• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Meeting In Dreams Experiment

I'm having a go, maybe I can hit the right continent this time.

Strangefruit, I think you may be able to change your name if you speak to the mods (but don't quote me as I'm certainly no expert), but if you've got nothing particular in mind then maybe ypu should stick with Strangefruit, it sounds quite fortean!

Well I shall certainly try! Stonehenge at night under the stars sounds like a very lovely place to meet, now i just have to decide what to bring...hmmmmmmm

Yes, I'll have a go too.

I dreamed I met up with two FTMB members the other night. One male and one female, they were established members, but I can't remember who they were supposed to be. We met in a pub and had a splendid timel.

Anyway, see you at Stonehenge!

Carole

I had a dream with forteans in a week or so ago, I also forget who.
In a while I'll go to sleep, perchance to dream.
Strangefruit, your username just made me assume you were a jazzer ;)

Heh, I was going to turn up unannounced but didn't make it to Stomehenge after all.

Instead I dreamt that Matthew Pinsent (Olympic rower) got shot whilst lining up at the start of his race. It was horrible. Ugh:(
Fortunatly in my dream he was in the pair when he is actually in the four so I don't even need to consider it coming true!

*goes off to scan the papers for last minute crew swaps in the Olympic rowing team...*

D'oh! I stayed up well past my bed time typing shite and forgot to even think about Stonehenge.
Perhaps a night other than Friday or Saturday would be better? Most of us have had a drink and it probably interferes with the lucid dreaming process.

Disappointed

I dreamt that my house sale fell through and I was late for a concert - Aren't my dreams a rollercoaster of excitement! I did think about stonehenge and the item I was taking but nowt happened, unless I've forgotten - did anyone see me there??

The only dream I remember involved figs and eggplants breaking into a shed, and not having any baskets to harvest the good ones and carry the bad ones to the compost.

Who knows what I dreamed and didn't remember? On the theory that in a dream you didn't have to take something real and that I wanted to be noticeable, I went to bed intending to take a mammoth to Stonehenge. So if anybody remembers a dumply little white woman with a truly enormous proboscidean (not a woolly, but a Columbian mammoth, 15 feet high and gigantic tusks), that was me.

But I think I failed.

As far as I remember, I failed to make it too. Though i did try.

Deamt I was in some new town type of place trying to help out a vicar whose church was being shut down by clappy-happy cultists.

Then I was having breakfast with a group of people I didn't know in a restaurant reminiscent of the one selling mutant fish in eXistexZ.

Tried reading from The New View over Atlantis before going to sleep but obviously it didn't help.

I just had a mundane dream about a store, but I had a hard time concentrating on "the Henge".

Shall we try next week? Or tonight, even?

Does any one else get those dreams where you get up, go about your routine then realise you are actually still asleep in bed and will have to do it all over again?

Austen, yes I've had that kind of dream before - how annyoing is that!

Mr RING, I'm up for trying it again tonight, but I've had a few drinks tonight so we can't be sure of success... see you at Stonehenge (I'll be the one stumbling about, knocking down the stones so they fall down domino style!)

And just reading (And then correcting) my posting Ive realised I've prob had a few roo many to make this work - why don't we try it monday?

Austen said:
Does any one else get those dreams where you get up, go about your routine then realise you are actually still asleep in bed and will have to do it all over again?

'False awakening', I get those quite frequently, it's even more frustrating when you get two together. I once had three which left me in a very weird state of mind for the rest of the day as I kept expecting to wake up again...

We don't seem to have much luck with these experiments, do we? Is it perhaps the venue? We've had Stonhenge before, how about somewhere different? The Pyramids? mebbe not - too many tourists and touts. What about Djoser's Step Pyramid, Saqqara? Not so many tourists there, least of all at night time. It'll be just us, the pyramid, the desert and the stars . . .

Carole

Well, I certainly didnt make it on Friday. I was too drunk on Saturday and on Sunday I was jaded so went straight to sleep.

I may have a slight problem with it though, its like I dont dream anymore. When I was younger I used to have and remember dreams both good and bad ones but dont now, Its like I am unconcious or dead! The ex girlfriend said I snore like a pig (amongst other things!) and if she tried to wake me up it was just about impossible.

Is it because I am such a deep sleeper that I dont dream/cant remember dreams? I hope not because I want to.

After 20 pages, you think I'd have long ago given up on this... but I still think it would be interesting to see it work.

Anybody for meeting in dream at Easter island, this Thursday night (March 2)? If so, write down your experience!

MrRING said:
After 20 pages, you think I'd have long ago given up on this... but I still think it would be interesting to see it work.

Anybody for meeting in dream at Easter island, this Thursday night (March 2)? If so, write down your experience!

All right, I'll try to remember, although we may not be asleep at exactly the same times (California, USA here).

Did you dream that you were in New Orleans, Louisianna MrRING?

I got nowhere in particular, though in a nice surprise Scarlet Johanson showed up... but that's not too Fortean after all...

Oh well, it felt like only a small chance. (Could be that S.J. dreamt about you last night. You never know.)

I haven't read this entire thread so I hope you'll forgive me if I'm repeating any notions someone else has already shared. I once visited the dream of my ex, (confirmed by my ex of course). I posted about it somewhere here before, but I don't remember where. I didn't plan to do it. It was spontaneous, and during the dream I began to feel a great deal of shame, as though I was doing something very wrong. This prompted me to leave her dream, and return to my own. I've also dreamt about a bridge collapse in my home state, in what I think was real time. (I was asleep and dreaming about it the day it happened.) This makes me think that perhaps a personal connection is necessary.

I recently tried to visit an old friend's dream, (at her request). She for many years practiced an American Indian spiritual tradition. I prayed before going to sleep that if God allowed it, I might visit my friend's dream that night. I dreamt that I attempted to enter an Indian lodge where a big dinner was going on. I knew my friend was inside. As I walked toward the door, an old Indian man came from around the corner of the lodge. He drew a line in the dirt with a branch all the way across the front of the lodge. I knew that I was not to cross this line, and I didn't try. I went on to another dream. I called my friend and asked her if she had dreamt of the lodge, but she didn't remember dreaming at all. I have no way of knowing if this was my dream or hers, but I find it interesting.

I've also done some remote viewing, although not the kind where one can meet up with, and see others. I have a feeling that visiting other's dreams, and meeting up with others somewhere via remote viewing may be very different things, governed by different laws. My experience, albeit small, leads me to think that when you visit someone's dream you are visiting their creation, whereas when you meet someone while remote viewing you are actually in a real world environment.

P.S.

I would be interested to know what other people think. There's not a lot of places I know of where one can find people interested in these kind of things.

Also, I'd really like to know about the different states of consciousness anybody out there may have experienced, and whether or not you think the differences constitute different types of reality. Specifically, how did things appear differently visually, and were the states spontaneous, or do you have a technique? For those wanting to experience altered states, or to have them again, it may be helpful to share what has worked for you.

Maybe a meeting point should be arranged that all participants know personally? Stonehenge nor Easter Island would work for me. However the stairs of the National Gallery might work.

I've just stumbled upon this thread and missed the last appointment, but I'm still for continuing the experiment.

Has the book "MAN AND TIME, 1964" by J.B. Priestley been mentioned already (most probably yes)?

THe night after I wrote this post I dreamt (really!) that I was having dinner with three strangers in a renovated medieval square tower. The atmosphere was friendly and we were exchanging smalltalk. The tower had a modern appartment built into it. We were on the first floor.

Now - do you recognize yourself in this description? ;)

Note: that was my only (remembered) dream this week.

MrRING - I hope you'll not give up on this if it's something you truly want to do. (As long as you can keep far away from angry dark shapes.) You know, sometimes these things can take a long time. Sorry if I contributed to the apparent, (hopefully temporary), demise of this thread. Although, it appears that I did as I'm one of the last to post anything here before all conversation stopped over a month ago.

I've now read the whole thread, and have a couple of thoughts which may, or may not be helpful. First, I was surprised when I read that in your first attempt you and your friends all dreamed that you were lost, and being pursued by an angry dark shape. Surprised that after that you'd want to try it again, and surprised that you and your friends got anywhere at all by simply thinking about it.

I've never heard of anyone, (other than you), doing this by simply wishing it. That may be where you're having trouble; trying to do it again the same way. It may have been a once in a million thing. Other than these things happening completely spontaneously, without any effort, or even conscious desire to do so, I would think that some effort has to be put into it. I can only think of two ways. One is to ask a higher power to do it for you. Two, is to use some technique, like remote viewing. The higher power request appears easy at first, but consider how long a serious faith might take to develop, and the target remote viewing technique I know is difficult, and tedious. It's just hard work, at least for a sometimes very lazy person like me. Real time and effort is required either way.

Also, as I mentioned before, I really think different rules apply to different states of consciousness, and when you don't adhere to those rules you don't get the desired outcome. For instance I don't think you can visit a real place in a dream. I believe that dreams are a creation of the dreamer, or dreamers, although real people can move in and out of them. So trying to meet up with people at a real world location while dreaming is going to produce something else altogether. In targeted remote viewing you visit real places, while awake, but they may appear unreal because so much of the place will be represented symbolically instead of literally. In extended remote viewing you visit real places that are completely literal, while asleep, but you are not dreaming, you are having an out of body experience.

So, you may want to give something entirely different a try. I imagine there are at least a few, if not many, other techniques out there as well. If you do want to realize your goal though, I think you may need to employ one of them. Good luck to you.

Bringing back this thread to see if any of the newbies want to give it a go. My original post:
Some friends and I all tried a dream experiment. I was in college, and they were in high school, but we all agreed to try to think of meeting each other at the high school just before falling asleep and see if we could do a group lucid dream.

What is interesting is that all 4 of us dreamed that we were lost, couldn't get to where we were going for various reasons (I was lost in the city and there were numerous relected surfaces that my image was being distorted on) , and were bring pursued by an angry dark shape closing in on us.

Has anybody else attempted a group lucid dream like that, by agreeing to meet at a location in the real world well known to all, and met with a similar situation - or even a different situation?

Never really gotten it to work again.

Back