• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Lottery Dream

gattino

Justified & Ancient
I know I started a thread a couple of years ago about the sheer number of people who, if you google it, say their lottery win was foretold in a dream or by a psychic. But I can't find it.

I'm pretty sure I've had dreams suggestive of me having such a win myself ...and in the end I did nothing of the kind. So don't get excited. Still for the record its worth noting the following down in advance.

A few nights ago I dreamt of winning a large sum (it was either £50,000 or £500,000.) on what I assumed given the sums, to be the lottery. In fact in the dream I won a second time, much more than the first and referenced back to the earlier dream incident, as if one were precognitive of the other.

I was tempted in the shop next day to buy a scratchcard or lottery ticket, but not enough to actually do so. Forgot about it.

This morning, for reasons best known to itself (I had not browsed or written of the subject anywhere) Facebook "suggested" a post to me. It was a promotion for tonight's lottery, which is apparently both a triple rollover and includes 27 extra million pound raffle number draws, to mark the olympics. Even I can take a hint. So I decided to buy a ticket online.

This is where it gets mildly interesting. In order to buy online you have log in to a national lottery account...I knew I've used one in the distant past but for the life of me couldn't recall the correct email or password, despite multiple attempts. In order to retrieve them I had to fill in my d.o.b and my post code. Eventually I succeeded and bought a ticket.

Why is that interesting? Well I then retrieved the dictaphone I occasionally record dreams into and listened to what I said of that dream from the other night. I in fact never mention the word lottery once. I say I've won X amount on "I want to say a scratch card, but its not..its some kind of competition..someone has to fill in a form for me, with my post code".

I have no doubt whatever that I precognized my own activity of this morning. But does that mean I've also foreseen a genuine win tonight?

Sadly not...I have absolutely zero sense of anticipation,instinct or hunch about winning a single penny. T'aint' going to happen (or if it does, it will be a frustrating £5). Still, just in case, you're my witnesses. I'll let you know how I did from my private jet.

Lucky dip. I figure if I chose the numbers myself I'd torment myself that I chose "wrongly". Leave it all to Fate.

I do seem to recall a previous incident I reported where I dreamt of winning £100,000 on a scratchcard dominated by the number 4. So I went to the shop next day and guessed this must mean to pick a number 4 type card from the rack. I won. £10.

That's the kind of twatty thing I can expect. Precog Dreams take the basic info and then create their own fantasy outcome from them, I believe.

I do seem to recall a previous incident I reported where I dreamt of winning £100,000 on a scratchcard dominated by the number 4. So I went to the shop next day and guessed this must mean to pick a number 4 type card from the rack. I won. £10.

That's the kind of twatty thing I can expect. Precog Dreams take the basic info and then create their own fantasy outcome from them, I believe.
That's 1000 pennies. A nought missing!

Not the lottery but on at least one occasion my Late Mum dreamt that a horse would win its race, and when I checked there was a horse of tat name running so I put a quid in it and won a fiver when it won its race.

Not the lottery but on at least one occasion my Late Mum dreamt that a horse would win its race, and when I checked there was a horse of tat name running so I put a quid in it and won a fiver when it won its race.

I dreamt I won the lottery & a few days later I searched the papers but it wasn't me. Thinking about it now, I wish I had also dreamt about buying a lottery ticket, because i neglected to do that part.

I know I started a thread a couple of years ago about the sheer number of people who, if you google it, say their lottery win was foretold in a dream or by a psychic. But I can't find it.

Yeah, in that thread you mention, I believe I posted the story of how I won $200.00 on a scratch card after having been inspired by a dream.

The tricky part here is that the dream wasn't about lottery tickets at all. It was about suddenly receiving a package filled with valuable things. The package had a "W" with a certain font, and when I went into the shop that morning to buy a coffee, there was a lottery ticket with the same W. I very rarely buy lottery tickets, but I had that clutch in my stomach of just knowing it was a winner. And I really needed the $200 at that point, so it felt serendipitous.

Having given this some thought over the years, I suppose it was the feeling of "knowing" that was the most important thing. The W was also similar to the Whataburger logo, so for all I know, fate was telling me to go get a cheeseburger instead. :p

Then again, W has been a lucky letter for me (the way some people have a lucky color) so perhaps the dream was just suggesting the stars were in my favor that day - who knows?

As a somewhat peculiar aside, one of my favorite ways of predicting the day's fortunes is through lottery tickets, though not winning ones.

The kind of scratch-off ticket that uses traditional Mexican loteria symbols, like this:
Loteria.gif
You can usually find discarded ones blowing around in windy corners and such. Since the loteria cards resemble fortune telling cards, I'll pick one up and look at any matches, and that will be the day's fortune. :)

Like any type of divination, once you choose the method, it begins to work.

