• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Look-Alikes

linesmachine said:
When I joined my Gym they looked really confused but said nothing. A year later I started playing tennis and the coach called me Matt. I corrected him (my name is Andrew) but he just laughed and said "Whatever, Matt."
Why not show him your membership card? (Even better if it has a photo!)

rynner2 said:
linesmachine said:
When I joined my Gym they looked really confused but said nothing. A year later I started playing tennis and the coach called me Matt. I corrected him (my name is Andrew) but he just laughed and said "Whatever, Matt."
Why not show him your membership card? (Even better if it has a photo!)
Ha! I've worked it out now - this poor guy Matt is actually paying for your tennis lessons! (He probably doesn't check his club or credit card bills very carefully.)

You're a con-man, Andrew! ;)

I've already had that exact same gag made at me by the girl on reception. Another theory is that I changed my name to avoid some bad debt at the clubs bar!

Hold on, have I read this IHTM in the FT IHTM publication that came out this summer? Or is it a doppleganger story? Curiouser and curiouser... :shock:

One friday on my way home from work i was led to Morrisons by my need for snacks. I entered the supermarket, did my quick shop and was stopped by a women saying hello. She came over and touched my arm and began asking hows things - she clearly recognised me and i thought it was a customer i had done work for. It quickly dawned on me that she thought i was some close relation. She spoke of how well i looked and spoke of my 2 sisters (i have 1), discussed some one whos recovering after an operation - me just nodding and wishing for the world to swallow me up. The longer i stood the worse it got. She spoke a a town miles from where i live and then pointed out her mother and sister who where sat in the cafe area, They waved too me with total recognition of who i was supposed to be!! I spoke a few words and explained that i had to leave to which this women gave me a hug and off i dashed!

A few months ago i got into a taxi that took me into town where i was meeting friends. The taxi driver asked me what job i did. I explained and he looked puzzled. He explained that he picked up a doctor the other day wearing the same shirt, trousers, hair style and glasses as me!!!!! Spooky

Years ago(think i was around the age of 10) my mother and sister went to the bus stop one saturday morning and saw me walking past with the dog. I was still in bed at the time of the sighting.

I'm kind of relieved to see so many other people have had this experience, not just me :)
Some years ago, everyone was surprised to see me dancing in a television commercial for "Gap" clothing stores - including myself, lol.
I obviously hadn't done any such commercial, but the dancer was such a dead-ringer that my own family thought I'd done the ad and was just being secretive about it!
It was the strangest feeling, seeing what appeared to be my own image, who moved and had the same body language as me, who was definitely not me.
I've tried to track that dancer's name down for years, but no luck.

Re: Look A Likes

baroque said:
I think perhaps we all fit into a set of physical 'types' and if we look enough we will see near dopplegangers for most people.
Out of boredom today, I found myself watching, for the first time, River Monsters, the angling programmme presented by Jeremy Wade.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Wade

After a whileI realised he reminded me of someone - David Moyes, now manager of Man Utd.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Moyes

(They don't look very alike in the wiki pics, but that's largely down to facial expression at the time. There's quite a similarity around the eyes, however.)

I saw my own doppelganger about twelve or thirteen years ago. I was stood at the back of a clothes shop with my then girlfriend, and when I looked to the front door I was stood there, or rather it wasn't me, and he was just outside and looking in, so he probably saw me too. I was rather apprehensive to approach! He then walked off and it left me a little unnerved.

Recently my wife came to me with an amusing story from her work. A colleague looked over her shoulder at her phone whilst she was using it, and commented on why she had a picture of another male colleague as her wallpaper. Now that image is actually me, and having seen a picture of this guy a while later I did conclude that there were similarities. However, meeting him in person, he looks nothing like me.

Amusingly, when I tease her about fancying her colleague, she is repulsed. I'm not sure what that actually means about me though...! :(

I tried to start a new trend in celebrity spotting a couple of years ago...

I was on the bus and saw Robert Englund as he will look at 105.

Since this thread was resurrected from the dead I thought I'd share my experience. About 15 years ago I met and spoke to my younger doppelganger. A friend and I had stopped at DQ for lunch and he stops dead in the parking lot and just starts backhanding my arm. I look up and see what he was looking at. A young man that looked identical to me but from 5 years earlier. Same haircut, same style of dress, even smoking the same brand of cigarettes. He caught me looking and must have realized why we were staring. His mouth hung open and his head starting tilting. I couldn't resist. I strode right up to him and demanded, "Five years to the date and time, this exact spot." He was speechless.

UsedtobChrisFord said:
Since this thread was resurrected from the dead I thought I'd share my experience. About 15 years ago I met and spoke to my younger doppelganger. A friend and I had stopped at DQ for lunch and he stops dead in the parking lot and just starts backhanding my arm. I look up and see what he was looking at. A young man that looked identical to me but from 5 years earlier. Same haircut, same style of dress, even smoking the same brand of cigarettes. He caught me looking and must have realized why we were staring. His mouth hung open and his head starting tilting. I couldn't resist. I strode right up to him and demanded, "Five years to the date and time, this exact spot." He was speechless.

Funny! What happened after that?

I was in a nightclub when a girl came up to me asking me for my autograph because she thought I was the footballer Dennis Bergkamp .. even after I proved I wasn't she still insisted on taking me over to meet all her mates who also swore I must be :lol: ...

Swifty said:
I was in a nightclub when a girl came up to me asking me for my autograph because she thought I was the footballer Dennis Bergkamp .. even after I proved I wasn't she still insisted on taking me over to meet all her mates who also swore I must be :lol: ...

Chat-up line! Lucky guy! :D

I've spent the day with a hangover after watching Metallica's awesome set at Glastonbury on TV, just reading threads on here. This has to be the third or so time some guy has told a great tale, built up everyone's interest, promised to post a photo or post some new, big info on the case and....
they never post on the site ever again.
Bullshit. :evil:

Maybe it was your mother, and she thought he was you.

You should start a fight club in your town and see if this character turns up.

Back