• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Latest Reports Of UFO Sightings

Hot air balloons, yes.

Moooksta said:
rynner2 said:
Rynner says "Hot Air Balloons!" :twisted:
(They often fly at dawn or dusk, when the air is more likely to be still.)
Why are they flashing lights at one another?

It can't be flames, that'd make the balloons rise.
Left to themselves, Hot Air Balloons would cool down and sink to the ground. So they need an occassional burst on the burners to maintain temperature and height. (Or a longer burst if the pilot wishes to climb.)

The flame of the burner illuminates the entire balloon, and produces a beautiful effect in the twilight sky. (But this 'lighting up' effect is lost in full daylight, which swamps the relatively feeble glow from the flame.)

rynner2 said:
Moooksta said:
rynner2 said:
Rynner says "Hot Air Balloons!" :twisted:
(They often fly at dawn or dusk, when the air is more likely to be still.)
Why are they flashing lights at one another?

It can't be flames, that'd make the balloons rise.
Left to themselves, Hot Air Balloons would cool down and sink to the ground. So they need an occassional burst on the burners to maintain temperature and height. (Or a longer burst if the pilot wishes to climb.)

The flame of the burner illuminates the entire balloon, and produces a beautiful effect in the twilight sky. (But this 'lighting up' effect is lost in full daylight, which swamps the relatively feeble glow from the flame.)

Aha !!! Thanks Ryn.

SameOldVardoger said:
If it wasn't for the fact that they recorded it for so long, I would have guessed ISS.

It might still be - the "edits" are a tad suspicious.

The ISS is too small to show as a detailed object in a movie taken by a hand-held camera, and moves too fast to be filmed by a fixed camera. That looks like a cluster of transparent. silver or white balloons to me.

Former Megadeth Drummer Nick Menza Captures Footage of UFO?

Do you believe in aliens? Former Megadeth drummer Nick Menza certainly does. In fact, the beloved musician captured video of a strange object (or objects) in the skies over Studio City, Calif. unlike anything you’ve seen before.

Filmed on July 14 at 10:52pm, Menza captured a mysterious configuration of lights on camera. A total of four lights can be seen in the sky just to the left of a very bright moon. Three of the multicolored lights appear to remain still while the fourth moves around freely. The fourth light eventually melds into one of the others before disappearing.

Menza writes, “We lost site of it as it went up through the clouds. It was distant, dimly light and hardly moving …. If it wasn’t for the fact that we went out to look at the big moon … We probably would not have noticed it. The Samsung Galaxy4 phone camera was on full zoom… Hence the shakiness even after stabilization. In total 4 witnesses including me.”

The drummer continues, “Well I know what I think it was … I would like to hear from others who may have seen the same thing…. or anyone who thinks they know what this was and has a reasonable explanation of if its origins if explained as terrestrial. Leave your comments.”

According to Menza, after watching the footage, CNN has asked the drummer to make an appearance to discuss the bizarre video.

During a recent interview on internet radio show ‘Rock ‘N’ SeXXXy Uncensored,’ Menza spoke about extraterrestrial beliefs in his upcoming book, ‘Menzalife.’ “Before, back in the Stone Ages,” Menza began, “like when we were just regular humans, we didn’t have brains in us and then the aliens came down and they intervened and they put brains in our heads and now we’re all smart and we’re starting to figure things out, ascending to the next level and a higher level of conscious awareness and that sort of stuff.”
http://loudwire.com/nick-menza-ufo/

Some drones do have lights, although I haven;t seen any quite like that before.

This is not "latest" but what could it be? Laser-pointer? Reflection in window? That does not feel right. But neither do I believe it's something paranormal. Nice anyway!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5UjPHRcJis#t=43

Note: they were seen with only certain types of cameras. My theory: it's the infrared focus light of the camera itself reflected in the train window.

uair01 said:
it's the infrared focus light of the camera itself reflected in the train window.

Curious...when the camera pans to the right at the 1.57 and 2.18 mark the light remains in the centre on the lines. At the 2.32 they mention that. Could it be some sort of electrical discharge? Not so much a "being" of light...more a rectangle.

Moooksta said:
uair01 said:
it's the infrared focus light of the camera itself reflected in the train window.

Curious...when the camera pans to the right at the 1.57 and 2.18 mark the light remains in the centre on the lines. At the 2.32 they mention that. Could it be some sort of electrical discharge? Not so much a "being" of light...more a rectangle.
Some form of St. Elmo's Fire?

If it was a reflection from inside the train, would moving the camera from side to side have any effect on it's position on the glass? As long as the person taking the film didn't physically step to the side it would stay 'on target' between the tracks, no?

davidplankton said:
If it was a reflection from inside the train, would moving the camera from side to side have any effect on it's position on the glass? As long as the person taking the film didn't physically step to the side it would stay 'on target' between the tracks, no?

So the light is a fixture on the train...(rectangular shape reflected in the window) and the person moving the camera wouldn't affect it's position as long as they don't step in front of it !

SOLVED ...NEXT !!! :D

We never solved this one?

Moooksta said:
Arrived in my inbox this morning...

Mutiple UFOs in Brazil August 8th 2014

Initially I thought it was helicopters but they're moving too fast. Then I thought drones but drones don't light up like that....is it helicopters??

We have no way of knowing how far away the Brazilian lights are, so they could be someone flying toy helicopters directly overhead.

Moooksta said:
So the light is a fixture on the train...(rectangular shape reflected in the window) and the person moving the camera wouldn't affect it's position as long as they don't step in front of it !
Not true!

If the observer is in between a reflecting surface and a light source behind him, its reflection will be on an extension of the line linking source and observer, if this line is perpendicular to the 'mirror'.

If the observer moves to his left, however, the image will seem to move to his right, and vice-versa, relative to the background seen through the window. In fact, the image doesn't move at all relative to the window - if the 'mirror' is flat, then the image is always the same distance behind the 'mirror' as the light is in front of it.

This was all O-level physics when I was at school, and later, when I taught physics myself, it was still the same! Photographers, too, often have to deal with similar effects. If they focus on the window itself, the image of the light will be blurry - they have to focus beyond the window to bring it into sharp focus.

The idea that the light is from the camera (for focussing) makes more sense, but I haven't the energy right now to think it all out in detail. (Somehow the dozy old git in the wheatfield puts me off the whole thing!)

rynner2 said:
This was all O-level physics when I was at school, and later, when I taught physics myself, it was still the same! Photographers, too, often have to deal with similar effects. If they focus on the window itself, the image of the light will be blurry - they have to focus beyond the window to bring it into sharp focus.

The idea that the light is from the camera (for focussing) makes more sense, but I haven't the energy right now to think it all out in detail. (Somehow the dozy old git in the wheatfield puts me off the whole thing!)

Yeah I've used a few cameras in my time...I don't think it is camera, look at the edge of frame, it's moving with the motion of the train but the light doesn't move with it.

Whoever wrote that article doesn't seem to know the difference between contrail and chemtrail.

Here's a new video. This might be a newly developed aircraft which is being tested by the US government. There's helicopters nearby in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXAPJ32IQGU

One of the UFO's are landing in the valley where the person is filming.

Thirdphaseofmoon.

'Nuff said.

The way it changes shape with height reminds me of a lens flare. Presumably these occur with IR light as well.

A weird one!
Also funny is the fact that they left a lot of blank video at the end.

Back