I read about a man who dreamed that a horse with a number '20/20' won. He couldn't find one with any association to those numbers so he gave up, and an outsider called Twenty Twenty won!

'Lucky' lottery tickets - many years ago when t'scratchcards were a new thing I was down to my last pound and bit desperate.

At the time I had small children and we were broke. For some reason I blew the quid on a scratchie and it came up with a tenner.

It was like Children, tonight we can eat! :chuckle:

'Lucky' lottery tickets - many years ago when t'scratchcards were a new thing I was down to my last pound and bit desperate.

At the time I had small children and we were broke. For some reason I blew the quid on a scratchie and it came up with a tenner.

It was like Children, tonight we can eat! :chuckle:
I think when they were new, they probably upped the chance of winning to draw people in. When they first came out, I bought one and won a fiver, but I've never bought one since.

Ah now @gattino - here's another lottery test.

Last night I had a vivid dream about my ex. We had arranged to meet in the city where we used to live. I had return train tickets for us both.

Can't remember how I got there but I saw the ex sitting in a bar and waved to him. After that I didn't see him again and decided to give up the meeting plan and browse retro/vintage shops, all of whose staff I knew well.

Anyway... the dream went on a bit and actually seems to be about my current work situation so isn't relevant to t'lottery.

The train tickets were for a specific return time so I wondered if the ex'd turn up at the right time for his.
I checked the actual time in the dream and found I had an hour and 20 minutes to catch the train home. No rush then!

However, the train tickets were actually lottery tickets; two of them, white like supermarket ones.

When I woke up I told Techy and he said 'Buy tickets with those numbers!'
Sure enough, when I converted the times to figures I came up with 6 viable figures.

What d'yous reckon? Sure shot or not? :confused:

Also, is is superstitious of me not to share the numbers in case they come up and I lose a slice? :chuckle:

I think when they were new, they probably upped the chance of winning to draw people in. When they first came out, I bought one and won a fiver, but I've never bought one since.
I've probably bought no more than 20 scratchers over the years and that £10 was my only reasonable cash win.

Had the odd £2 etc which I've blown on more tickets. We can dream, eh.

I buy tickets on the National Lottery website now and have put a cap of £10 a week on my spending in case I feel lucky.

I've probably bought no more than 20 scratchers over the years and that £10 was my only reasonable cash win.

Had the odd £2 etc which I've blown on more tickets. We can dream, eh.

I buy tickets on the National Lottery website now and have put a cap of £10 a week on my spending in case I feel lucky.
£10 per week? Big spender! ;)

£10 per week? Big spender! ;)
Haha, yup, you can cap your online Lottery spending in case you become over-enthusiastic.

I believe myself to be one of life's natural gamblers so I can't be too careful!

While I've never got into actual trouble over gambling I would have no trouble betting on absolutely anything, and have certainly had the dangerous rush gamblers report feeling.

Luckily I'm able to confine myself to one method of foolishly spunking all my money up the wall relaxed and pleasurable gambling and can tell myself the Lottery is fulfilling my urge to trust unpredictable odds-related investments. ;)

After playing off and on for about 40 years, I won a hundred dollar scratch off ( I guess about 78 English pounds ).

Would would you do if you won big in the lottery ?

I think I first would buy a new car and then I would hide from people.

After playing off and on for about 40 years, I won a hundred dollar scratch off ( I guess about 78 English pounds ).

Would would you do if you won big in the lottery ?

I think I first would buy a new car and then I would hide from people.
A big test for me of whom I really love is which of my friends and family I'd tell if I were to win. The list is short. :chuckle:

I assume if one wins a large amount of money, many people will appear claiming that they are part of the winner’s family and need money.

Some states in the U.S. require the winner to give their name, and some states don’t.

I don’t think I will ever win the jackpot, so no worry for me.

I assume if one wins a large amount of money, many people will appear claiming that they are part of the winner’s family and need money.

Some states in the U.S. require the winner to give their name, and some states don’t.

I don’t think I will ever win the jackpot, so no worry for me.
Here in the UK winners can be anonymous. I certainly would.

My joke at work is that I'd just disappear, and after six months or so people might say 'Remember that fat woman with cats? What'appened to 'er, d'you think?'

I remember a lottery winner giving advice to winners. They said there are three types of people in your life - ones who were there during the bad times, ones who weren't there during the bad times and ones who caused the bad times. Focus on the first group and to hell with the others.

I remember a lottery winner giving advice to winners. They said there are three types of people in your life - ones who were there during the bad times, ones who weren't there during the bad times and ones who caused the bad times. Focus on the first group and to hell with the others.
Yup, sounds good.
All we need now are the right numbers.

So, if you win the “ big one “ how would change your life style ?

Besides hiding from everyone, I would get a new car and may get a larger house that actually has closet space and larger bathrooms.

Back