• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Latest Reports Of UFO Sightings

Intriguing case from Ireland (with photos):

"It's 26 years since two friends witnessed a “bus sized” object in the sky during a camping trip in the summer of 1997.

Now the pair, who are among a select few to go public in Ireland on a UFO sighting, are set to revisit the location where they witnessed the unexplained phenomenon.

Mark Monaghan, 47, and Barry Brown, 46, were both 21 when they spotted the flying object near Lough Key in Co Roscommon.

The trip took a turn when they saw what Mark described as a “bus sized” metallic, cylinder shaped craft around 500 metres in the sky just ahead of them."

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/irelands-unresolved-ufo-mystery-takes-30423816

This one i like (video):

"A curious piece of trail camera footage from Canada shows a mysterious set of lights that rise up from the ground and then float across the sky."

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/arti...loating-lights-filmed-by-trail-cam-in-canada/
*Note: And just after the UAP passes from view, there is another UAP which travels from centre right towards the left then seems to disappear? (Probably just a bug though, in retrospect).

1689184806217.png

Last edited:
Just after 11pm last night I was outside our front door and looking up saw one single bright light (Venus brightness) and one smaller light
travelling from opposite directions towards each other, neither flashing. As they approached each other, the brighter one appeared to maneuver around the other. The brighter one carried on its path as did the feinter one but this hesitated, moved a little more, then hesitated, then moved off again and faded away. The "maneuver" MAY have been an optical illusion on my part with them appearing so close together, but it really seemed odd at the time. Not on the normal Manchester flight path, may have been satellites

Just after 11pm last night I was outside our front door and looking up saw one single bright light (Venus brightness) and one smaller light
travelling from opposite directions towards each other, neither flashing. As they approached each other, the brighter one appeared to maneuver around the other. The brighter one carried on its path as did the feinter one but this hesitated, moved a little more, then hesitated, then moved off again and faded away. The "maneuver" MAY have been an optical illusion on my part with them appearing so close together, but it really seemed odd at the time. Not on the normal Manchester flight path, may have been satellites
The brighter one (Venus brightness) might have been the ISS, and the dimmer one any ordinary satellite. I think I've seen the little 'dance' that you describe myself, probably caused by the contrast between the bright moving light and the dimmer satellite and any other stars present.

Incidentally the ISS went over the UK at about 22:14 last night, travelling eastwards.

My current explanation for this 'dancing' illusion is that the brightest stars and satellites are bright enough to activate both the rods and the cones in the retina, and these cells each respond at a different speed; so your eye is giving you mixed messages, which the optic region in your brain interprets as a 'dance'. This may be why bright stars and planets sometimes seem to move in the sky against the background of dimmer stars, which only activate the rod cells.

Last edited:
The brighter one (Venus brightness) might have been the ISS, and the dimmer one any ordinary satellite. I think I've seen the little 'dance' that you describe myself, probably caused by the contrast between the bright moving light and the dimmer satellite and any other stars present.

Incidentally the ISS went over the UK at about 22:14 last night, travelling eastwards.

My current explanation for this 'dancing' illusion is that the brightest stars and satellites are bright enough to activate both the rods and the cones in the retina, and these cells each respond at a different speed; so your eye is giving you mixed messages, which the optic region in your brain interprets as a 'dance'. This may be why bright stars and planets sometimes seem to move in the sky against the background of dimmer stars, which only activate the rod cells.
Yup, I think the eyes have got a lot to do with looking at stars or objects that appear to start dancing about if you stare at them for any length of time. :pop:

I thought that but I don’t think we’ve had any of those since the 1940s.
I actually meant, on the helicopters. The sort of thing they shine when they are hunting for criminals or just anything on the ground, really.

I actually meant, on the helicopters. The sort of thing they shine when they are hunting for criminals or just anything on the ground, really.
Oh down instead of up. That’s not really unusual in our area, they are often looking for dodgy people. Unfortunately I think people might be used to that.

There would be flashing green and red navigation lights showing on a police helicopter as well as the spotlights.

IMG_9408.jpg

Clickbait but not so bad for clickbait: a couple of golden oldies, one that looks like a helicopter seen from below and a couple I believe have been explained...

"Six unsolved UFO photos that'll leave you wondering if we're REALLY alone: From a close-up of 'beings' inside a craft in Turkey to clear images of a flying saucer hovering over Wisconsin"​

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...photos-WORLD-Turkey-Costa-Rica-Wisconsin.html

Clickbait but not so bad for clickbait: a couple of golden oldies, one that looks like a helicopter seen from below and a couple I believe have been explained...

"Six unsolved UFO photos that'll leave you wondering if we're REALLY alone: From a close-up of 'beings' inside a craft in Turkey to clear images of a flying saucer hovering over Wisconsin"​

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...photos-WORLD-Turkey-Costa-Rica-Wisconsin.html
I notice they included the McMinnville Oregon UFO photos of 1950, some of the most impressive photos ever taken.

It looks kinda fake, but it could be an insect. :dunno:
Unless photographic evidence shows absolute clarity of definition, anything could be put down to being 'just a passing insect,' which doesn't say very much for any 'real' but blurry photographic, or video evidence.

Thanks for the help cycleboy2 !

In the movie” the Godfather “, Don Vito Corleone said “ I’ll make an offer they can’t refuse”.

So, what did the Vatican get in return for being quiet about the 1930s UFO, money or what ?

Hope no one's going to give us the old boring 'weather balloon' theory! :)
This does seem to convey an apparent realness to the video.
Clip A.png
Clip B.png
Clip C.png

Clip A: No Idea?

----------------------
Clip B: Has the shape of a plane,
but if it is, then it's flying forwards
flying alongside the mixed 'group.'
~ but backwards?
--------------------
Clip C: Seems to be an aircraft.
--------------------
Also note, that all the aircraft (the 'odd' ones and the not so odd ones) are flying at the same rate, which seems to suggest that they are either all in some sort of observance flight with each other, 'discs' - UAP's included!

Last edited:
Back