated that it was trying to examine itself and its contemporaries, though it was a bit like bringing the writer's room to the big screen in an over-literal fashion. But it wasn't hackwork for my understanding, it was exploring the possibilities in a provocative way.

Reports are the latest Jurassic World movie has been delayed, along with everything else, for over a year. So here's a clip to cheer the Jurassifans up:

Reports are the latest Jurassic World movie has been delayed, along with everything else, for over a year. So here's a clip to cheer the Jurassifans up:

If the new film is even half as good as this scene I shall eat my (Alan Grant) hat.

The Prologue to Jurassic World Dominion (whenever I hear the word's "The Prologue" keep hearing it in Frankie Howerd's voice, that's me showing my age :) )

The Prologue to Jurassic World Dominion (whenever I hear the word's "The Prologue" keep hearing it in Frankie Howerd's voice
When I'm telling Escet about things, if I stop to think for a second he says 'The Prrrrologggggue!'

Back