Kids Today

Tribble

Killjoy Boffin

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
It would have been more trendy to use a flying drone, but I suppose a passé radio-controlled car was the better approach.
Boy suspected of using remote control car to smuggle drugs

California authorities have arrested a 16-year-old boy suspected of using a remote-controlled car to transport $106,000 worth of methamphetamine across the border.

The San Diego Union-Tribune reported Tuesday that the boy was arrested Sunday near the Otay Mesa Port of Entry in San Diego.

Border patrol agents say they believe someone on the south of the U.S.-Mexico border was able to slip the car filled with drugs through a gap in the fencing and then drive it to the teen waiting on the other side.

Authorities say an agent found the boy hiding near the border Sunday with a toy car and 50 packages of methamphetamine weighing more than 55 pounds (25 kilograms).

Authorities say the car would have had to make multiple trips to transport the drugs.
SOURCE: https://apnews.com/1736c14e4ada4b2ab3df5de95e7cb6ee

michael59

Ephemeral Spectre
t would have been more trendy to use a flying drone, but I suppose a passé radio-controlled car was the better approach.
Authorities are pretty much on to drones carrying/transporting drugs. It was actually a good idea except that the teen didn't check his surroundings out in advance. I wonder how long they were doing that before they got caught.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Authorities are pretty much on to drones carrying/transporting drugs. It was actually a good idea except that the teen didn't check his surroundings out in advance. I wonder how long they were doing that before they got caught.
A drone would have been a stupid approach to try at the border - it's too easily detected.

It probably wasn't a great idea to sit in one place until the "recipient" had accumulated that large a load of contraband. It would have taken a while for the R/C car to transport the packages, and that would have increased the probability of the boy being spotted and surveilled for suspicious behavior.

Well. I'd just use a dog. Put a large raincoat on it, and tape me drugs inside. I'd walk the bugger for a few months till the border guards got used to seeing it. Actually several dogs. But they'd all look pretty much the same. Something harmless looking like a giant poodle. I'd call them all Jim Bowen. After that chap from that thing. Spray the drugs with Cologne to throw the sniffer dogs off the scent.

Or I'd just drive through the border with me drugs in the inner tube of my tyres. Specially made, obviously. They wouldn't have to last long. Swop 'em over a mile each side. Pretend I had a puncture if anyone passed by.

Or just use an unknowing mule. Say a hitchhiker. Chat to them, find out what hostel they were staying in. Get em out of the car to take a photo of me at a Service Station. Meanwhile my mate slips my drug consignment in their suitcase. Then if they get caught at the border, plead ignorance. Then quietly retrieve the drugs by sending them into say a shop to buy me something, while I either get the drugs out, or just drive off and leave them there. Go through their luggage, nick their passport, and set myself up with a nice little false identity. Then anonymously call the Mexican police, and say I'd seen them looking all shifty and they'd tried to sell me drugs in the toilet of the service station. Put on a posh accent. The police pick them up and what do they find? The drugs I've planted in their back pocket, that's what! Plus an obviously fake passport and some obviously fake currency in a wallet!

Or just drop 'em off before the border. Let some other bugger take em through. Tail them, then intercept them as they get out. Take 'em down an alley and tell them to open their blinking suitcase. Give 'em a little cut on the cheek with me blade, and say, keep it to yourself, mate. And by the way, I took some photos of my drugs in your suitcase with your nametag on. Plus there's traces on your clothes from when I was being all friendly and gave you that hug. So I'd keep quiet if I were you. Unless you want me to slice off your Jacobs.

Now, here's 50 quid. Go forth and prosper!

Last edited: